Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Flavor of the Month

Flavor of the Month Various guest hosts

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By thirteen
  • 1 Post By DJ Trashy
  • 1 Post By iamgrilledcheese
  • 1 Post By DJ Trashy
  • 1 Post By iamgrilledcheese
  • 2 Post By FreydNot
  • 1 Post By PippaMags

Old 09-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

69: Shit My Father-In-Law Says Episode 1

Despite splitting with her husband, Hennessy, Chemda kept in touch with her (ex) in-laws. She calls her (ex) father-in-law Ron Winckler every week and records it for this series. On paper, Ron and Chemda don't seem like they would get along. He is a gun-toting Republican minister born in Kentucky, and she is a liberal pothead atheist born in Israel.

Every week, Chemda talks to Ron about things like why he married and divorced his wife three times, his hippy days, his parents' relationship, and anything that is normally taboo.

In this episode, Chemda gets her (ex) father-in-law's opinion about doing acid as a way to get through her heartbreaking split from his son.

Guests:
Chemda

Ron Winckler

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

That motherfucker Tom does love to run!!!

But Patricia Arquette? Seriously, dude. Uh, her name was Rebecca De Mornay, you pervert.

Who were the 2 hot women in the elevator with Keanu Reeves in The Devil's Advocate? Was it Patricia Arquette and Patricia Arquette? Aye carumba.

Seriously though, I dug this show a lot! My hang up with the psychedelics is how long they last. I thought The Godfather was way too long!

And I know people who have acid flashbacks. That's no fuckin good. If I had a drunk flashback, where out of the blue I was drunk, I would have quit a looooong time ago.

I guess look at who you know that takes them, and then find out if they HAPPEN to have anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, wall licking tendencies...

BUT, while acid did make Pops suicidal, he found Jesus Christ on acid! That's not something you skip when giving advice!

"It could kill you or even worse. OR: You can find God and the meaning of Life. Good luck."
PippaMags likes this.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Keep them coming!
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 09-28-2018, 11:59 AM   #4 (permalink)

TIL - there is actually a correlation between how much Tom Cruise runs in a movie and the movie's rating and revenue!

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...unning-ratings
Keith likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Chemda's generation and my generation are a few decades apart but I know folks his age that say the same thing about us 20-somethings.

"Participation trophies" complaints
"They never taught you history" complaints but I'm sure his generation wasn't taught about the forced sterilizations our country performed on minorites, disabled, and people considered mentally disabled throughout the first world war up until the 80s.

My dad says these things to me too and I don't honestly know how to talk to him anymore so I rarely call him but here's Chemda happy to talk to someone saying these things.

I'm enjoying this episode but I don't think I have the patience Chemda has.
Keith likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

I feel like Chemda was talking about shotgun pellets w/ her spray comment. Wasn't that on a recent show?

Having said that, I'm not sure how much of this series I can take. Having grown up around rednecks my whole life, I had to bail out when Ron starts mansplaining why a rifle is called a rifle. Maybe when I catch up on the rest of my episode backlog, but yeesh....
iamgrilledcheese likes this.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

Hey Chemda - you absolutely CAN test your LSD and you definitely should if you choose to take it.

https://bit.ly/2xY7St3
The Girl likes this.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Ron's voice, speech patterns and his slight Libertarian lean remind me of a weird cross between Tommy Chong and Penn Jillette. Anyone else?
Keith and DJ Trashy like this.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I like his description of our minds as caves. And his genuine care about Chemda’s well being was really nice.

PS, night of the Living Dead scared me as a kid so much!
Keith likes this.