Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
tga

The "What do we do now?" thread

I am surprised noone else has really started this yet. So, in celebration of the new t-shirt slogans and also, cause I have just had a "What do we do now" experience, I wanted to share it and maybe others can put their stories here too.

So, this evening, feeling a little shit, had a shit day - ahhh yes, cheer myself up and I order myself some pizza for dinner.

Papa Johns is not a big thing here in England yet but there is one close to where I live and I love their pizza and LOVE the Garlic and Parmesan Breadsticks. So I order this but I did at first accidently say the cheesesticks but I retract and say I want the breadsticks. Oh yeah, extra pizza sauce. Anyway, order done. Await Pizza.

Pizza arrives. Sit down, open box and find cheesesticks. Driver gone. Beyond annoyed.

So, I called the shop and explained that I had the wrong order. The guy I spoke to could barely speak English and I try to explain that I had originally changed the order when I placed it and I have the wrong thing.

This guy though - fuck knows if he listens to you guys but you know, he might says to ME - the customer - "So, what do we do now?"

I was SO fucked off and thanks to Keith and the Girl, I was prepared.

"NO! WHAT ARE PAPA JOHNS GOING TO DO NOW?! YOU ARE THE ONES THAT MESSED THE ORDER!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO NOW FOR ME?!"

I have a free breadstick order for the next time. It's a consulation prize and I really couldn't be bothered to be a total dick and make them come back but really - what a rude cunt.

As an American in London, I am still astonished at the level of customer service in the country sometimes.

So yeah, there is my story. Anybody else have any?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

You're an American?

With all the spelling and grammar mistakes in this story, I would have guessed international.

If Cubby gets ahold of this, you're fucked.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
tga

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
You're an American?

With all the spelling and grammar mistakes in this story, I would have guessed international.

If Cubby gets ahold of this, you're fucked.

It was typed quickly and I really can't be bothered to fix it for Cubby.

Cubby is cool, he'll live.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have tried the "What do we do now" thing, also with a pizza guy, but it did not work. I ended up paying 26 Euros for two pizzas instead of 18 Euros. Maybe it's because WDWDN is untranslatable, who knows.

48 THINGS TO SAY TO THE PIZZA GUY
Old 10-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuck
I have tried the "What do we do now" thing, also with a pizza guy, but it did not work. I ended up paying 26 Euros for two pizzas instead of 18 Euros. Maybe it's because WDWDN is untranslatable, who knows.

48 THINGS TO SAY TO THE PIZZA GUY
when i call a frenchie (or french canadian) merde tte, which is the word shit coupled with the word head, they dont understand it to mean shit head, and feign ignorance as to my meaning. so what do we do now?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
when i call a frenchie (or french canadian) merde tte, which is the word shit coupled with the word head, they dont understand it to mean shit head, and feign ignorance as to my meaning. so what do we do now?
Try "tete du merde"

Better results.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
tga

Now, I have told my colleagues at work about the "What do we do now?" sometime ago. I told my pizza story yesterday to my colleagues to their shock and amusement. We laughed. We went back to work.

After a conversation that my colleague just had, one wonders how far reaching this saying is and if people that have heard this wonderful phrase, really know how to use it?

A supplier calls my colleague and moans about how a credit note for an invoice had been taken months ago when it was only taken last week. They argue this point even though we have paper proof to show that the supplier is wrong.

Out of desperation, the suppliers says - "What do we do now?"

My colleague says - "What YOU do is go back and check your records...etc"

I think as advice, this phrase can only be used when you KNOW you are in the right. This is not something I think should be used at the first hurdle of a problem or situation. You have to have done some arguing first, wear the other person down and make sure that this phrase, when used has maximum confusing effect to ensure that person will back down and do what you have asked them to do. I think almost certainly, in most professional situations as described above, it will certainly not work.

Well, not with me and my colleagues anyway - we know what to say back!

Last edited by tga; 10-20-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:35 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga

As an American in London, I am still astonished at the level of customer service in the country sometimes.
I wouldn't be .. customer service is the UK is about the worst anywhere in the world.

I tried a WDWDN with my ISP after 2 months of crappy connections ... I don't think the nice lady in Karachi understood me tho
Old 10-21-2006, 09:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
Ha ha, funny you still remember that, that was during the 42-hour liveshow.

What do we do now? Just punch the Frenchie in the teeth, it's the universal translation for things like shit head.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
Papa Johns is not a big thing here in England
Your right. There was one near me, I'd heard so much good press from watching shows from US, that I thought I'd give them a try. The pizzas weren't all that compared to Pizza Hut or Dominos, and the garlic sauce was complete shit, but they always had a 2-for-1 offer on... so thats the only reason I used to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
I have a free breadstick order for the next time.
Fuck me, your brave using them again! Bet they never spat in it, eh?