Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Myka Fox & Friends

Myka Fox & Friends Myka's show

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Michael's Servant
  • 1 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 1 Post By tempfoot
  • 3 Post By Lanfear
  • 1 Post By Enunciated Piffle
  • 2 Post By Bucho

Old 12-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

26: MF&F Redux

Myka Fox hosts Alexis Guerreros to discuss conflict diamonds, gift giving, and white privilege.

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

Enunciated Piffle likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I want to marry the politics of this episode. A++
Bucho likes this.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #3 (permalink)

Holy crap this show was great. Possibly the best MF&F so far. Alexis is so funny and Chemda losing her shit constantly in the background had me doing the same.

Myka's show works because she is opinionated and smart. She also has a hilarious perspective on her life and situation, and like old-school KATG, isn't afraid to share when things don't go quite right. Listening to this episode was like watching a great stand-up's brain work as she ties together a hilarious cause and effect circle.

Hell yes, VIP.
Bucho likes this.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Myka's understanding of engagement rings seems to be clouded by some kind of personal bitterness. An engagement ring simply shows an intention to be married, no matter which person gave or received it. 99.99% of engaged couples in the world probably already had an agreement of monogamy well before the engagement ring step of the relationship. If not then they're probably whores who deserve each other.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I will never understand the craziness around engagement rings in the US. 2 or 3 months salary???? WTF how don't girls go crazy with worry about loosing these all the time or having their fingers chopped off in robberies?
Old 01-02-2014, 07:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
I will never understand the craziness around engagement rings in the US. 2 or 3 months salary???? WTF how don't girls go crazy with worry about loosing these all the time or having their fingers chopped off in robberies?
The trick is to get a divorce from the ring before you lose the ring. Then take the proceeds from the divorce and buy, (you guessed it) MORE rings!
Bucho likes this.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarveillance View Post
...no matter which person gave or received it. 99.99% of engaged couples in the world probably already had an agreement of monogamy well before the engagement ring step of the relationship. If not then they're probably whores who deserve each other.
The idea that a man buys a ridiculously expensive piece of jewelry for a woman as a 'step' in some kind of relationship process is entirely natural and not at all sexist or part of a controlling social construct.

Yay whores!
Old 01-03-2014, 03:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There's nothing* that makes me lose more respect for a grown woman than seeing her go childishly bonkers over a sparkly piece of carbon. I'll spend all the money I have to buy my wife something of value, but the worship of diamonds is so hollow and so literally retarded it hurts my soul to see.

Of all the things I'm thankful for about [Borat]MAH HA-WIIIIIFE[/Borat] her rational level of materialism and resistance to horseshit marketing campaigns, like the one which falsely elevates the value of diamonds, ranks way up there on the reasons I love her.

And the magnificent rant at the beginning of this episode is just one more reason to love Myka [Keith]FOX![/Keith].

* And I mean nothing. Not even murder. Or being a Sarah Palin fan.