Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Kids at a wedding?
Yes 20 46.51%
No 23 53.49%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 02-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2567: Weddiculous

with Jamie Lee – Jamie’s book Weddiculous and her related wedding; Venmo; Taco Bell ‘food’ inventor joins TGI Fridays

Guest:
Jamie Lee

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I was at a wedding on a beach at sunset and there were lit candles stuck in beer bottles along the shoreline. At the reception I noticed that the tide was coming in and they would need to be moved so I asked the kids that were around to look after them. Being smarter then me they blew out all the candles and said problem solved. I said that's not what I meant, re-lit them and asked the kids to gradually move them up the beach as the tide comes in. Then another adult pointed out that drunk people probably shouldn't be asking children to play with fire.

Otherwise, kids at weddings, who cares. I've barely even noticed them at the ones I've been to. To busy drinking and avoiding getting stuck talking to adults I don't know.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 02-11-2017, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Fun to hear Jamie Lee back on the show after so many aeons. I'm kind of that dude who doesn't realize he has opinions on flower colours and shit until something like this happens too, although I doubt I'd be complaining that red flowers are anything to do with Christmas. I'm not that goofy.

Who was the other guest from back then who went to LA to make it? Mike something. Pretty sure it was the dude who would act gay toward Keith "as a joke".
Old 02-11-2017, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Michael Mattera
The Girl, Bucho and Lanfear like this.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

firstly: Jamie is kick ass. moar Jamie pls and kthx.

other. peoples'. input. <---- this is why we eloped.

Bear's parents own a wedding venue and there was no way a wedding wouldn't have ended up his mother's fairy tale fantasy for her baby boy. we would have been emotionally coerced into many a tradition we just didn't give a shit about. the initial reaction of Mama Bear and Sister Bear to our getting married were upset tears over the moments we deprived them of. decision: affirmed.

we didn't even take any pictures; too busy being easy breezy. #sorrynotsorry

...now, that being said, will i throw a themed love party this summer where everyone has to wear purple, bring their fanciest dish, and we book several bands? maybe. if Mama Bear wants to dance with her boy, then she gets to dance with her boy, i'm not a monster, but it'll be on my terms. <3
Bucho likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 02-13-2017, 02:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I've never really thought about this. The idea that you can just tell people to NOT bring kids to your wedding never occurred to me. I certainly never been to a wedding that banned kids. But , yeah. FUCK KIDS.

I mean
I also have never been to a wedding where people held back their drinking, groping, or cursing because of the presence of kids. There's always some single person, or older person who is appointed to keep them from burning things.
Apia and Mermaid like this.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think I smiled once during this show...

... and it wasn’t about anything on the show.
Weddings. Yawn. Self absorbed girl wrote a book about... Weddings. Yawn.
Oh wait... Her brother had a fight with her uncle and shit? Wow.
That part really had me on edge.
Although learning that her husband doesn’t like red roses was also really interesting. Yeah that really got me thinking. Was it deep or funny?

Lets hope she never divorces, never writes another book, just stays married and does not get invited back. Ever. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by radknack View Post
... and it wasn’t about anything on the show.
Weddings. Yawn. Self absorbed girl wrote a book about... Weddings. Yawn.
Oh wait... Her brother had a fight with her uncle and shit? Wow.
That part really had me on edge.
Although learning that her husband doesn’t like red roses was also really interesting. Yeah that really got me thinking. Was it deep or funny?

Lets hope she never divorces, never writes another book, just stays married and does not get invited back. Ever. Thanks.
ewwwww, girlie stuff. i want more booooy stuff. waaaaaaaah!!!!!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!
Bucho and Mermaid like this.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

I enjoyed watching this one on Youtube, Jamie Lee is so charming.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I've never really thought about this. The idea that you can just tell people to NOT bring kids to your wedding never occurred to me. I certainly never been to a wedding that banned kids. But , yeah. FUCK KIDS.

I mean
I also have never been to a wedding where people held back their drinking, groping, or cursing because of the presence of kids. There's always some single person, or older person who is appointed to keep them from burning things.
I wouldn't have thought about holding back drinking or cursing because we are much more chill about that here anyway.

Its more about the adults themselves being relaxed. If you don't bring your kid you can eat your food in peace, no baby needs to be soothed, everybody can stay and party longer and not have to go home after dinner because the kids need to be put into bed.

Just get a babysitter, its not like weddings happen all the time
Bucho and Mermaid like this.