Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Michael Carrino a good father?
Yes 297 93.40%
No 21 6.60%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2009, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1088: Father of the Year

"In court they actually talked about Brumski."

Armchair Survivor with Marjorie and Michael Carrino

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Micheal Carrino is awesome and I'm voting yes on this poll. Armchair Kid Nation / Juvenile Brain Trust was heartwarming, however inapropriate the dialogue got.

Last edited by Jenna_f; 11-25-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

Still listening to the show but during the opening prayer I almost exploded with excitement when I heard Carrino's voice.

"Wait, I know that voice... is it? Could it be? OH MY GOOORD ITS MICHAEL CARRINO!"
Old 11-25-2009, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

WOW, just WOW.

Carino needs to be on more often. Much more often.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:50 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
The question was: Is he a GOOD father? I would have to say no. I'm sure he's not horrible, but I don't think he's what I would categorize as a good one.

It was annoying how he tried to make the entire thing into something about principals (wanting to let his kids know what these words mean because of whatever bullshit reason he was using) when he really wanted to just cause shock and giggles by recording himself teaching his kid the meaning of cunt, bitch, or whatever else. I mean, he did it for comedic value, and that's it.

I don't think his kids should've been taken away because he taught them curse words. Definitely not. But his justification for why he taught his kids curse words was just bullshit. I don't think he believed what he was saying. He taught his daughter what cunt means because he thought it was funny. That's fine. Not great, but not abuse in my opinion.

Plus he was hard to listen to. He went on wild tangents, and it frustrated the fuck out of me. Just answer the fucking question for fuck's sake! Keith and Chemda are on your side.
Not a good father? The man treats his children with respect and like actual human beings. Not like vegetative retards that need to be sheltered from a world where dark and depraved words like "cunt"(eeeh the horror) exist. His justifications aren't bullshit, he's being a parent. The responsibility of raising a child and helping to shape them into the adult they'll become (at age 25) is a serious thing. And if you listen to Armchair Kid Nation/ Juvenile Brain Trust, you'll see that its not something he takes lightly, he always backs up his lessons and makes sure that his kids understand everything involved... even if it gets confusing and leads to bitch/cunt math.

So in short, shut the fuck up!
Old 11-26-2009, 02:22 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The question was: Is he a GOOD father? I would have to say no. I'm sure he's not horrible, but I don't think he's what I would categorize as a good one.

It was annoying how he tried to make the entire thing into something about principals (wanting to let his kids know what these words mean because of whatever bullshit reason he was using) when he really wanted to just cause shock and giggles by recording himself teaching his kid the meaning of cunt, bitch, or whatever else. I mean, he did it for comedic value, and that's it.

I don't think his kids should've been taken away because he taught them curse words. Definitely not. But his justification for why he taught his kids curse words was just bullshit. I don't think he believed what he was saying. He taught his daughter what cunt means because he thought it was funny. That's fine. Not great, but not abuse in my opinion.

Plus he was hard to listen to. He went on wild tangents, and it frustrated the fuck out of me. Just answer the fucking question for fuck's sake! Keith and Chemda are on your side.
I think he's a great dad. 90% of parenting is just showing up. He actually cares enough about his kids to be a very active part of their lives. And based on what I've heard on his podcast and KATG, his kids are very well adjusted. Sounds like a great parent to me.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:25 AM   #7 (permalink)

Yes he is a good father, an amazing one:

1) he loves his children
2) he listens to them and talks to them like they're human beings and not idiots
3) he cares for them and fights for their happiness

Whoever judges him wrong is a fucking cunt and needs to die. You have no idea of what a bad father can really be.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
There. But if i misinterpreted you, i apologize.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #9 (permalink)

Oie - what precisely would you define as behavior a 'good' father has, as opposed to just an adequate one? His kids are interacting socially well with other kids according to what he says, respectful of adults, and seem well behaved. Not sure what more makes a good parent, unless one has the opinion a religious agenda is a required part of upbringing. In my case it made me resentful of organized religion and suspicious of people who use their religious beliefs as a foundation for their behavior.

Fan-goddam-TASTIC show. I also listen to Carrino's Survivor show, and had wondered exactly what had happened while they were 'off air'.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Great dad, but...

I think Carrino's an awesome dad, but I kind of wonder if he's setting his kids up for a fall just by setting them apart from the rest of their peers - kinda like how homeschool kids never manage to "fit in." Not only are these kids going to be "unique" in terms of their knowledge and social outlook, but you gotta bet on the parents of the kids' friends being pretty wary about the whole deal. That's gotta make the kids social lives a little awkward.

So, totally dig dad's outlook, but I wonder if these kids are going to be deprived of a "normal" social experience growing up. Am I way off or what?