Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums The Brother Love Owwwr!

The Brother Love Owwwr! Brolo's show

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael's Servant

Old 09-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

74: Welcome to the Family

Brolo's in an old indie film, guys are catty bitches, and Santa is a genius!

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Dutton Films

Welcome to the Family: A Mob Film
IMDB page
Full movie on YouTube

Question:
Hey Brolo!
I've been dating my boyfriend for a little over 6 months now, and still my family hasn't warmed up to him. They think he doesn't treat me well, even though they don't see all the little personal things he does for me. They're not outwardly hostile to him (at least in his presence), I just get a lot of comments and serious conversations when he's not around. To be clear, their concerns are not for my safety or anything of that nature (in which case I do support family intervention), it's just a general reaction to our relationship.
I can't talk to him about this, because he'll be hurt, and to be honest it's a very lonely feeling. But I think this is a universal problem! What do you do when the people close to you don't support your relationship? Should I trust their insight? Or should I just say "fuck it" and have faith in my adult decision to be with this person?
Thanks for your help! Peace, love and KATG!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2-4.jpg (146.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg photo-15.jpg (183.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg photo 3-3.jpg (251.6 KB, 0 views)
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by Marisela; 09-12-2014 at 01:17 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

To the girl who wrote in.

Take a minute to withdrawal from the situation and step outside of yourself to look at the situation. Do you see what your family sees ? If this was happening to your sister would it be ok ?
Take some time to assess the validity of their concerns instead of immediately dismissing/accepting them.

Without knowing the specifics it's hard to give you a definite answer.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Once again, BroLo comes through with the solid advice. I agree, (with his assessment of the gal whose family bad mouths her partner) and think every family is prone towards not liking the 'new addition' so to speak.

I mean, what father doesn't immediately hate their daughter's boyfriend? I have a 12 yr old daughter. Guess what? I already have discussions with other fathers about killing, (and/ or slightly maiming future suitors). She's 12. Never even had a boyfriend yet. It's ridiculous!

On the other hand, she might be divulging too much info to her family. Is she doing stuff like announcing, "OMG! I came home the other day and Ralph, (the dudes name is Ralph in this scenario) Ralph got really stoned, ate all the macaroni, and passed out in his underwear in front of the tv. He was so cute just laying there; I just had to blow him. It's like I totally forgave him for being unemployed!"

Every man trying to get a lady should be putting equal work towards said lady and said lady's family. If they are unresponsive; fuck 'em. However, it's a bit odd this guy hasn't picked up on the family's vibe yet.

Anyways.

I flipped through Welcome to the Family wondering if I could recognize BroLo's younger self. The answer was a younger, short haired, Italian-looking Brother Love! I especially liked the fat dude who would cram entire food items into his pie hole. Pretty funny stuff.

This Lorelei video sounds like it's going to be amazing! I like that the band went the artistic route on music video and is capturing the narrative of the song. Also, even dead, the actress playing Lorelei looks pretty damn hot. There's also a cameo by Santa? The Old Man himself??? I'm in!