Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums That's the Show with Danny

Like Tree8Likes

Old 10-26-2014, 10:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I'm sorry did you miss the class for adults called consequences and taking responsibility for ones own actions? Having an abortion because it is uncomfortable or inconvenient doesn't seem justification to me. I'm assuming we aren't talking about Catholics who aren't allowed to use birth control or for that matter have abortions.

Have sex all you want but use birth control or deal with the fact that you may get pregnant with a local human parasite. Too many take sex too casually and by that I mean how serious the consequence is if not using birth control, not how many partners you want.

Financially? You know very little to nothing about adoption, most women who agree to adoption during pregnancy can get many if not all of their cost paid for including rent, car payments and utilities not to mention medical. With most of the risk on the adopting parents. Should I even bring up Obama care, everyone should have access to insurance now.

And don't even start on rape incest or possible health issues to the mother, you will just sound silly. I never said I was anti abortion.
Yea.. you're quite the jackass aren't you
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Birth control is 99.99% effective, it fails most of the time because it wasn't used and someone needs a scape goat.

"Asshole"? nice. Go back and look at my first post. I'll save you the time, it asks the question about why adoption is not discussed as an option by pro-choice or pro-life. But you have to defend pro-choice without discussing adoption as a viable, respectable and responsible way to deal with an unwanted pregnancy. I think adoption is way more responsible then abortion, most women don't even look in to it and make an uninformed choice, the easier choice to abort. I think there should be more discussion of adoption and that way more information will be available to women so they don't have to deal with an unwanted pregnancy (something very difficult emotionally) and work at finding out what solution is best.
When did I say it was the only responsible way of dealing with an unwanted pregnancy? I thin it is the most responsible way, I never said the only. Your nee jerk reaction that anyone who talks about not having an abortion as pro-life is symptomatic of the entire pro-choice movement which goes back to my original post. Why isn't adoption talked more about? I'm starting to think it doesn't fit nicely in to either pro-life or the pro-choice box and so they wont talk about it.

There are waiting lines of potential parents waiting for a child to adopt and yet abortion rates continue to increase, I think more information could reverse that and I'll go out on a limb and say that would be a good thing.

PS careful about pushing "safe abortions" state after state have made abortions harder to get or impossible to get based on making them "safe". I new dialog needs to be started to counter that nonsense.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:24 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
the easier choice to abort.

There are waiting lines of potential parents waiting for a child to adopt and yet abortion rates continue to increase, I think more information could reverse that and I'll go out on a limb and say that would be a good thing.

PS careful about pushing "safe abortions" state after state have made abortions harder to get or impossible to get based on making them "safe". I new dialog needs to be started to counter that nonsense.
the easier choice? you don't know shit about that, bro.

i am not obligated to give anyone children.

safe is not being forced into back alleyways anymore.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
the easier choice? you don't know shit about that, bro.

i am not obligated to give anyone children.

safe is not being forced into back alleyways anymore.
What the hell, stop reading into what I write.
I never said anything about forcing women to be incubators or for you to have a child. Quite making this about abortion. Why is adoption not discussed? Clearly you are an example, why wont you discuss it as an option?

and yes easier. Having an abortion is easier then caring a child to term and giving it away. I didn't say easy. Please think about what is written and stop reacting like I said abortions should be illegal.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Having an abortion is easier then caring a child to term and giving it away.
again, you don't know shit about that, bro. that's a pretty brave assumption to make.

can't say "why not adoption" without discussing abortion in depth. why not adoption? because abortion. because some people don't want to carry a child to term. because conversations end with agreement. i'm not here to talk about how fucking great adoption is above all other options. i don't feel that way. fewer children in the system is a good thing. there's no shortage of adoptable kids. they aren't scarce. and even if they were, i'm not obligated to give anyone children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 10-26-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2014, 11:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

I think you're mad at me for trying to push some pro-life agenda and I want to retract all discussion about abortion and really talk about adoption and why it is a strong talking point. Why "family services" doesn't go into more detail about the process and why public education on adoption is so ignored.

For the record: I'm pro-choice, I referenced rape, incest and the woman's health as silly because if the only arguments are extreme then no discussion is being had at all. I was not calling rape, incest or woman's health silly or that an abortion is not warranted in those circumstances, a woman should have a choice and a medical choice. Again going out on a limb and saying coat hangers do not constitute a medical choice. I feel more women would choose adoption over abortion given full information, maybe I'm wrong but the fact that I know multiple women who have had abortions who also know nothing about the adoption process I feel I may have a strong point. I'm also not trying to retroactively discuss any woman's choice to have an abortion. I'll state here and now that an abortion is a choice under any situation.

Now does anyone want to talk about the subject of adoption. I have an adopted son and while I may not be THE expert on adoption I would like to discuss it and specifically why the process of adoption is not as well understood (as I feel strongly that it should be).
Old 10-26-2014, 11:06 AM   #17 (permalink)

and i got real turned off when you passed judgment on women who have them. make your case for adoption without condemning women who choose not to supply the market.
The Girl likes this.
Old 10-26-2014, 03:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I think you're mad at me for trying to push some pro-life agenda and I want to retract all discussion about abortion and really talk about adoption and why it is a strong talking point. Why "family services" doesn't go into more detail about the process and why public education on adoption is so ignored.

For the record: I'm pro-choice, I referenced rape, incest and the woman's health as silly because if the only arguments are extreme then no discussion is being had at all. I was not calling rape, incest or woman's health silly or that an abortion is not warranted in those circumstances, a woman should have a choice and a medical choice. Again going out on a limb and saying coat hangers do not constitute a medical choice. I feel more women would choose adoption over abortion given full information, maybe I'm wrong but the fact that I know multiple women who have had abortions who also know nothing about the adoption process I feel I may have a strong point. I'm also not trying to retroactively discuss any woman's choice to have an abortion. I'll state here and now that an abortion is a choice under any situation.

Now does anyone want to talk about the subject of adoption. I have an adopted son and while I may not be THE expert on adoption I would like to discuss it and specifically why the process of adoption is not as well understood (as I feel strongly that it should be).
You were adopted, weren't you.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
You were adopted, weren't you.
Pity his mum didn't opt for an abortion.
Sorin Markov likes this.
Old 10-26-2014, 04:58 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Edit: I realize Scumhook that you were not making a serious statement but I want to ask the question.
That statement was the bit I was serious about.

Well, that and the Starbucks bit.