Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did you pay for a check mark on Twitter?
Yes 0 0%
No 22 100.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree19Likes

Old 04-25-2023, 08:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3657: Age Restriction w/ Carmen Lagala

Carmen Lagala joins Keith and Chemda to discuss love, anxiety, and Motley Crüe.

Guest:
Carmen Lagala

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and reedcj like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 07:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Im pretty sure the guy who is taller now will still not be happy, because it’s always something.

I’ve seen an ex of mine 2 days ago, it’s been 17 years!
We have still some contract in writing, I went over and said hi and he didn’t recognize me. It was in front of the convention for internal medicine, I went in and he didn’t have a batch so he wasn’t let in.
So I wrote him “ I went over to you and said hi and you didn’t recognize me!”

He said, “ damn , it’s true. I was so stressed out because they didn’t let me in, sorry. So it was you, sorry!”

I choose to believe it’s because I’m still so beautiful and young looking. I want no other input this is what I choose to believe.
reedcj likes this.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

When I heard of the guy getting his legs done I thought of this scene from this classic movie.

Old 04-26-2023, 01:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Not a fan of the crapping your pants in say a marathon or any long distance event. I will say though if you have to dump, chance are you have a bigger issue going on.

I have run marathon's, but they are at the end of an Ironman, I've never run one on it's own as yet. In Ironman races, people often pee on the bike in their bike shorts. I am like um no thanks. I raced bikes for a lot of years and I learned to piss on the bike when the peloton would sometimes do, but never into my bike shorts. The chafing etc would be terrible.

Now stomach troubles in a marathon or other distance event can come on really quickly with some of these gels and drinks if you're not used to them, or just because you're on a bike for five or six hours.

During the 2017 tour of Italy, Tom Dumoulin had to ummm, take a fast natural break, the coverage moved on quickly once they understood what was going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2fsbH9sy8

At least with long distance swimming you can pee at anytime. I did a 5km race before covid and it was great.

If you have to poop during a sporting event, it is rarely a solid effort. Just saying.
Old 04-26-2023, 01:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

I also meant to mention kudos to Carmen Lagala, she was quite the runner, Hall of Fame at UVM, and ran 56s for 400 meters, 1:31 in 600 meters and sub 2:10 for 800 meters. We of course let her in to Canada with no ID.

https://www.timesargus.com/lagala-ca...7bc26147b.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkykEgnvrcQ
Old 04-26-2023, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What kind of mob run circus did you go to Chemda? That shit is insane. I would have liked started cussing after that light up toy stunt. They definitely aren’t takeout into account that not everyone is able to afford a damn $18 piece of crap and that they were lucky to get tickets and wanted to do something nice for once for their kids. It is coercion and should be illegal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, The Girl and shoebootie like this.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)

I recently reached out to an ex.

I randomly thought of him that day, and instead of letting it pass like a normal person, I "decided" (its generous to assume actual thought was involved) to reach out to him later that night while bored at work.

Me: "What are the odds you still have this number? Pretty low, I think."

He wrote: "The odds are good. Hello "Rune". What a nice surprise! How have you been??"

Me *Actually shocked, bc I was in a silly, goofy mood and genuinely didn't expect him to be on the other end for real*: "The odds are not good. We're just weirdos, because who keeps their numbers this long."

Him: Haha, yeah it is crazy! How is life? And some things never change, you're up in the middle of the night."

I quickly realized it was 3AM for him.

You can imagine how this ended.
Keith likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I can't. How dare you.
starscream likes this.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

This guy was remembering how much my sleep sucked, meanwhile he was the type who would sleep as soon as his head hit the pillow.

I explained I was at work and completely blanked on how late it was (1 AM for me, still late tho), so I asked him what he was doing up at 3 AM?! He told me about how he went back to grad school and woke up early to finish a presentation that was due later that day.

The next day, we started to FaceTime and catch up.

Old feelings resurface.

We return to our routine of talking on the phone for hours, always ending with him falling asleep snoring on the other end while I was still wide awake.

We talk about the old issues that ended our relationship and all the stuff that’d happened since, which there turned out to be a lot of. Our lives had changed in a lot of ways - he’d lost both his parents, rather tragically, separately. I’d lost one, also tragically.

Fast forward: We decide to meet.

Rewind: He had come to see me once before after over a year or so, but I was happy in a relationship with someone else. I was also still in love with this guy, and I almost cheated for the first time in my life, but I did the right thing and instead told him to move on and that I wished him the best.

Past/Present: Sparks are flying. He’s two times zones away, but we fly back and forth and stay as much as we can.

Our old problems rear their ugly heads, and the long distance doesn’t help.

We crash and burn.

We’re heartbroken.

TLDR: It ended the way it always ends when you go back to something that didn’t work out the first time.
Keith and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 04-29-2023, 03:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Like we were supposed to assume that meant etc.?!

But I hear ya. Ain’t that the way
Rune likes this.