Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Mariah Carey the Queen of Christmas?
Of course 12 52.17%
No 11 47.83%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes

Old 08-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3575: Scream w/ Mary Jo Pehl and Chris Gersbeck

Mary Jo Pehl and Chris Gersbeck return to cover a wide range of topics. Let’s see here … Janet Jackson’s Rhythm Nation is breaking computers, Mariah Carey is fighting legally to be the Queen of Christmas, and Dennis Rodman is ready to free Brittney Griner. Meanwhile, Russia overtook a Ukraine nuclear power plant, a white teacher in Rochester, NY had his black 7th-grade social studies class pick cotton and wear handcuffs and shackles as a slavery lesson, and Deshaun Watson’s multiple sexual assault punishment went from sitting out 6 games to sitting out 11 games. Ready to listen? Let’s have some fun!

Guests:
Chris Gersbeck

Mary Jo Pehl

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 04:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Mariah is not for me. I just don't feel it.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I voted yes in the poll. I say we have a battle to the death to prove it though.
ThePinkSuperhero likes this.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hearing Xerxes run someone through a mic check and getting ready for the show is like ASMR. He's like the Bob Ross of tech.
The Girl and DeathInGrasp like this.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I voted yes in the poll. I say we have a battle to the death to prove it though.

Okay, but whose death? Mariah?
Old 08-25-2022, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Chemda's comments about January babies are so true. I feel like the people born close to holidays do get more credit about the shitty timing, but people in January not really. I was born later in January, so far away enough that people don't think about it in advance, but close enough that I have to hear my whole life before receiving a gift(or not) an apology and explanation that they don't have money because of Christmas. Even from my own parents, but they did wait until after I turned 18 to have a disclaimer when calling me. I stopped telling friends my birthday so I would have less people telling me Happy Birthday, sorry they are broke.

One good thing about a January birthday though is it is usually before everyone else I know, so it means other people make the choice first and so I'm clear of guilt if I decide to do the same.
The Girl likes this.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Here's the wild part about Deshaun Watson. He doesn't get paid for the games he's suspended. BUUUUUUT he has a new contract that has the most guaranteed money ever to any player in NFL history. He knew he was going to be suspended this year. So his current contract has the minimum salary requirement for this year.

So no matter how many games he's suspended for this season he won't miss out on much money because the contract doesn't really start paying him money until NEXT year. That's why they fined him 5 million dollars. Which still isn't THAT much because he's getting the most money ever given to a player.

Disgusting.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 08-25-2022, 09:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like Christmas because I've found the magic ingredient. It's low expectations. It really works. Plus it's cheap.
My expectations are not to work, having time to read and hike with the other 3 people I my house.
The Girl likes this.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 08-25-2022 at 09:55 AM.
Old 08-26-2022, 11:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsisandDesist View Post
Okay, but whose death? Mariah?
Well it can't be her, for Mariah is eternal.
Old 08-26-2022, 12:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bag of lazers View Post
Well it can't be her, for Mariah is eternal.
Oh god I hope not.