Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree8Likes

Old 10-23-2014, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

99: The Intense Show

Holy shit! Welcome to the almost-100th episode of The Danny Show! What an almost joyous occasion! What a time to be thinking about how happy we’re going to be in one episode! No, you can be joyous and happy (try being one and not the other, it is very hard) all you want because it’s time for another episode of The Chemda Is Intense Show. On this episode, we have a monologue that most people would call unfunny (but that at least one person would call avant-garde [the one person is me ]). THEN we get into the real meat of the episode, a discussion of everyone’s upbringing and a round of first date icebreakers from the good folks over at Jesus Weekly. And despite everything I just described to you, there’s still more! So much so that I don’t even want to say! Because I can’t! Because it’s been suggested to me that I keep these descriptions reasonable in length (if not in tone, which this one most certainly is not), so I’ll see everybody next week! Please don’t forget about me!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

there's a consensus of somewhere between 1982/85-2000 being where the Millennial generation is. we're big as fuck. bigger than the boomers if i recollect correctly. Keith and Chemda are Gen-X, yeah? or that weird little Gen-Y grey area. sometimes people use Gen-Y and Millennial interchangeably, but i think it matters how old you were when Beavis and Butthead was on.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think this is literally the 1st time I've liked one of Danny's musical choices.

There's hope for the lad yet.

Great fucking ep. Very intents (lolz @ cHemmo's in-tent-city).

Also, what's worse than having an abortion?
Bringing a child that you don't want and aren't equipped to care for into the world.

What's worse than that?
Drinking too much Starbucks.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm with Chemda. That episode of Friends is the best.
Old 10-24-2014, 02:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

That music choice this week was dope Danny. I went and looked them up and I actually like their other material too.

The book choice was also a genius. I note that David Benioff wrote the 25th Hour which I loved - both the book and the film.

This is an aside but I saw a doco-drama last week called 37 Days which basically charts the July Crisis that lead to the outbreak of WW1. It focused on the British Foreign Secretary Sir Edward Grey who nearly destroyed himself emotionally, trying to negotiate a peace deal between the European powers to avert war.

Ian McDiarmid (The Emperor from Star Wars) played Edward Grey and it was a bloody brilliant performance.

Anyway...this is what happens when I listen to Danny's show now.

I start thinking.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 10-24-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Get a few hand towels buddy.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Question don't want it kill it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
...Also, what's worse than having an abortion?
Bringing a child that you don't want and aren't equipped to care for into the world. ...
Why is adoption never mentioned as an option? The child lives and gets a home with parents that want them, seems like a huge win/win to me. It seems that the pro-choicers avoid this discussion at every turn and the pro-lifers are no better.

Edit: I realize Scumhook that you were not making a serious statement but I want to ask the question.

Last edited by Scorpion; 10-26-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #8 (permalink)

win/win? carrying a child to term isn't a cakewalk. it's a sacrifice: financially, emotionally, and physically. having a child grow inside you you don't want can be tortuous. it's an invader. a parasite. there are many that resent being forced to serve as in incubator like it's nothing.
flerchin and Scumhook like this.
Old 10-26-2014, 09:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
win/win? carrying a child to term isn't a cakewalk. it's a sacrifice: financially, emotionally, and physically. having a child grow inside you you don't want can be tortuous. it's an invader. a parasite. there are many that resent being forced to serve as in incubator like it's nothing.
I'm sorry did you miss the class for adults called consequences and taking responsibility for ones own actions? Having an abortion because it is uncomfortable or inconvenient doesn't seem justification to me. I'm assuming we aren't talking about Catholics who aren't allowed to use birth control or for that matter have abortions.

Have sex all you want but use birth control or deal with the fact that you may get pregnant with a local human parasite. Too many take sex too casually and by that I mean how serious the consequence is if not using birth control, not how many partners you want.

Financially? You know very little to nothing about adoption, most women who agree to adoption during pregnancy can get many if not all of their cost paid for including rent, car payments and utilities not to mention medical. With most of the risk on the adopting parents. Should I even bring up Obama care, everyone should have access to insurance now.

And don't even start on rape incest or possible health issues to the mother, you will just sound silly. I never said I was anti abortion.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:02 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I'm sorry did you miss the class for adults called consequences and taking responsibility for ones own actions? Having an abortion because it is uncomfortable or inconvenient doesn't seem justification to me. I'm assuming we aren't talking about Catholics who aren't allowed to use birth control or for that matter have abortions.

Have sex all you want but use birth control or deal with the fact that you may get pregnant with a local human parasite. Too many take sex too casually and by that I mean how serious the consequence is if not using birth control, not how many partners you want.

And don't even start on rape incest or possible health issues to the mother, you will just sound silly. I never said I was anti abortion.
really? 'cause you sound it. abortion is a reality. it has /always/ been a reality. it should be safe. it should be legal. it should be accessible.

why is giving birth the only way of taking responsibility? why is having an abortion my taking sex too casually? birth control fails.

don't even start? ok, asshole. you can take a running fucking leap into my fist.