Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Were Keith and Chemda aggressive with today’s questions?
Yes 7 21.88%
No 25 78.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 11-21-2023, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

3747: Have Some Dignity w/ Liz Miele and Neil Rubenstein

Liz Miele revisits KATG along with her pal Neil Rubenstein, and you know how Keith and Chemda do: they get aggressive!

Guests:
Liz Miele

Neil Rubenstein

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
The Girl and ThePinkSuperhero like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 06:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I had to stop listening, but I'm not sure what else Keith and Chemda could have done other than to stop asking him anything about his life. It sounded pretty clear to me that Neil is seriously depressed and probably not in the head space to be on the podcast.
Old 11-22-2023, 01:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It only gets better
The Girl likes this.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

You can always tell when a guest comes on the podcast and has never, ever, ever listened to an episode. I'm sure there are plenty of podcasts where any person can yell their opinions about Israel/Palestine, but you all try to get to know your guests and that's WAY more interesting. Oh well.
Scorpion, thirteen and XenoTitty like this.
Old 11-22-2023, 05:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

Liz said that Biden said he'd only serve one term.
https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/joe-...ry?id=67662497
Old 11-22-2023, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I listened to the episode first and I could definitely tell he was quite reticent.

I decided to watch the first few minutes to see if his facial expressions matched up and he didn't sound as awkward as he did on the audio only. Too bad he wouldn't get into the deep stuff, he probably doesn't believe in therapy or talking about his shit. So, he just sits in it. Maybe someday in the future he will be more forthcoming.
XenoTitty likes this.
Old 11-23-2023, 12:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This was still funny because of Liz and you both pros, but also uncomfortable.
It’s not like he was forced by law to be on this podcast. He wants to promote his work and get at least so successful that he can stop living OUT OF his car.
His stand up seems to be deeply personal and asking about it seems respectful, not nosy. If you don’t want personal questions, do your next stand up about the different kind of parking spaces.

By the way he said we don’t say “suicide” anymore? Stop it.
I can get on board with not saying “killing oneself” maybe.
Suicide is the scientific term, how can there be research about this topic, to see the signs early and learn what helps without the term.
Old 11-23-2023, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
By the way he said we don’t say “suicide” anymore? Stop it.
I can get on board with not saying “killing oneself” maybe.
Suicide is the scientific term, how can there be research about this topic, to see the signs early and learn what helps without the term.
The kids call it unaliving to get past the tiktok censor and it's bled thru to our in person language. It's probably gonna end up on next year's dictionary update and Keith will shake his fist with cane in hand at it like he tends to do. Don't be so ridgid Apia, language changes all the time, bussing right?
Old 11-23-2023, 01:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You have to call it something. Because it’s something that happens. Will it be the unaliving help hotline?

Ok I guess.
But I think about all the psychology books and scientific literature and wonder what will happen there. Just because we ban the word, it’s not like the thing stops existing.
I wrote about my friend who tried to “free her mind from the boundaries of her body”. ( better?)
The Girl and Scorpion like this.
Old 11-23-2023, 03:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
You have to call it something. Because it’s something that happens. Will it be the unaliving help hotline?

Ok I guess.
But I think about all the psychology books and scientific literature and wonder what will happen there. Just because we ban the word, it’s not like the thing stops existing.
I wrote about my friend who tried to “free her mind from the boundaries of her body”. ( better?)
No one's Banning anything, Im pretty sure Neil was joking when he said we don't say that anymore, and if he wasn't oh well. He doesn't speak for everyone. Some people say it, some people don't. It's okay.