Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums What's My Name

What's My Name The Girl's show

Like Tree17Likes

Old 10-12-2013, 07:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

You missed my point. I mean no disrespect.

My point was aimed at transparency. "What/ Where did you come from?"

Anyone can 'get' Lauren. He's completely honest and transparent. I just didn't feel Kit was. Am I totally alone in this or are other people scared to say so because they would hate to offend Chemda or the guest?
Bucho likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think you have a point. But I'm not offended because I feel he was being honest about how he feels about it. It would have been nice to straightforwardly answer the question, but I'm not offended.
jesikat likes this.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
I'm not offended because I feel he was being honest about how he feels about it.
This is a good point. I'm just coming from an obvious bias.

Also, next to Lauren, (my most favorite-est trans man) is my second fav: Buck Angel. I recently heard an interview with him and he really was relatable and understandable and transparent and...all that.

Buck Angel. Awesome dude...with a vagina

Check out 10 Hottest Dudes who were once Gals: 10 Handsome Men (Who Were Born Female) - Oddee.com

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 10-13-2013 at 03:44 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This was really my point of my long ass post above.

The fact of the matter is, you can look at ANYONE and have NO CLUE what's really going on in their head.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post

Anyone can 'get' Lauren. He's completely honest and transparent. I just didn't feel Kit was. Am I totally alone in this or are other people scared to say so because they would hate to offend Chemda or the guest?

I agree with what you are saying and refrained from commenting because I didn't want it to be taken negatively.

I felt like when Chemda mentioned the word "off-putting" in my mind, I went "Yes! This guest is being extremely off-putting!"
It was frustrating for the guest to be a bit shut down and refusing to answer certain questions.
I understand you want to change the game. I understand you want to be outside of the box. I understand you don't want to attribute a certain sex/gender identity.

But if you came on a podcast to talk about gender and sex, you can't ignore certain things. You can't pretend the whole outside world is a certain way, and you have to understand that to be open and honest about the topic, then the audience has to have a reference point to identify with you. Or they get lost. Or they stop caring. Or it becomes off-putting.

Although I found that frustrating, I really enjoyed Lauren's discussion on this episode and did not want to necessarily bring up those other points as to not offend Chemda, for the most part. I think she does a great show and her guests are normally SO amazing that I wish most shows were twice as long because they always leave me wanting more!
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

_@_/
Old 10-16-2013, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesikat View Post
if you came on a podcast to talk about gender and sex, you can't ignore certain things. You can't pretend the whole outside world is a certain way, and you have to understand that to be open and honest about the topic, then the audience has to have a reference point to identify with you. Or they get lost. Or they stop caring. Or it becomes off-putting.
Exactly! I WANTED to hear Kit's story, but he shut Chemda down. This had TWO serious adverse reactions:

1) I as a listener am totally lost. Is Kit a person who was born into a female body, but identifies male? Is this what a trans man is?

2) You just scolded Chemda, the interviewer, the person fans like and trust. You didn't attempt to tell her how to word it. You didn't add humor. You were simply short and confusing as fuck. Granted, I'm sure Kit's feelings get hurt when faced with the reality of his situation. That's real sad and all, but toughen up, man! You're going into an interview about your sexuality. Your...sexuality is gonna come up!

This was a great show, but let's face it, Kit as a guest could have been more open and less defensive.
Old 12-25-2013, 12:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was an idiot (more than usual I mean) for waiting so long to hear this one, not least because I would have nominated the heck out of it for the KATGuhs. This was one of the best spin-off episodes of any year. Even future years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post

I don't think you were wrong to react like that Piff, and I was bummed out by that specific moment too, but I thought a couple of hiccups like that aside, Kit also did bring things to the table.

To me it felt like at least part of Kit's inability to match Lauren's level of openness and articulateness was to do with Lauren being incredible more than it was Kit being lacking. It's like, Canelo Alvarez is great, but you put him in there with Floyd and he looks ordinary. Lauren is the champ when it comes to discussing trans matters, and he's so badass there are very few who could keep up, let alone match him.