Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: The Hold Your Wii For a Wii Death Judgement
The family deserves the $16,500,000. 41 28.87%
They don't deserve that money. The mom is also to blame. 101 71.13%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #31 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0mbaer View Post
I don't really get how Chemda (and Keith it seems) is able to put a dollar value to a human life.
As if the value of a human life was defined by how much money you made, or would have made (and wouldn't that also mean that some lives are more valuable than others, which I don't think is true?). I don't think any price is high enough if you want to argue about the price of a human life.
I understand that the radio station (which is totally responsible for the woman's death in my opinion) can't pay the family an infinite amount of money but arguing that any amount, no matter how high, is too much, just seems very wrong to me.
If it's priceless, why would the family seek damages at all? There's no amount that can be enough, so they should just all gather around the coffin and shoot themselves.

The price isn't on the life itself anyway. Because of course that is worthless. It's on her value to the family. And in a monetary sense, that can be calculated. And as such, argued.

I suppose the family should seek damages in the amount of one mother/wife/salary. Force the wife of the radio station executive you are holding responsible to go raise the kids and pay them an allowance equal to whatever the woman was making when at the job she skipped out on to drink water and win a gaming system.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:21 PM   #32 (permalink)

TDW

i picked up the Dead Weather Cd after hearing the song at the end of the podcast. I'm really digging it!

I didn't realize that the singer was from the Kills. i saw the kills a while back in boulder, CO and apparently, Alison Mosshart collapsed on stage and they had to call off the rest of the show! i'm not sure what happened to her and i ......honestly don't remember it because i was way way drunk that night! lol

btw, this is my first post on this forum. Hi everybody :-)
Old 11-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #33 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCareBear View Post
i picked up the Dead Weather Cd after hearing the song at the end of the podcast. I'm really digging it!

I didn't realize that the singer was from the Kills. i saw the kills a while back in boulder, CO and apparently, Alison Mosshart collapsed on stage and they had to call off the rest of the show! i'm not sure what happened to her and i ......honestly don't remember it because i was way way drunk that night! lol

btw, this is my first post on this forum. Hi everybody :-)
Apparently she collapses onstage once in a while, for cold and fever caused weakness. She's a frail, chain smoking, sex pot... so...

Anyways: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK
YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
If it's priceless, why would the family seek damages at all? There's no amount that can be enough, so they should just all gather around the coffin and shoot themselves.

The price isn't on the life itself anyway. Because of course that is worthless. It's on her value to the family. And in a monetary sense, that can be calculated. And as such, argued.

I suppose the family should seek damages in the amount of one mother/wife/salary. Force the wife of the radio station executive you are holding responsible to go raise the kids and pay them an allowance equal to whatever the woman was making when at the job she skipped out on to drink water and win a gaming system.
I don't see why you shouldn't be compensated, even the compensation can never be enough. On the one hand it's a punishment for the radio station and on the other hand getting some money to make your life easier surely isn't the worst thing.

And of course they didn't phrase it as the price on her life but I still think the pain and grief the loss of woman has caused to her family is worth more than her salary. That probably can and should be argued but all I wanted to point out was that I was kind of shocked to find out how little a life seems to be "worth" to the majority of the community (unless they think it was the women's own (partial) fault, in which case the sum the family got definitely can be argued)