Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Windows 7 shipped today.
Fantastic! Holy shit; incredible! 56 36.60%
Amazing! Fuckin' wow! 97 63.40%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Had two MRIs in high school. Fell asleep both times.
As to blowjobs while driving; My girlfriend blew me once while we were on the highway. I had such a hard time concentrating I almost crashed into the median barrier. Not worth it. Can't enjoy 'em when you're dead.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've had one MRI. I went in with the most relaxed attitude, hoping I could catch up on some sleep. It was one of the single most terrifying half an hour of my life. Noone told me that they made so much damn noise. You're trapped, and there's about 5cm above your face. I hated it. I'm going to need to get drunk if I ever have one again. I have no idea how anyone could sleep in that thing!

Oh, and turns out I didn't have brain worms.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm about 30 minutes in and this is like "Dear Intern, pt. 2" and i love it. Nothing personal, i just love people getting called out on the show.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

I've never had a problem driving while being blown. Except for the one time where she hit the shifter and put the car into neutral at 100km/h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
"Much hotter in real life than in pictures?" ha weird compliment, do I take that as I don't take good pictures?
Camera adds weight.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #15 (permalink)

19!? I thought she was like 14. That's not as hot.

I'm dedicating those pictures to Lambboy. He was my personal paparazzi, and I don't know what those celebs are complaining about. It was fantastic. I put one of those pics on the birthday card I sent my grandma.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

I wrote libsyn last night & full download is working now...clearly I fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
Camera adds weight.
True, obviously those 10 pounds made all the difference.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

I drove an ex to her MRI, on the way home she blew me on the highway. I fully support both MRIs and road head.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I got the full episode downloaded about 20 hours ago to another filthy foreign computer, Matt's call in all its glory as well as Newsy's story about finally getting to blow Intern Mike.

I think Spooky constantly feels the way that Keith temporarily feels at around the 3/4 mark into his standup, when he gets the feeling that it's all pointless what he's saying because everybody has fucked up families and job experiences and goat-marrying foreign cultures and he wonders why would anyone give a shit about what he's saying. Spooky has the same thing but he has it constantly; he thinks to himself, "people move to Australia all the time," and, "people get married all the time," so those aren't extraordinary things he feels like making a fuss about.

The heartbreaker is that when he goes and does something actually very exciting and out of the ordinary in the jungles of South East Asia he can't talk about it to his buddy Keith because Keith can't help himself from blabbing and if he does blab then the Viet Cong will wipe out Spooky's favourite tree frogs. Or something. It's quite the conundrum, kind of like how Batman can't tell chicks that he's Batman. Or something.

Also, fucking awesome that Keith is going to do Sacapuntas. Seriously. That really means something.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I got the full episode downloaded about 20 hours ago to another filthy foreign computer ...
I know how boring 'Me Too's are, but. Likewise. My software downloaded it twice (the second time it posted) and the file sizes were exactly the same and both complete. I don't know how libsyn knows we're 'commies' though. That seems to require explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
... I think Spooky ... wonders why would anyone give a shit about what he's saying ... "people move to Australia all the time," and, "people get married all the time," so those aren't extraordinary things he feels like making a fuss about.
Goddammit. Me Too again! But maybe a bit more than that - rummaging around in his brain a bit more (use your fingers, pull all those folds apart, don't be shy) might suggest he thinks that if he did mention what he thinks of as his personal stuff that he was in some way bragging about what is - after all - one of those everyday human, unremarkable, experiences. And he doesn't like to brag or draw attention to himself.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
Goddammit. Me Too again! But maybe a bit more than that - rummaging around in his brain a bit more (use your fingers, pull all those folds apart, don't be shy) might suggest he thinks that if he did mention what he thinks of as his personal stuff that he was in some way bragging about what is - after all - one of those everyday human, unremarkable, experiences. And he doesn't like to brag or draw attention to himself.
I think a lot of people who don't like Spooky would disagree vehemently with that last sentence but to me you're dead right (assuming you weren't being sarcastic). He has strengths (especially his mental and physical discipline) that are far in advance of the average person but his main shortcoming - his trouble with relating socially to a lot of people - means he has trouble understanding why other people don't have what it takes to simply apply themselves in the pursuit of knowledge or debating skills or cooking ability or a six-pack or whatever. Spooky talks about that stuff as if anybody can do it as easily as he can and he believes that but seems kind of flumoxed that they don't or can't just do it the same way.

Keith has similar characteristics, also being quite a bit smarter than the average bear/beer/bare, but his social ease and high self-confidence allow him to express his humility more directly, actually turning his own weaknesses (his poor navigational sense, speech patterns, silliness growing up etc) into fuel for his great strength, which is his ability to express things comedically. The huge difference between them seems to be that for Keith every little thing in life can be blown up into a rant-worthy to-do that can be used for comedy, while Spooky sees things that are really a pretty big personal deal for most people as things that can easily be /shrugged off.

But I also think a big part of Spooky being less communicative with Keith than he used to be could be that he feels, rightly or wrongly, as if Keith betrayed him to some extent and treated him unfairly in his stoush with Michael.

On another tack, I can't think why Chemda's joke about only being suitable for terrorist commercials didn't get more love on the show, I laughed my balls off at that idea. Also, I fucking love Ray, he's like the opposite of the comic cliche of personal angst, it's like he's the most easygoing cat in NYC and just happens to be a hilarious fuck by accident.