Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do we need jails?
Yes 96 98.97%
No 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree75Likes

Old 02-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #21 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm so sorry this has happened to you Chemda and Lauren. I cannot imagine how difficult this is for you to go through with someone y'all considered family. I hope it is all resolved positively really soon. I hope you feel safe soon too; this has to fuck with that because your home was invaded. We all love you both so much and we would do pretty much anything for y'all but I think you know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
Basically, I am suggesting you have someone at your place when Cat is in the studio this weekend.
Intelligent. I second this shit.

Cat and Keith, congrats on your green card I am sure that it is a load off your mind.

I hate to start to be the mental health person who is always chiming in about this shit but its what I do so... in regards to researching and treating pedophiles it is honestly more complicated than it first appears. Obviously these people need treatment VERY BADLY but if you were a therapist would you WANT to hear the fucked up shit that is in their heads?
No? Well, most IRL therapists don't want to either so nobody gets treated really. To compound this, because therapists don't want to hear it nobody researches about how to best treat them so even if there was one therapist who wanted to treat a pedophile they would kind of have to make it up as they go along. This is a very common problem with controversial topics like treating rapists, assaulters, stalkers ect.

We tend to be a sensitive folk so hearing about this sort of stuff is not our thing because we can burn out easily. Most of the stories I hear from people who have bad experiences with therapists are because the therapist is burnt out on listening to other people's normal problems. Imagine what hearing about wanting to have sex with children and think about the toll that can take on a person.

On a different note, there are mandatory reporting laws that can get tricky depending on what the potential pedophile tells you in therapy and some therapists would rather just not deal with it.

My information doesn't make the situation less depressing but hopefully it makes it easier to understand whats going on. Even the people who try to fix fucked up shit, therapists, can be fucked up sometimes too. *womp womp*
Sparrow and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by violachick8; 02-28-2014 at 10:59 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:56 AM   #22 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What a damn shame.

Fortunately, painting is easy and cheap. I haven't listened yet, but I bet Lauren has already fixed it, or only hasn't because of pending marathon madness.

I will always love Jonnie, McNally, Spooky, and Patrice. Before they died, we had good times in my earphones.
ThePinkSuperhero and marykae like this.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by codefendant View Post
What a shitty thing to have to deal with. I'm keeping a good thought for you guys, Chemda and Lauren.

Jonnie's behavior has the earmarks of some sort of organic mental breakdown in my opinion. My twin brother painted some graffiti of a similar nature on the walls of his room before he killed himself in 2006. He was 22. We never knew why he did it or could come up with any specific reason for his death. He led a pretty normal life. I ate lunch with him almost everyday. He was pretty introverted at times though. I don't know if Jonnie was that way at all.

The only thing I could come up with is that my bro had some sort of mental breakdown that erupted in odd writings on his walls and in some notebooks I found in his car from that day.

My point is that Jonnie may have had something similar happen where he sort-of imploded and lashed out somewhat uncontrollably. This would explain why he would do something that would effect Chemda and Lauren in such a negative way. It is possible that he wasn't thinking at all and having some sort of psychiatric episode. I absolutely am not saying he isn't responsible for his actions. I was just reminded of what I went through with my brother and was thinking it might help to share. It made no sense to me that my brother would put our family through that. He loved us unconditionally. Maybe this will help you guys take it less personally.

-Marc
I'm sorry for your loss.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Yes on jails, but maybe put them under the Department of Defense.

They have the money to make better jails, hire more guards and train them more thoroughly, etc:

Alternate solution:
It may be time for Running Man.
daemon likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

your prisons are too full already

Prison population rate (number of prisoners per 100,000 people)

Source: International Centre for Prison Studies (2006)
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM   #26 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm enraged.

So sorry, Chemda and Lauren.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jonnie Paint Your Walls

I know Chemda didn't like it when Keith called him Jonnie Run Your Pockets, but can we call him Jonnie Paint Your Walls now?
ThePinkSuperhero, Cyn and marykae like this.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by violachick8 View Post
...because therapists don't want to hear it nobody researches about how to best treat them
I always wonder why America doesn't favor therapy over incarceration.

Never thought of this before. Interesting.
JSZilla likes this.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #29 (permalink)

jails are a waste of money.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitho View Post
jails are a waste of money.
There you have it.