Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG View Post
This thread was started because Dah said something in another thread. It was hijacked. And for the first time EVER a mod (keith) started a new thread to avoid the other thread from being HJ.

now the 2 individ, who want to discuss this are busy. keith with his show. (LOOK UP it is on) and Dah (No idea)

it is a worthwhile discussion and good things are being sad. (excpet for the same asshole who like to toss in a random paragraph not related to the subject at hand.

Will they get called out for gong off topic? No. But they should if there was more then 2 moderators around here.
Well then don't be hypocrite and post in the thread. But you couldn't help yourself, right? It's a forums, you post in threads...
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:32 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
This thread was started because Dah said something in another thread. It was hijacked. And for the first time EVER a mod (keith) started a new thread to avoid the other thread from being HJ.

now the 2 individ, who want to discuss this are busy. keith with his show. (LOOK UP it is on) and Dah (No idea)

it is a worthwhile discussion and good things are being said. (excpet for the same asshole who like to toss in a random paragraph not related to the subject at hand.

Will they get called out for gong off topic? No. But they should if there was more then 2 moderators around here.
dahonay was here. and nobody is exactly sure what its about, though we know its more than SNA.

so, unless you know exactly what dahonay is thinking, you actually dont know if its off topic yet. somehow, i think that what we are doing is something somewhere in the ballpark of the topic, at the very least.

feel free to add something constructive. the commentary is entertaining enough, though, if thats all youre sellin
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:35 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
i would ask you to explain, but that means nothing in the context of this thread.
"This is where all parties can get together and find peace."

i mean that youre a hater, and dont belong in a healin' thread. pick someone, and bury the hatchet. or at least voice valid concerns.

you say you read the thread, i mentioned points that the "other side" had made that i acknowledged, then you say it didnt happen. explain yourself.
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Or do you automatically think the 'All parties' meant YOU
MG, where have you been? It's all about Spooky! Duh!
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #95 (permalink)
36D

treadmill.
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:40 AM   #96 (permalink)

Let's see if we can sum this up:
  • This has something to do with The *NA threads
  • The show of the 11th, or so - that Spooky was on, basically pissed on the reason people were upset about the deletion of the *NA threads
  • Spooky spoke for the world and said "They've got this secret forum" and "They think that it must have been me who deleted SNA"
  • People were hurt by the way that it was handled.
  • Maybe we need to "Suck it up and realize it's an internet forum" but unlike everyone, we might not be in close proximity to those who we share similar interests to. This, beyond all expectations, became that place. Hell, Spooky was in a fairly serious relationship from this forums, other members have been.

What isn't clear is:
  • Why was *NA deleted?
  • Was it really space?
  • Was it an accident?
  • Did it turn from an accident to "Well fuck you, if you're going to be upset about it when you're using something free, go stuff it!"?

I figure it's probably gone beyond fixing, but I don't think it's unreasonable to get some clarification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D View Post
treadmill.
no, you can find your way off a treadmill. This has proved it's no longer that.

It IS however, this:

(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM   #97 (permalink)

I'm not a hater. I love KaTG and most of you... I appreciate Keith's offer to post my thoughts here. Thank you all for your patience.

Wow... I don't know where to start. Although the first part of this is about the deletion, please know that it's about more than that.

Let's start with the fact that I have a KATG logo tatt. Mr. DaH has a KATG logo tatt AND a HUAR tatt. We have spent over $500 in merch in the last 3 years. And we have been to 4 main meet ups (not including locals) to the tune of over $1500 each (not including airfare). We have (happily) helped create situations that other fans could benefit from. And we have been asked for help in organizing things that would promote the show. We were MORE THAN GLAD TO DO IT BECAUSE Keith and the Girl ROCKS OUR WORLD. We have been raving fans since day one and will continue to be no matter the outcome of this fucked up situation. Together they are comedy gold and it's like crack... you can't put the pipe down.

But I don't need to be healed. But if you want to know what's on my mind then here ya go...

Here are the bullet points:
* The deletion (which was the catalyst)
* Spooky egging the situation on
* Spooky always being right in the eyes of everyone just because he's in "the inner circle"
* Hijacking of threads & the need for moderation
* Selective moderation
* Dissed in NYC

I will admit that my disenchantment started with the *NA deletion... NOT just SNA, but the way the entire deletion situation went down. A lot of people were affected. Not just the ones you think. For me and Mr. DaH everything just spiraled down from there.

We are in a Catch 22 situation here... It's Keith & Chemda's medium is their property. Yet they would have no show without the fans. To "randomly" delete threads without warning was WEIRD to a lot of people. It probably would have blown over easily if there hadn't been SO much misinformation. Everyone was blaming everyone else and SPOOKY was right there to egg it all on. Some warning and explanation would have absolutely helped the situation. Keith claims that at some point he either told us or posted a link to the back up file where we "could retrieve our memories" yet NO ONE remembers that at all. That's why NO ONE downloaded anything. Because NO ONE KNEW THE OPTION EXISTED!!! But all those threads asking why and how, were DELETED as soon as they were started... Suspect???? hmmmmm....

I continue on my Spooky rant...

I need to fast forward for a minute... SPOOKY... do you recall PM'ing me and asking me if me & Mr Dah were coming to your oil party? I very truly and sincerely explained that we had already been invited to the party in Jersey and asked about hanging out with you at other events to which you replied that you were gonna hang low and stay off the radar blah blah blah.

For the record... at least 90% or more of the failed oil wrestling party participants were in fact invited to the Jersey party. I extended that invite to most of them with consent of the host. So to call US elitist, Spooky, is the pot calling the kettle black. Imagine- we didn't even have a password!!!

The SNA forums were started so those of us slighted by the deletion had another place to communicate. People know about it. It was never a secret. Kinda like it was never a secret that NO ONE wanted Spooky to join because AT THE TIME AND EVEN STILL he claimed responsibility for the deletion. Would you want some douchbag that claimed responsibility to infiltrate a new place you had sought out to find peace????????????? (Even if he's just lying.)

Did anyone else notice Spooky didn't come to Keith's stand up show????? Know why???? Apparently "someone" is not allowed to even TALK to who she wants to, without Spooky freaking out, yelling, and leaving because he couldn't deal with the situation.

I have been super busy and was like 10 shows behind when we came to NYC last week. It wasn't until 2 days ago that I finally listened to Drama Queens where Spooky - AND KEITH AND EVERYONE ELSE - again misrepresents what that whole "thread deletion" situation was about. The way Keith and Chemda seemed to distance themselves from us in NYC makes sense now after hearing it. That makes me sad... that they didn't know us well enough to know that despite us posting on other forums that we were there for Keith's b-day... for them.

If I had heard that show BEFORE coming to NYC, I would have punched Spooky in the face at NGE's on Sunday night instead of greeting him with a hug and a smile.

Spooks- you DON'T deserve the respect of all these people. If you are friends with him like we were then you too are fooled. But I guess reputations mean more than friends in THESE forums, huH????

FTR... The Jersey party was planned and a lot of invites offered WEEKS before the oil party was even considered. Although I have no proof... it was suggested that Spooky purposely planned his party at the same time just to have this pissing contest. Oh, but I forgot... YOU ALL LOVE THE PISSING CONTEST! That's the main point of these forums these days, right?

Hijacking etc....

So it is suggested in the course of those threads about the deletions, that were deleted, that HIJACKING of threads was one of the main reasons... revisit the end of show 708: Drama Queen yourself folks. They talk about how "WE" - the collective *NA groups were infesting every other thread in discussing what we were eating for breakfast, who we wanted to fuck, what we were wearing etc. But we had all been BEGGING for some moderation. YES! Keep people on track by freezing them, banning them or whatevs for thread hijacking. HOW ABOUT THE NUMBER OF NOOB POSTERS THAT SPAM THEIR SHIT ALL OVER THE FORUMS? Or how about all the lame ass n00b posters... YES! We were all new at one time. But learn the lay of the land before you go starting a new thread about how to download the shows.

WHY WEREN'T ALL THESE SHITTY ASS MEANINGLESS NON POSTED ON THREADS DELETED FIRST TO SAVE SPACE??? (I know, I know- "Delete 10,000 threads with 5 posts, or 1 thread with 50,000". Spooky "antagonized" Keith into it?) Imagine if you deleted all threads with only one post or a couple of view... You might have made up for the 50,000 that SNA created!

** Selective moderation

So now as you read through new threads you will notice the same people over and over flirting and taunting and hijacking threads but NO ONE DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT. If the true reason for the deletion was space and hijacking you would think someone would have stepped in and moderated that. But no.

Many of us posted about inappropriate posting// spamming // stupid n00bs admittedly too lazy to look it up. But still.... No regular moderation with rules. But yet there are people like Bren_duh and Zenos banned for talking about cats on the CHAT because one of the KATG insiders told them to stop and they didn't. You have controversial threads closed and banned without warning. WTF????????????????

All of this above is about more than just the *NA deletions. But this next part has nothing to do with the deletions.

When people go out of their way to help promote your show and make new fans feel wanted and welcomed and important, it would be courteous to NOT shit on them in shows. And at least acknowledge their presence after an 1800 mile trip. "Hey- I didn't even know you were gonna be here" is quite the greeting... Were any of YOU surprised I was there? Doubt it.

Like Paste says- Never fall in love with something that can't love you back

This is one of the most emotional things I've written and I feel like shit for writing it.
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 12:46 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline View Post
MG, where have you been? It's all about Spooky! Duh!
wow, i just dont think you know english, we had a conversation in person, and its like you werent even there...

you tell me, what did we discuss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D View Post
treadmill.
you really want me to address this from you?
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 01:07 AM   #99 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

This is the fucking internet. Jesus people, everything gets deleted. Okay, maybe there should have been a warning before they deleted the *NA threads, but really?! I mean, it's just a bunch of stupid text. I doubt many people went back and read through the 50 gazillion pages all the time reminiscing about the old times anyways.
Stop taking this so seriously. This forums is a bunch of assholes talking about random shit and about KATG. No one went in your home and burned all your pictures, and killed your children. Calm down!

Also, the whole point of this forums is to be open and obnoxious. People have been getting soooo sensitive lately. Not only are threads being deleted, but people's avatars and banners too [edit] BECAUSE people get all angry and start crying about them and go running and complaining to the moderators [/edit]. When did all of you turn into a bunch of pussies???

As for spooky, c'mon. Really??? Are people REALLY still offended by him? After so many years of knowing him? WOW.

that's all I can say to you people. WOW.

Last edited by Abacus; 04-26-2008 at 01:11 AM.
(Offline)  
Old 04-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
so that, along with the rest of the people at your table that i talked to, being closed minded dicks to me when i was there to be nice, socialize, and find a common ground, pretty much ended the dialogue.

*edited to add, except for arcatacat, who was sitting at your table, he wasnt a dick at all, and i dont mean to include him in that statement
Hmm, three people at that table. Arc, Juline and myself. I wonder who he's not calling out? Probably just forgot who I was. I'm not very memorable and that's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kataish View Post
I don't see why everyone is still pissed off about this. Some SNAers left the forums altogether (and now have their own from what I hear), some that I know just come around less because (in my opinion) the forums have been pretty damn boring lately.
I'm of the same mind.

Quote:
If it wasn't for KATG, my life would be very different. I have met the love of my life through this podcast, I have met some of the greatest friends (DaHonay included!) and though I don't come around the forums/chat/pal talk as often as I used to, I still keep in touch with those that matter to me outside of all of this.
OMG, Me 2! Except for the love of my life part. Although that would be pretty cool.

Quote:
I had the best time in NYC, with those that I already adore, and I met a handful of others who I didn't get the chance to know beforehand, but now I am thankful to have met them (andsoitgoes, Big Jim, etc...).
We're on the same wavelength, it's eerie.

Quote:
... Just my two cents, since everyone is adding theirs. I actually agree with spE though... if you don't like whats going on, then don't come around here anymore just to bitch about shit and be an asshole. Go do it somewhere else.
I don't have 2 cents about it. I don't even have one cent because I just don't care anymore. I came to witness the drama and make sure my assholishness (is that even a word? it should be) was attributed to the correct person.

The forums changed from what I knew them to be, so I moved on instead of trying to change them back to what I wanted them to be or sticking around to bitch about how they changed and I didn't like it. I went to a new forum (not secret, just different. for christsakes, I had the url in my signature when it got started up. How secret is that?), a new forum that was what I liked it to be. A casual "slow chat" where I can keep up on the lives of people I have gotten to know through the internet.

I still come here to read stuff, I just choose not to comment anymore because there really isn't much for me to comment on. I can't in the show threads because by the time I'm caught up to a show, it is already old news and if what I have to say hasn't already been said, it's surely outdated and may have even been discussed on the next show.

I'm a little sad that I'm not on these forums much anymore, and people have told me personally that they miss "our little group" and what we brought to the table. It is what it is though. C'set le vie.

I too got "snubbed" by Keith at the show. I either attributed that to him not liking me or that it was right after his show and he was busy. Probably the latter because who am I really. Either way, oh well. I was in NYC and I said hi.

Hi.
(Offline)  
Closed Thread