Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will you buy Sarah Palin's book?
Yes 6 2.80%
No 208 97.20%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I dont even get why anybody would buy a book written BY a politician. I understand buying "twilight". As poorly written as it might be, it's still entertaining. And if you want information, or social stuff you have thousands of impartial writers who talk about politics.

But why would anyone want to spend money to buy a bunch of pages of "i'm such a nice person" written over and over.

At London's Waterston main shop, the politics section had a good couple of shelves of books made up with interviews, speeches and analysis about Obama. there were at least 20 of them.

I get it. He's cool, he's the president, he's an iconic figure. But why pay 20 bucks of large printed stuff that you can easily read on the web?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
According to Lawrence Gardner, the most renowned historian of the masonic movement and his book "Shadow of solomon", the mason had absolutely nothing to do with religion, occultism or most of the cult-ish aspects that are attributed to them. They were born and mainly develop as a group of intellectuals who used rituals as a form of identification.
I would have agreed with you... until an old girlfriend's father suggested (when I was dating her and we were discussing getting married) that I become a Mason.

I was told then something along the lines of ... "Though religious in character, Masonry is not a religion, nor a substitute for one." which I looked up on the internet now because it is what he said basically.

He told me, however, that Masons are taught that no man should ever enter upon any great or important undertaking without first invoking the blessing of the Deity, because Masonry is a religious institution... or something like that.

Which makes me think it could be one

Last edited by whatotherway; 09-30-2009 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

You have to have a belief in a higher power to become a Mason. Christians, Jews, Muslims: OK. Atheists: Out.

Mostly they're just boys' clubs.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

I realize people have a lot of shroom stories. I live in florida now and people pick them out of cow patties.
I used to live in iceland with my Navy mom and my friends and I used to pick "Liberty Caps" out of the grass and eat them. I did it three times and patterns were the worst. It was like someone highlighted the patterns on the carpet or the screens at the bowling alley. I could also see every vein in my face and palms. It was picture day in 10th grade and the crimps in my friend's hair kept fucking with me and the freckles on her arms kept moving.
I went home and tried to sleep it off, worst idea ever.
Everything seemed totally cliche. I wasn't fucked up enough to try to fight a kid for telling me how he was checking out my girlfriend's ass in her running shorts. Closest I've ever gotten to knocking someone out.
I have no intentions of disuading other people, but my head wasn't right for the 2nd two times. wish I'd knew and tried the orange juice vitamin C thing.

Get a big slice of pizza, lift up the cheese and slide a few caps underneath and gobble. Start out small and go bigger if you think you can handle it.

Avoid putting them on balogna and cheese sammiches before school.

oh, and I shit black the next day. jurrah!

Last edited by as1eeponatrain; 09-30-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: context edit
Old 09-30-2009, 11:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Domino's doesn't really support the pro-life movement.
Snopes Article
Basically, the guy who used to own Domino's donated his own money to pro-life groups. He sold control of the company a while ago.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by faux pas View Post
Domino's doesn't really support the pro-life movement.
Snopes Article
Basically, the guy who used to own Domino's donated his own money to pro-life groups. He sold control of the company a while ago.
Word.
So from now on, just nobody order any pizzas from Ave Maria College.

(But if you have to, only cheeseless pizzas. Did you guys know that most pizza places contribute to anti-vegan causes?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
If, 2000 years from now, Scientology is gone as opposed to being an established religion, the human race will be better off. The same would have been true of judaism, christianity, the whole lot.

Religious persecution: It's just better for everybody.
Word.

What about Buddhists, though? I feel like the world is at least neutral if not better off because of them?

Quote:
For the record... Dark side of Oz is a myth.

Even the Floyd members said it's bullshit:

-Pink Floyd band members have repeatedly insisted that the reputed phenomenon is coincidence. In an interview for the 25th anniversary of the album, guitarist/vocalist David Gilmour denied that the album was intentionally written to be synchronized with Oz, saying "Some guy with too much time on his hands had this idea of combining Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon"- Quote from wiki
Word.

Though, Wikipedia also says that fans "have compiled more than one hundred moments of perceived interplay between the film and album, including further links that occur if the album is repeated through the entire film," regardless of the fact that the band hasn't intended anything like this necessarily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I spent way too much time in the bathroom because I thought I was in the hospital and I was trying to "play it cool". There was too much hospital staff and cops walking around and all I wanted to do was get back to my friends. Eventually I'd remember that I was in a bathroom, but I spent about an hour and fifteen minutes in the bathroom last time I did shrooms.
Word.

Though I think this speaks more to the fact that you should just remember whether you're in a hospital or not (which mushrooms shouldn't make you forget, most of the time, I'd say).

Also, did you guys know that if you synchronize eating mushrooms and Domino's pizza at the same time in a hospital bathroom, it will seem like Pink Floyd is persecuting Buddhists?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myq View Post

Word.

Though, Wikipedia also says that fans "have compiled more than one hundred moments of perceived interplay between the film and album, including further links that occur if the album is repeated through the entire film," regardless of the fact that the band hasn't intended anything like this necessarily.
Gotta say that during most of my mind-altering experiences i noticed that i made a lot more connections between many visual and music expressions that made no sense whatsoever after (i took notes during some of the stronger trips. Hard to do but interesting.).

I'm a big fan of 70's psychedelic music, retro rock and instrumental acid electronica (not coincidentally, because i got into the music while doing drugs), and the best of those groups used to do shows where they played jams while some cult movie played on a screen in the background.

Shrooms are an amazing drug to do if one has a fast and imaginative mind (like Myq has). The ideas that come off your head are incredible.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 10-01-2009 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Shrooms are an amazing drug to do if one has a fast and imaginative mind (like Myq has). The ideas that come off your head are incredible.
Thanks, and I agree...
Though some of the ideas are just to do more mushrooms in the future.
But those are indeed incredible ideas.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
You have to have a belief in a higher power to become a Mason. Christians, Jews, Muslims: OK. Atheists: Out.

Mostly they're just boys' clubs.

This is true, my father is a Mason, but lied about his belief in a higher power, he had some story about how he believed that "God" is a higher power that isn't so much an entity in itself, as it is a product of doing good...
I dunno, he's an atheist, but they bought it, and from my understanding
it's pretty much a frat for old guys
without the sex and booze
and with more of the community service and brotherhood
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Myq,

Does stuffed crust pizza give money to anti- gay think tanks, or does it give it to Anti-Alaksa Drilling and orphan charities?