Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree24Likes

Old 06-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Some people could mask there disdain by being nice. You're probably right though I've never had the balls to ask although I've wanted to. Someone out there has done it though I'm sure.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I doubt it.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #23 (permalink)

All the sick, retarded, weird, awkward shit people do and you don't think anyone has ever asked that lol
Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Nope. It's that crazy.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I heard the rule of thumb is flights/trips more than 3 hours, seats back; anything shorter, you're an asshole. Flying across the ocean to the US is like 15 hours. You can go fuck yourself if you think I should have to sit there in a seat that CAN recline but resist the urge to lay back a little for fear of a person behind me who I will never meet thinking I'm a jerk for all of five seconds before they recline their own seat.
Keith, Bucho and Lanfear like this.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
I heard the rule of thumb is flights/trips more than 3 hours, seats back; anything shorter, you're an asshole.
Thats what I go by as well. If the person in front tries to recline their seat on short flights I might put up my knees and push back or keep bumping your seat to make sure they know I'm annoyed.

Last time I flew to the US I booked last row seats on purpose as seatguru told me that they reclined fully and I knew nobody would be unhappy behind me.
Bucho likes this.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

That seems fair. I've rarely been on flights more then 3 hours so I didn't consider those lengths.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:04 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Commuter buses are much worse than planes. If you put the seat down more than a few inches you're seriously affecting the person behind you. I have asked the person in front of me to move up a little a few times. Once it led to an argument. If the seat is all the way back it makes it nearly impossible to sit in the seat behind.

There's an older woman that probably weighs less than 100 pounds that sits in the outside seat and puts her chair all the way back. Essentially she's staking out 4 seats for herself. Very inconsiderate.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #29 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAlt View Post
Commuter buses are much worse than planes. If you put the seat down more than a few inches you're seriously affecting the person behind you. I have asked the person in front of me to move up a little a few times. Once it led to an argument. If the seat is all the way back it makes it nearly impossible to sit in the seat behind.

There's an older woman that probably weighs less than 100 pounds that sits in the outside seat and puts her chair all the way back. Essentially she's staking out 4 seats for herself. Very inconsiderate.
Yup, this is exactly what I was talking about before. It still makes me angry that the guy in front of me didn't give a shit. The space between me and the seat was insane. It's especially horrible if you're in the very last seat on the bus. You physically CAN'T get into the seat if the other person is already reclined. So no, just because the seat is made to recline all the way down, it doesn't mean you absolutely have to do it. You know when you're intruding into another person's (already very small) amount of space. It's not "wrong" by law, but a lot of things aren't. You're still an asshole.
Old 07-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirteen View Post
Yup, this is exactly what I was talking about before. It still makes me angry that the guy in front of me didn't give a shit. The space between me and the seat was insane. It's especially horrible if you're in the very last seat on the bus. You physically CAN'T get into the seat if the other person is already reclined. So no, just because the seat is made to recline all the way down, it doesn't mean you absolutely have to do it. You know when you're intruding into another person's (already very small) amount of space. It's not "wrong" by law, but a lot of things aren't. You're still an asshole.
Like dog earing a book
Scumhook likes this.