Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does Nick Cannon have a right to be in the Shuck & Jive video?
Yes; he's been a positive example of having pride and integrity. 19 13.48%
No; he's one of the biggest sell-outs there are. 122 86.52%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How could anyone be bothered by Rev Jen's lovely drawl is beyond me. Then again, i find more and more people who say that Hadar was hilarious, so what do i know.

I would love to find Rev Jen's audiobooks, does anyone know if they're available somewhere?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
How could anyone be bothered by Rev Jen's lovely drawl is beyond me. Then again, i find more and more people who say that Hadar was hilarious, so what do i know.

I would love to find Rev Jen's audiobooks, does anyone know if they're available somewhere?
I hate it because I don't believe it. It sounds like some fake affectation she puts on for reasons I don't understand. Faceboy also, to a lesser degree. If Carol Channing were a dwarf meth addict, she might sound as annoying as Rev Jen.

I noticed that Faceboy's voice lost some of that weird quality when he was talking about personal stuff. (which was compelling btw, even though he thought we wouldn't want to hear it).
Old 08-10-2009, 11:42 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStagehand View Post
I hate it because I don't believe it. It sounds like some fake affectation she puts on for reasons I don't understand. Faceboy also, to a lesser degree. If Carol Channing were a dwarf meth addict, she might sound as annoying as Rev Jen.
I get your point, but both her and Faceboy are artists from the Big City. Metropolitan artists have always some sort of persona, attitude and voice that they build when they start their un-ordinary life and then becomes real and something they use day to day.

There are some guests that have a different tone in their first episodes and change when they get into the easy going attitude of the KATG show (Think of old Micah and late Micah), but Rev jen and Faceboy sounded that way even in the old projects i saw the in.

Oh whatever, i'm just yapping to get my mind off stuff. Sorry.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

So do you think the things she says are funny too?
Old 08-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by better dylan View Post
So do you think the things she says are funny too?
Yep.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #46 (permalink)

The Poll should be who is the least f*cked up between the four of them; Keith, Chemda, Faceboy or Rev Jen.

I vote Rev Jen, she at least seems aware of her crazy.
Old 08-10-2009, 01:32 PM   #47 (permalink)

There is a 12 step program Faceboy could go to. He said his mom was a drunk, and Ala-non is for friends and family members of alcoholics. There's also ACA for adult children of alcoholics, but they're a much smaller organization.

He doesn't seem too bothered by his mom's drunkeness, but here's the link just for fun. http://www.nycalanon.org/

I'm really glad Faceboy talked about his dad. I think one has to talk about this stuff in the same way one talks about any non-traumatic instances in life. The fact that we over-dramatize traumatic experiences makes them harder to articulate in my opinion.

My grandfather who raised me was a crazy, uncommunicative, antisocial, talented, violent genius. He died this year and I'm glad he's gone. But he taught me a lot and I'm grateful for that. The feelings I have and have had in the past about him are a jumble, but I was never confused about how he felt about me. Out of the 3 kids (my mom, my uncle and me) I got it the worst, but I only learned this a few years ago,when we all came together to put him in a nursing home. Until that point, I had been under the impression that we got the same treatment, but it seemed like his ability to control himself declined as he got older.

Personally, I think that the psychological shit he did was more fucked up than the physical abuse. No talking ever, no walking on the same path that he might walk on (this was a big one), no noise of any kind, no visible evidence of my existence in the house. I had to sit on the floor when we watched TV while the dogs and my grandparents got the couches. If I made a mistake, my grandmother wasn't allowed to tell me what I did wrong- instead I would get yelled at about how useless and stupid I was, then I got chased through the house, culminating in a punch in the head.

As for the watermelon song, I was taking it to mean all the branding that's going on in hip hop today. Just turn on the radio and it's like an infomercial. Nobody on the radio today can write a song without at least 1 instance of product placement, and most songs are just a string of expensive things they apparently own. We can't seem to get away from it. Just look at the Chris Brown song that he released and then was like "Guess what, that song's about my new sponsor, Doublemint fucking gum-eat dicks, bitches."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFranStagehand View Post
Rev Jen Junior hates dancing, hats, and sudden movements. But Rev Jen Junior is great at shows?!?! I think that makes Rev Jen Senior. an idiot.

It goes back to what Keith was saying about people and their dogs. I hate it when people bring their dogs everywhere and think it's cute. Maybe Keith called her on it, I dunno. I had to stop listening, I can only take Rev Jen & Faceboy shows 10 minutes at a time. Their voices drive me nuts.
You're mean.

Last edited by marina; 08-10-2009 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep.
i do too. even if she doesn't mean them to be.
Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 PM   #49 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If ya'll like Rev Jen, definitly get her book. I read it in two days straight. Very funny and entertaining.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:54 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Yep.
then i can't really talk to you about it. we are on different levels.