Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Russell Brand
Yes 40 17.47%
No 189 82.53%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #21 (permalink)

If you had to read Camus's "The Stranger" in high school you probably had a little existentialism lesson in English class, but frankly it's easy to forget. Camus didn't consider himself existentialist, but others do, blah blah blah. That's getting too much into nerd territory, I'm sorry. The book was fucking weird and I didn't like it. But it's French, so what do you expect?

The funny thing is, Camus thought of himself as a nihilist, which is also the philosophy of the characters of Fight Club.

In college for one of my senior sociology classes I applied the social theories we learned to the show Seinfeld. Got an A on the paper and in the class.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 07-17-2009 at 09:49 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Software

On the mac side during our shows, we use Garage Band, we cannot use audacity it just wont run on Leopard. (or it wouldn't in the past)

On windows we record and edit with Adobe SoundBooth. Works pretty smoothly auctually, we usually have alot of cleaning to do, so we use SoundBooth and iZotope RX.

One of my favorite shows this one! Chemda made me laugh really hard, her flipping out in UPS was fantastic.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #23 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Buck up ... chip in another dollar everybody and let's put $5000.00 to bed.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

Keith and Chemda seem to easily agree that the particular stand-up program, excuse me, programme, they cited was unwatchable. Being of the 'this is the grossest thing I've ever eaten, try some' camp I can't help but want to check it out. Which one?

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCTim View Post
"Try it with peaches then, you bitch!"

Lmao, had to replay that one a few times.
I lost my shit too. Easily the greatest phrase I've heard uttered in a long time.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #25 (permalink)

It was cool to hear Chemda rant about UPS again. She's always hilarious when she's pissed at something and nobody seems to be quite as apt to do so as mail people.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:08 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
If you had to read Camus's "The Stranger" in high school you probably had a little existentialism lesson in English class, but frankly it's easy to forget. Camus didn't consider himself existentialist, but others do, blah blah blah. That's getting too much into nerd territory, I'm sorry. The book was fucking weird and I didn't like it. But it's French, so what do you expect?

The funny thing is, Camus thought of himself as a nihilist, which is also the philosophy of the characters of Fight Club.

In college for one of my senior sociology classes I applied the social theories we learned to the show Seinfeld. Got an A on the paper and in the class.
I liked The Stranger--if you really want a fucking wierd/stupid book commonly used in high school, look up The Metamorphesis by Franz Kafka.

Here's how it goes: Guy wakes up and finds out he's turned into a giant cockroach. His family hates him and eventually kills him. The end.

As for Fight Club--I'm not sure if it works for Fight Club as well, since it felt more oddly hopeful, but the rest of Chuck's work? Yeah, pretty nihilist.

Anyway--only 20 minutes into the show so far. Patrice's line about "negro plentiful" is probably the greatest phrase in the history of man. That shit so needs to go on urban dictionary.

Also--after you guys do the relationship book, you should to Harry Potter and the Painful Erection, and then Harry Potter and the Port Authority Bathroom.

Last edited by DarkKnightJared; 07-17-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I always thought that The Plague was his best stuff.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I always thought that The Plague was his best stuff.
I had to read 'The Rebel' in university. It was quite good, though the sort of stuff that appreciates in the brain as you grow old and die.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Russell Brand is for teenagers.
So Russell Brand is the Dane Cook of Great Britain, got it.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Audacity crashed on the Mac - again - and I had to use the Microsoft backup. I learned GarageBand right after so that shouldn't happen again.

I figured I'd wait till we're over 1,000 shows before I found a stable recording device.

I blame Tim.
Thank you for caring about your sound.

I have downloaded a couple other podcasts, because I listen at work and need 8+ hours of entertainment per day, and as soon as I turn up my volume because they wont lean into their mics, they start screaming. Regardless of what they have to say, I haven't found much else that doesn't make my ears bleed.