Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you stolen any equiptment from the doctor's office?
Yes 46 21.80%
No 165 78.20%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2009, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperPilot View Post
bla bla marketing catchphrases bla bla.
You make a compelling case. Hard to imagine why no one wants to listen to your sage douchery laden advice.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
In the US we have the best health care in the WORLD!!
You believe that? I declare you Idiot.

Good grief, mainstream America's ridiculous belief in it's superior healthcare is what perpetuates a system that rapes your wallet for hundreds of dollars just to clean your fucking ears out!

Little wonder people are reluctant to go to the Doctor, and little wonder serious illness is often caught far too late for treatment.

Claims of private sector research benefits are bogus. Some 80% of your medical investment is actually goverment funded. Your tax dollars are funding the very shit you're paying through the nose for!

Please, join the rest of the civilised world. America invented cool! Is a flippin tragedy to see you treat yourselves so badly.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
You make a compelling case. Hard to imagine why no one wants to listen to your sage douchery laden advice.
It really is okay if you don't want to listen (nor if you want to learn to spell debauchery laden advice) . I personally have no problem with you. I'm here to simply help people understand what can be done to help themselves as well as to encourage others to take action to improve their situations. After all, we are all eventually responsible for ourselves, or families, and our employees!

It is 7:30 PM EDT in the US and I'm now off the clock (and two martinis into the evening, so I'm absolutely done toying with this Canadian CooKoo). So post your icy ignorance in triplicate...I am busy trying to figure out how to give money to KATG for their good work. I'll deal with your idiocy sometime later.

PP
Old 07-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #24 (permalink)

Last edited by PiperPilot; 07-24-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
(nor if you want to learn to spell debauchery laden advice) .
For someone with such a hard on for English you seem to lack basic comprehension.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
.I am busy trying to figure out how to give money to KATG for their good work.
ohhhhh - did you figure it out?!?!? Please, please, please make sure you tell the rest of us how to do it. i don't imagine we'll be able to manage without your superior intellect guiding us.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Interesting you should say such a thing (before attempting to throw insults you might want to learn how to spell curmudgeon).

In the US we have the best health care in the WORLD!! We got here because people took the responsibility and initiative to invest in themselves, their families, and their employees through the free-market systems. I actually pay for my health care (and the health care of my employees). Amazing for a 40 year-old curmudgeon, eh.

Contrary to what the media states, there is help for those who are uninsured in the U.S. I admittedly get tired of hearing people complain about issues that can be addressed with a little bit of effort and certainly have little patience for anyone who depends upon others to support them.

So my Canadian neighbor...sit back and watch your Star Trek reruns. And, when you get sick...stay North of our border.

PP
Dearest Wilford Brimley,

Before you go selling the the Canadians tales about their sub par health system know that we are for certain not hitting it out of the park in any way in this department. We are entirely to High on the list as a country as far as Infant Mortality and Life Expectancy for a land where you aren't offered up for marriage to your first cousin in exchange for Yak Milk.

While there is help for the uninsured the notion that you are automatically expected to be able to navigate those channels has proven to be the problem. A lot of these programs are poorly advertised or aimed at low income/jobless people, when in fact many of the uninsured/under insured people I know have some sort of steady employment. Not to mention the almost Puppy Mill way some (not all, but many) of these programs are run once you manage to get signed up. No one should be meant to feel as if they are panhandling in an effort to receive basic care.

I'm fortunate enough to be grandfathered on a Union Health Plan where I don't doubt I could request gills and get them with a 2 dollar co-pay and a smile. I am the exception not the rule in this country without some sort of astronomical monthly premium.

Let the self righteous American thing go...as well as the idea that you somehow win for "earning" the right to not have your life expectancy shortened by some easily treatable what not.

hearts,

patrice

Also make sure you have less of a superior attitude w/your poor speller of a son. You need him to keep your premiums updated so he can put you in the good nursing home when you get older and not the goverment run one.

Twitters

"Be gone, back to the cave from which you came." -Abs

"No, you can't go. He's a pederast."- Nick Postagulous
Old 07-25-2009, 01:43 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Posting on the forums seems similar to shouting down an empty hole (or speaking with my 17 year old)...lots of energy expended with no effort to listen or understand on the part of the intended recipient.

1) Physicians, hospitals, etc., charge MORE to insured clients...NOT LESS. TELL THEM you don't have insurance and you'll more than likely get a significant break!!!!
Do you have a cite for this information, or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

Congressional probe looks at hospital bills for uninsured

Hospitals sock uninsured with much bigger bills
Old 07-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

Oh CRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by finger stutters View Post
Do you have a cite for this information, or are you just pulling it out of your ass?

Congressional probe looks at hospital bills for uninsured

Hospitals sock uninsured with much bigger bills
Pulling it out of my arse...eh?? First...My apologies. I LOVE Canadians (had biblical knowledge of a fine figured Northern girl in college that still makes me blush these few decades later. All I can say is, WOW!

Second, I wish to formally renounce the the vodka and Crystal Light recipe Keith laid out for us...CRAP...when I drink Vodka in that amount I get mean!! Forget Tequila! VODKA turns me into a NUT! So sorry. Thank goodness Dina drinks beer!

And, for the record Pickard...I too like star trek. I'd boink those chicks anytime!!! You get sick I'll put you up South of the boarder at my own place...deal?

Since I'm here I might as well tell the whole tale. 1.225 Sheets to the wind and give 45.72 babillion dookies about this story!

My best friend, 38 yrs old, is dying of cancer. A real heck of a deal. No health insurance, no life insurance, his wife has no job. They will file bankruptcy. When he is dead (which he will be soon) she will either have to a) marry someone or, b) live destitute. Not a good scenario. The real bummer is that he would have had health care if he would have worked the system to get it. Keith and Chemda...you can get it in NY too...but it will cost about 700 per month. Make it a priority please.

My immediate family is faced with a similar sickness (my son has a bad tumor). Over the past 20 years I've paid $180,000+ into the system...this one surgery will hit is for $500k. Thank the good Lord I've got the coverage...but even with health care there are no promises for him. We shall see. At least I won't loose everything.

I apologize for being a jerk (NO MORE VODKA FOR ME FOR SURE...it just makes me mean-spirited). I get so very frustrated to see people who have access to care pass it by thinking they don't need it when they really, really do. This is not an issue that faces all of us; regardless of where we live. Hopefully you will do the responsible thing and seek help. And, if you are in the US, I can help you find coverage. Just e-mail me your state of residence and I'll send information over (no charge...it is my pleasure).

PP
Old 07-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Keith and Chemda...you can get it in NY too...but it will cost about 700 per month. Make it a priority please.
This is against everything you've been saying.

$700 a month isn't free or close to free.

And you're less condescending drunk. And more forthright.
(Online)   Reply With Quote