Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Myka Fox & Friends

Myka Fox & Friends Myka's show

Like Tree11Likes

Old 02-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Myka, if you ever write a memoir about your childhood I promise I will buy it. Holy shit all kinds of illegal for your mom to do therapy without a license.
I thought Myka meant her mom just lied about it to her kids, but that she never actually practiced therapy. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was even more shady than I originally thought...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
Myka, if you ever write a memoir about your childhood I promise I will buy it. Holy shit all kinds of illegal for your mom to do therapy without a license.
Memoir to come when I've gained enough perspective.

I know she didn't practice therapy per se, but she did say she worked as a social worker at an orphanage. Yes, I know you need a special masters degree to be a licensed social worker. Unfortunately, even with other people filling in details, I may never know her truth.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #13 (permalink)

From U.S. Copyright Office - What Does Copyright Protect? (FAQ)

What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "What Works Are Protected."
Old 02-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Myka, where are we supposed to put the best and worst stuff of our week you keep asking for? You got a separate thread?

Also: more mom stories would be great (for us). Give her a call on the show! You could make that your worst moment in advance!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This entire ep was fantastico but Chemda was especially fantastico. She may have zero spare time as it is but it's literally a travesty that she doesn't have two other podcasts - one where she mediates disputes (Judge John Hodgeman done The Girl-style) and a call-in advice show (Loveline done The Girl-style).