Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will the gang be asked to stop handing out cards at Landmark?
Yes 39 84.78%
No 7 15.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 08-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2701: Money! Money! Money!

with Andrea Allan – Keith’s Landmark graduation; self-help/anonymous meetings

Guest:
Andrea Allan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Landmark super landmark?
Keith and the girl, counseling and weed are the only reason (other than my dad) I'm not dead. Thank you Katg.
and no, keith is right, don't use the we will be talking about you one. but yes, if you could sneak in a cam and make a katgtv...
Keith and kevinquinn like this.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

In England people will give their numbers out to newcomers but not take the newcomers number. If the newcomer needs help they then have people to phone.
I would never dream of asking a newcomer for their number, let alone ask them out for a coffee. Chemda is right, ignore them and don't feel bad.

But of course that is only a suggestion blah blah blah, AA speak, blah.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You do not have Deaf listeners, but I can totally give you tips about the deaf community and interpreters (that's what "sign language ladies" are really called)

Interpreters absolutely develop relationships with their clients, but I don't know of any romantic relationships. Most interpreters are female. Several of my wife's were at my wedding.
Keith likes this.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wonder if the Landmark interpreter knows all the levels of landmark? She probably interpreted them all. See if you can get her on the show!
RichSPK, Apia and Mermaid like this.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Leaving cough medicine and then conveniently being on the same subway with her.... creepy...
Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm getting a lot out of the AA and al-anon talk lately on the show...I've been thinking about going to CODA or al-anon for ages but am nervous about potential god-botherers, pressure from members to go every week (sponsor phones calls etc). Andrea's experience with getting texts is along the lines of what I don't want.
The Girl, Scorpion and Apia like this.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefusingYouLiquor View Post
Leaving cough medicine and then conveniently being on the same subway with her.... creepy...
Sounds like somebody wasn't listening and made up their story...
Scorpion likes this.
Old 08-29-2017, 05:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by albi View Post
I'm getting a lot out of the AA and al-anon talk lately on the show...I've been thinking about going to CODA or al-anon for ages but am nervous about potential god-botherers, pressure from members to go every week (sponsor phones calls etc). Andrea's experience with getting texts is along the lines of what I don't want.

Don't let people stop you if you feel these meetings will help. Part of it is to learn how to respond in truth. Say no when you don't want to do something.

Keep thinking about all the bad things that can happen and you'll never do anything you want/need.

If you've been wanting to go to a meeting... go to a meeting. Go to 6 different ones.

Live your best life. The discomforts are usually worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scorpion, albi, snowflake and 1 others like this.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Don't let people stop you if you feel these meetings will help. Part of it is to learn how to respond in truth. Say no when you don't want to do something.

Keep thinking about all the bad things that can happen and you'll never do anything you want/need.

If you've been wanting to go to a meeting... go to a meeting. Go to 6 different ones.

Live your best life. The discomforts are usually worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Chemda, you're right. Saying no is exactly what I need to learn to do anyway. I'm gonna give a meeting a go. <3
The Girl likes this.