Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By dannyhatch
  • 2 Post By craigdw
  • 2 Post By dannyhatch

Old 10-27-2016, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

192: Bath or Shower

Amazing special guest Chanel Underscore Underscore Ali sits down with Libby, Keith, and Danny on How Is This the 192nd Episode with Danny for another deep dive into Danny's on-mic insecurities! Join the All-New All-New Morning Zoo Crew as they debate The Debate, movie screening Q and A etiquette, and Southern gentlemen. That's the Show with Danny: the podcast that the KATG Studio's upstairs neighbors don't want (you) to hear!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thanks for giving the show another chance, Apia. However I regret to inform you that this is as good as the show will get and subsequent episodes will be a return to the quality you found not up to your standards. To avoid further disappointment please do not listen to any more episodes of the show. Thank you for your comment and have a blessed week.
craigdw likes this.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Apia, what the fuck?

I agree with Danny, you should just stop listening. But I think maybe, because Danny is so funny, you're just trying to be funny back at him? Or maybe it's just a language thing. If so, you should know you're coming off as cruel, not funny. What it sounds like is: "Danny, I don't enjoy your show at all, ever, but at least this one made me vomit less."

I know it's Danny's "thing" to pretend he just threw a show together, and that he's not sure it's going well and all that. But it's obvious to me he puts a lot of thought into every show, and I've rarely ever heard anyone else who can just improv-riff off the top of his head and be so funny doing it. This is not to mention all the work he puts into every other show he's part of.

And after all that, he checks in with the forums to see if anyone appreciates this thing he pours his heart into, and all he sees is one comment saying the show was "better than before."

I want you to apologize to Danny, and I want you to apologize right now. Tell him this show was outstanding -- more outstanding than all his other outstanding shows, because that’s what you meant to say … right?

Danny, it's me, Craig. I'm back talking for myself now. This show was a party, and I had a blast listening. I'd quote some of my favorite lines, but so much of what makes them funny (as I’ve over-explained before) is your offhand delivery. It's like your main jokes are just setups for the random, under-your-breath comments that come after, which are the real payoffs.

Also, I didn't get a chance to post this on the forums last week (because I was writing novels on Libby's threads). Your show with Myq Kaplan was incredible. You two have such good chemistry. My favorite part was how the two of you are impervious to each other's puns. Like when you were explaining about the old lady who lived "above the Pentagon." Myq questioned the location. You said something about taking out your phone and asking her to drop a pin where she lived, and Myq just said the word "Pintagon," and everything moved forward as if that didn't just happen. I rewound back to that spot a dozen times because it made me laugh so hard.

Well, that's my time. Here comes the hook. You know I love you! Can't wait for next week. I know it'll be another great show.

WON'T IT, APIA?
dannyhatch and Apia like this.

CW Design Shop

Last edited by craigdw; 10-28-2016 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Awwww I'm sorry I know you didn't really mean it Apia, I just read your comment in a pissy headspace and thought what I wrote would come off as funnier than it did.

Craig thank you as always for your kind words and for bringing Apia, yourself, and myself closer together.

Also for real next week's episode is going to be terrible. A real 4/10. Brace yourselves!
craigdw and Apia like this.
Old 10-31-2016, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

This episode was a helluva lot of fun -I may need to listen again. Can't Chemda get a message thru Morgan Spurlock to Michael Moore? Also have you seen his Braindead scene. Also, can I get more commentary on Black Mirror please. Were you satisfied with the ending to Shut Up and Dance or was it too much? Do you want to live in San Junipero? Where are the Member Berries? (oops, wrong show)

Thanks Chanel for playing along & being one of the greatest buffers between Keith & Danny.
Old 10-31-2016, 03:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Good choice on Drive-By Truckers with The Song Of The Week, I am a big fan of them.

Some of their albums are better than others. They are a little inconsistent with song quality.

My favorite album by them is The Dirty South. I think Jason Isbell really started coming into his own with his songwriting on that album. He still does a couple of those songs in his live set.

Second favorite is Pizza Deliverance where Mike Cooley started writing some songs. I think Cooley is the best songwriter in the band.

I still need to get their new album, seems to be getting good reviews.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdw View Post
Your show with Myq Kaplan was incredible. You two have such good chemistry. My favorite part was how the two of you are impervious to each other's puns. Like when you were explaining about the old lady who lived "above the Pentagon." Myq questioned the location. You said something about taking out your phone and asking her to drop a pin where she lived, and Myq just said the word "Pintagon," and everything moved forward as if that didn't just happen. I rewound back to that spot a dozen times because it made me laugh so hard.
hey craig, thanks for saying nice things.
i love doing shows with danny.
glad you have enjoyed!