Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever deliberately boycotted a product based on the company's politics?
Yes 22 81.48%
No 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree24Likes

Old 06-22-2023, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3684: A Good Start

Keith and Chemda discuss billionaires, from Elon Musk declaring that ‘cisgender’ is a bannable slur on Twitter to the rich dying in OceanGate Expeditions’ Titan.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl, reedcj and DeathInGrasp like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 03:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I have chosen to never eat at Chick Fil A due to their politics.
Keith, The Girl, littlp and 1 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2023, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathInGrasp View Post
I have chosen to never eat at Chick Fil A due to their politics.
I as well won't eat bigot chicken. I don't eat Arby's for the same reason and I do agree with Rod about the possibility of mob like activity going on, allegedly.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-22-2023, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I refuse to eat at Chik Fila. Even if someone brings it to a work event I won’t eat it.

I used to be Catholic and one of the big things they said was that masterbation was a sin because you were taking that pleasure away from your future husband. I used to be such a rule follower I almost said that during confession. To some likely creepy older white male whl god only knew would do with that info. I’m really glad that I always literally choked up at the end and could never get it out.

I have never seen John Wick besides the first 10 minutes. I was in a clients house and the TV was on-my nurse practitioner was doing her portion of the assessment and I have ADHD so of course o started watching. I had no idea about the puppy and almost started crying in front of the patient. I quickly asked to go to the bathroom and since I’m diabetic it’s not that unusual for me to need to go. I can’t watch any John Wick film now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith and reedcj like this.
Old 06-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It's amazing. Even just up to "I know you like taking care of me so I gave you something to care for"

OH MY GOD!!!
reedcj likes this.
Old 06-22-2023, 09:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's amazing. Even just up to "I know you like taking care of me so I gave you something to care for"

OH MY GOD!!!
We have entered some kind of simulation where you're just trying to avoid getting tricked and just being yourself. I know that's called life, but you're doing you and then what the fuck just happened happens. This is a chance to figure out what the fuck just happened because it keeps happening! And I resent being associated with a tr*mp supporter as a listener
Old 06-23-2023, 07:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

James Cameron has spoken.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8J4PCx2/

For those who don’t like TikTok he basically said that he had concerns from the beginning when he heard what ocean gate was made of but at the same time didn’t pay a lot of attention because he was making Avatar 2. He also assumed that they were certified. He did say he had spoken up with concerns when he heard about the materials being used and that he said it was a terrible idea. He mentions specific scientific stuff and how when he heard the details of the incident-losing communications at 3500 feet, loud bang, that he knew that it had imploded and was sending emails out. He didn’t say to who.

The Girl, CsisandDesist and reedcj like this.
Old 06-23-2023, 10:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

A former employee filed a whistleblower lawsuit in 2018 and was also sued by the company, mainly about how the hull was made of carbon fibre and how to test. You need years of history in making custom carbon fibre anything.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/titanic...afety-lawsuit/

I don't think any of the people in the know about this are surprised about this.
reedcj likes this.
Old 06-23-2023, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

For those curious as to what happens when a submarine implodes.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8JqkB49/

Basically, this is from a mortician. It is like when a soda can gets crushed. It is instant and they had no idea it was coming. No body parts will be found because, she used the example of Ursula accidentally killing her eels and they turned into tiny bits, that’s basically what happened to them and thus none of their body parts will ever be found.

The Girl likes this.
Old 06-23-2023, 11:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The Oval Office had to think. And they went (understandably) Nah. Fuck em.
reedcj likes this.