Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums KATGtv

Old 03-09-2008, 12:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Main Entry:
mic
Pronunciation:
\ˈmīk\
Function:
noun
Date:

: microphone

I don't know how they do things in Iowa, Todd, but around here Merriam Webster is good enough for us! 'Cause we're good folk! Not devil folk, like in Iowa! Todd! The Devil! That's you! You're the devil!

I rest my case.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

The word "open" isn't in dispute. Only "mic". I no longer find you fun. Goddammit, do a fucking google image search for "open mic". Language is a fluid process, and the mic variation has been in common usage for years and years. Should we still be walking around saying "pip pip?" There is no proper english! Proper english should be the fucking click noises that people originally made in Africa. Everything since is technically a distortion of that original, pure, best language where they all agreed on what everything was called. And Todd is a pedophile. Fact!

Last edited by McNally; 03-09-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm with Mr. McNally on this one. The "Open Mike" variant could cause some confusion within the confines of the KATG vernacular. To the avid KATG listener, the term "Open Mic" could signify nothing other than an evening of irregular, perhaps disturbing and uncomfortable, yet amusing performances - the types of activities, in fact, which led to the coupling of a legendary podcasting duo. Whereas, the term "Open Mike" may certainly be confused with another phenomenon, the excessive openness of one "Crazy Mike" - the type of unbridled outpouring, which also disturbing and uncomfortable, has unfortunately never led to the coupling of a legendary podcasting duo, rather only to the disturbance and discomfort of KATG listeners and the quiet exasperation of Crazy Mike's own mother.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 PM   #14 (permalink)

Right! And also, Todd is gay!
Old 03-09-2008, 08:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
There's probably not a forum member who would not understand that panikBoi means you... doesn't make it correct.
Don't bring my gay, evil twin into this argument. What a sick, disgustingly low blow. But I'd expect nothing less from the likes of you, sir.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Don't worry. He'll contact you.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
Yes, the Beastie Boys. A shining example of excellence in grammar if ever there was one.
Wow.

Fucking nerd right here yall lol
Old 03-17-2008, 06:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

Song at 1:29

Okay, it's driving me crazy... what is that song that starts at about 1:29 in the video? It sounds like they're singing "feel the life force" or "fill the lifeboat".

It's actually a pretty good song.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

Let me tell you a long boring story about music, since it's my 2nd favorite thing after old school videos games.

<grandpa simpson>

I first heard that song quite recently, despite the fact that it's quite old. I downloaded a torrent once of the top 100 rock songs of the nineties, and it was strangely disappointing. 90s radio rock is very generic and over-produced, and not how I would want to nineties to be remembered. The Smashing Pumpkins and Rage Against the Machine were the only bands that really stood out from that particular playlist.

So then I downloaded the top 500 songs of the 90s period, and THAT was the shit. It had a lot of Ace of Bass and Bobby Brown and shit like that, but that's the real nineties. So in with that I heard a Pixies song called Alec Eiffel, off their album I-have-no-idea, because I never really followed the Pixies that closely.

I could go on, but I'm heading out for St. Paddy's. Pretend that I talked for ninety more paragraphs. And know that every song I've put into a KATGtv is awesome.

Answer: The Pixies - Alec Eiffel

</grandpa>
Old 03-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
god

Sure, this is all Googleable... But it's off Trompe le Monde. And the Pixies are one of the greatest bands ever.