Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums HUAR! Command Center

HUAR! Command Center HUAR! news

Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102
You wouldn't need a white backing, just the outline. The black part can be transparent becuase the shirt is allready black, and the dark red isn't that much of a pain to take from a light red.
red is a very transparent color in screen printing ink, maybe yellow is the only other color more transparent, so unless you wanted a pink tint or to flash the red, its not going to happen without a white base. not unless in the last 2 or 3 years some miricle ink to replace plastisol has come about anyway.

ive done red on black, it CANNOT be done in one hit of the squeegee, it cant be done effectively without a flash. either the red or a white under the red, either way, the material wont tack down for it, and even if it did, it warps too much to be in register.

and even if you dont care about the registration, you are still going to get all these ghost images all over the place unless you take screen opener and wipe down the underside of the screen after every print, and youll get charged out the ass for it.

if it were my shop and someone wanted this done, i would charge at least an extra ten bucks per item, because they will end up eating alot of product due to mistakes, between both sides, i wouldnt be suprised to see as high as 15%, when usually its supposed to be kept well under 3%, and it will tie up the press and crew for an large amount of time due to all the extra work that is required, preventing other paying jobs from going out the door.

just sayin
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

I know nothing of printing. I know nothing of photoshop.I just know what I like. Come on folks, lets make this happen.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If not grey then what about olive-drab? Fits the kind of military theme.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:12 PM   #24 (permalink)

I would buy this immediately. I would really like it on white though. The $50 is a bit much for the KaTG one for me; I can't justify spending that much on a hoodie, even if it is for support.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:26 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellek View Post
Here's a mockup with the intended colors.
I love this one. I am not a big fan of the zipper hoodies. I also like it without the grey but either one would be cool as shit.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:57 AM   #26 (permalink)

I would totally buy one of these suckers... even though i already have two hoodies and i live in houston... rellek's is badass..

but if we need to design something on red or white... i might be down for a design contest... or am i too late?

also.. as a side note, so that k&c don't have to stock an item fully without knowing if anyones going to buy it.. i was thinking they may be able to put it on the store but only let people reserve it, and not buy it, with the understanding that they'll only get it if enough people reserve them... maybe they could even pay for it like a pre-order.. and then get refunded if it never becomes available.. i dunno.. tings!
"The internet will eat you." - patrice (ep 539 1:49:04)
Old 03-06-2007, 09:09 AM   #27 (permalink)

i want one
Old 03-06-2007, 02:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

I'm about to put £50 ($80-$100) on the counter for a hoodie that just says "Nike".

Name your price KATG, 'cos this £50 ain't lastin' long.