Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Does Joe Rogan have a right to call out joke thieves?
Yes. All whistle-blowers are appreciated. 145 84.80%
No. You don't sell out the way he has and act holier than thou. 26 15.20%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree9Likes

Old 08-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #81 (permalink)

my original post referring to Myq and Rogan was really meant to be seen by Keith....i somewhat regret having posted it..although i still stand behind my thoughts behind it. I like another fan wanted to stress the point that after listening to all the shows and guests he was the only one i didn't like. I can def see how the confusion started since my post wasn't clearly thought out however. Afterwards Myq wanted to have a conversation about said post...umm no your not funny imo and i don't want to converse with you about it. In the end its up to the fans and ultimately up to KTG who the guests are...but come on ,,have you ever met a vegan who wasn't a hard on?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

oh and hold the phone!!! that chick is a model??...wow talk about dropping the bar
Old 08-12-2009, 10:02 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloneil View Post
oh and hold the phone!!! that chick is a model??...wow talk about dropping the bar
I thought it was his daughter....
Old 08-12-2009, 11:44 PM   #84 (permalink)

Does this make any sense at all?
my original post referring to Myq and Rogan was really meant to be seen by Keith....i somewhat regret having posted it..although i still stand behind my thoughts behind it. I like another fan wanted to stress the point that after listening to all the shows and guests he was the only one i didn't like. I can def see how the confusion started since my post wasn't clearly thought out however. Afterwards Myq wanted to have a conversation about said post...umm no your not funny imo and i don't want to converse with you about it. In the end its up to the fans and ultimately up to KTG who the guests are...but come on ,,have you ever met a vegan who wasn't a hard on?
Yes, I know many vegans that are not hard-ons. Like, for instance, all of them. Why don't you consider why people become vegans?
Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 AM   #85 (permalink)

I thought Keith and Chemda did a great job and Marc had some insightful views but, GEEZ what a pretentious douche-bag. I never skip shows and I almost turned this off because Marc was bugging me so badly. He couldn't be more full of himself if he ate his own clone.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
If the ends justify the means, then do you think the Dane Cook also did what he had to do to get where he wanted to be. Now that he is famous, he can do movies and pay someone to write jokes for him so he is not a sell out???
I never said the the ends justify the means. I said his was a means to an end. Dumbassery and theft are completely different.

Also (not in response to you) I really don't see how Rogan can be called a sell out for the UFC thing. That has nothing to do with comedy and Joe is a fighter. That's not selling out. that's having a job you love.

Last edited by better dylan; 08-13-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lura View Post
I thought Keith and Chemda did a great job and Marc had some insightful views but, GEEZ what a pretentious douche-bag. I never skip shows and I almost turned this off because Marc was bugging me so badly. He couldn't be more full of himself if he ate his own clone.
I disagreed with him on almost every single point he made(I am republican), I still think he is one of, if not the single best guest this show has ever seen. And I am a big fan of both Adam and Jesse Joyce.

It took me probably 30 minutes of listening, getting pissed off, being annoyed, before I realized it, I must admit. I had to cut through my own bias to see how much I was actually enjoying him.

But I did. And I would love him to return.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #88 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
I disagreed with him on almost every single point he made(I am republican), I still think he is one of, if not the single best guest this show has ever seen. And I am a big fan of both Adam and Jesse Joyce.
Sorry, Spooky, just to clarify: Maron's points were mostly about the current state of culture, comedy and television, what does your political orientation have to do with it? Maron is an open liberal, and i'm a pretty harsh conservative, but yet i mostly agreed with him and found his points very eloquent and well argumented (I'm also a big fan of his work, so maybe i'm biased).
Old 08-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #89 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post

It took me probably 30 minutes of listening, getting pissed off, being annoyed, before I realized it, I must admit. I had to cut through my own bias to see how much I was actually enjoying him.

But I did. And I would love him to return.
Man that's a recommendation if I ever read one . I hate everything he stands for & disagree with whatever he says but damn if I don't want to listen to him again. I would use that on my posters lol.

It reminds me of a story Marc one said about how a fellow comedian went to see his show in Montreal recently (don't ask who cuz I'm bad with names). after the show the comedian went up to him and basically said to him it took that show for him to realize that Marc really isn't an asshole. He just affects some people like that
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #90 (permalink)

This is the best show you've made in a while.

It was refreshing to hear a new guest. Comics are great, but the same very-young comics over and over can get tired. This guy was a great guest and really brought out your ability to do a great interview and lead an interesting discussion.