Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums My Name Is Keith

My Name Is Keith Keith's show

Like Tree36Likes

Old 08-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This episode was amazing and infuriating all at the same time

This show showed me a different side of Keith. My first thought when he mentioned going to Al-anon and not talking about it on the show was "well its anonymous you aren't supposed to talk about it anyway. Then I remembered that I was talking about Keith and he would do whatever the fuck he wanted anyway...so for him to say that was huge.

McNally's parents are just enabling his brother. By saying "go ahead, do all the drugs you want, we will have a pillow and a hot meal waiting for you when you wake out of your drug coma." that's not going to help him. At the same time, Mcnally talks like his brother is already dead. He makes it seem like nobody in his family has any faith in his brother. No it's not easy to be supportive of someone with an addition problem, but you think he doesn't know you have all given up on him? That has an effect on him.

As far as Keith feeling like its his fault because he spent so much time with his brother...that is crap. You don't control others actions. The number one thing you learn in Al-Anon (not that he will go) is
YOU DIDN'T CAUSE IT
YOU CAN'T CONTROL IT
YOU CAN'T CURE IT
Those are things only his brother can do. No action you take of don't take is going to cause him to do drugs. He made that choice for himself.

This episode made me join the forums after listening to Keith and the Girl for years. When McNally went into how his brother is the worst and nobody understands because nobody is worse than his brother yada yada yada, I had to control my anger while sitting at my desk at work. My loved one is an alcoholic, and no he is not the worst case scenario, I know that. However I have also gone to Al-Anon and seen and heard what other people go through. Get over the self pitty act and realize that EVERYONE has hard times and nobodies life is a field of roses. You cant take on the problems of your mom growing up poor, you can't take on your brothers drug addiction. You cant even see that you have to amazing friends that were sitting next to your during that show that wanted to help you because they care.

McNally needs to do himself a favor and go to Al-anon and get some serious therapy.

"Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #42 (permalink)

McNally is a douche, it's very sad.

"YOU DON'T KNOW POOR LIKE I DO"

"YOUR BROTHER WASN'T AS ADDICTED AS MY BROTHER"

Just shut the fuck up, man. You don't have everything figured out.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5858 View Post
"Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
Fuck you, welcome to the forums, suck my dick, etc.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:14 PM   #44 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

Old 08-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Back at you, thanks, and in my part of the world it isn't Wednesday.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:38 AM   #46 (permalink)

I've been talking to a lot of people individually, but I thought I should post something for the folks who didn't message me directly. You guys really gave me a beating on here, but I know I deserved it. The total blowhard version of McNally on these episodes -- Holy shit, man. I wouldn't like that guy either.

So thanks to everyone who gave me the benefit of the doubt, and to those who didn't, I don't hold it against you. Hearing myself on these shows, I actually reminded myself of my brother. Angry, loud, impossible to deal with, just causing shit to everyone who's trying to help him. I ain't proud of it, and I'm gonna try really hard to make things better in the future. Sorry I had to assault all your ears before I could hit bottom, but I think some good will come of it.

The poorest, most tragic soul these parts have ever seen, so much so that you could never, ever understand it,

McNally
Old 08-22-2012, 12:40 AM   #47 (permalink)

Jesus christ, look at that avatar. Latta always sees the truth. And that was from years ago. That dude is good.

Last edited by McNally; 08-22-2012 at 12:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #48 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I've been talking to a lot of people individually, but I thought I should post something for the folks who didn't message me directly. You guys really gave me a beating on here, but I know I deserved it. The total blowhard version of McNally on these episodes -- Holy shit, man. I wouldn't like that guy either.

So thanks to everyone who gave me the benefit of the doubt, and to those who didn't, I don't hold it against you. Hearing myself on these shows, I actually reminded myself of my brother. Angry, loud, impossible to deal with, just causing shit to everyone who's trying to help him. I ain't proud of it, and I'm gonna try really hard to make things better in the future. Sorry I had to assault all your ears before I could hit bottom, but I think some good will come of it.

The poorest, most tragic soul these parts have ever seen, so much so that you could never, ever understand it,

McNally
Apology accepted but I think everything would have been better if you had gone on the show instead of running away. You've owned up on the forums now but you should have come on the show and finished filming.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Jesus christ, look at that avatar. Latta always sees the truth. And that was from years ago. That dude is good.
Funny, but I was thinking the same thing a few days ago.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #50 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
so much so that you could never, ever understand it,
see? like that.