Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Casablanca
Yay 7 29.17%
Nay 1 4.17%
Never saw it 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 06-03-2022, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3545: Red Table Talk

Keith and Chemda return after their Memorial Day break to discuss Jada Pinkett Smith’s deep hope for celebrity reconciliation, Bill Cosby’s charges from raping a 16-year-old at the Playboy Mansion, and the fallout from the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial. Memorial Day weekend had at least 14 mass shootings across the United States, but nothing can be done about it apparently, so let’s all try to enjoy the day the best we can. Happy Pride Month!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I get the idea of supporting divorced children but what about when you don't get divorced?
( I know it can always still happen! I hope it will not!)
Old 06-04-2022, 01:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe the inflation of mass shootings is what will end them?
It's not even worth it, a potential shooter will think. I might not even make it on Twitter because my shooting was too boring. I'm depressed now and will solo kill myself. Good bye.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

I saw the original Top Gun when it was released and I was a kid, so of course it blew me away (great music! Dogfights! Need for speed!) and I saw the newest one the weekend of its release in IMAX.

Yes, the movie is heavy on nostalgia, but it paid more attention to the jets and the technology, which I liked. Also, the romance wasn't cheesy or forced, which I also liked.

Bringing in Val was a nice touch, he obviously earned to be in it.

The flying scenes were great and it was more self-aware. I thought it was fantastic. I think the RT ratings accurately represented it. It is a fun summer movie.
Old 06-04-2022, 07:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

“It’s a fun summer movie. 99% perfect!”
Old 06-04-2022, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

To fully appreciate Casa Blanca (White House) you have to understand the historical context when it came out. It is about getting the US into WW2. The beginning of a beautiful friendship is about US and French relations. Worth a rewatch with that context if you missed it the first time through. That is why it is the best movie of all time.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, Casablanca is pretty great but indeed it needs a little historical perspective, and it is also misunderstood by people who've not really seen it. Like how so many people think Great Gatsby is a romantic story (and even have Gatsby themed weddings and such) whereas it is really about a bunch of entitled arseholes, adulterers, murderers and thieves. Definitely if you go into Casablanca thinking it is the most classic romantic movie of all time...yeah, you'll probably have a bad time.
nordcharonmir likes this.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

First, and most important, Casablanca is shit and knowing that we've basically been lied to about movies our whole lives, what else are they lying about?? Everything!

Second, I know it was a jokey moment when Keith talked about guests during Pride month (and it was funny), but I recently stumbled into young gay new York comedians and can't think of better time to get them on the show than during gay days! Sone of them include Jessie Ballard, Conor Janda, and Clara Olshansky. What I love about younger queers is just the freeness with joking about their lives that for me would have seemed horrific.
The Girl and Svage like this.
Old 06-05-2022, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordcharonmir View Post
To fully appreciate Casa Blanca (White House) you have to understand the historical context when it came out. It is about getting the US into WW2. The beginning of a beautiful friendship is about US and French relations. Worth a rewatch with that context if you missed it the first time through. That is why it is the best movie of all time.
Lol it is so sad you think anyone is reading anything you write, maybe switch back to sketchowl, that account has less heat on it right now
Old 06-05-2022, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

“But seriously, I know I’m a liar and a condescending little troll bitch, but can we share real thoughts about Casablanca?”
rodimusprime likes this.