Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Sarah Palin and her markered out hat
She meant nothing by it. She’s so dumb she thought she was making a whole new hat. 45 40.18%
She was giving a big middle finger to John McCain and/or his people. 67 59.82%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 06:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Call me crazy, but doesn't Chris Henry look like the Avatar guy? Just a little?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg henry.jpg (28.0 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg avatar1.jpg (35.4 KB, 90 views)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

The nose is pretty big, but...eh.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

agree, not excited about Avatar.

but

Inglorious Basterds is a good movie. You have a point that it was hyped with the Brad Pitt scene promises of brutality and scalping, which were there but not the whole movie. I thought the story was worth the time for the talking parts, not just for the suicide-Jews spitting clip after clip into Nazis.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grampoo View Post
agree, not excited about Avatar.

but

Inglorious Basterds is a good movie. You have a point that it was hyped with the Brad Pitt scene promises of brutality and scalping, which were there but not the whole movie. I thought the story was worth the time for the talking parts, not just for the suicide-Jews spitting clip after clip into Nazis.
Yeah--there was some moments where I thought it could have moved a little faster, such as the scene with some of the Basterds in the bar with the actress spy, but I do think the pros outweigh the cons.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Yeah, I wanted to see that badly, then someone told me it's 70% talking.

I like a good dialoge movie (Glengary Glen Ross is an awesome dialog movie) but when your promo say's you're only going to be killin' nazi's - then I want that to be the majority of the film.

And Avatar looks weird. I didn't know what the shyt was about until today. I'm not into 3-D so jimmy won't get my money in this one. I liked the movie when I only knew it's title.

These blue people are throwing me off.

Old 12-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
These blue people are throwing me off.
Fucking racist.

()
Old 12-19-2009, 02:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've become entirely obsessed with Myq's Conan appearance. I think it's amazing. But I don't get the thing where he says "Thank you for agreeing with your hands." I laugh at it every time and then instantly feel stupid because I don't know why I'm laughing. End this suffering for me. Thank you.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:50 AM   #28 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
Meh, I'd rather have an at least alright movie to watch than a shitty looking one with 3D tits and gore.
Of course i was pushing the issue there, but i still think that the monster Hype machine behind this movie is entertaining but definitely excessive. As much as Cameron made great, visually beautiful movies, with some of the greatest action/disater scenes in movie history (i think T2 is still one of the ten greatest movies of all time), this one looks.... Cheesy.

And seriously, hyping it as a revolution in the way we'll watch movies is ridiculous (and that's the way they presnted it on every magazine i've read). I'm sure it's enetertaining but it's still a nearly three hour long sci-fi/fantasy thing that will surely be fun, but will diappoint a lot.

And in the end.... It looks like a cross between a videogame and the fifth element. With pseudo-new age stuff on top. No thanks, i'm not excited.

"My Bloody Valentaine 3d" was crap that was proud to be crap, and i have respect for that.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
I've become entirely obsessed with Myq's Conan appearance. I think it's amazing. But I don't get the thing where he says "Thank you for agreeing with your hands." I laugh at it every time and then instantly feel stupid because I don't know why I'm laughing. End this suffering for me. Thank you.
I don't remember it, but my guess is that he means Thank you for clapping in agreement.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:21 AM   #30 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amravanti View Post
I don't remember it, but my guess is that he means Thank you for clapping in agreement.
Plus it's a joke. He got you to laugh even if you didnt get it. That means the joke worked. If you didnt get and didnt laugh, that would be a problem.

I remember that the first times i listened to Hedberg's Jokes (or Steven Wright), i didnt get half of wht they meant but they made me laugh anyway.

Myq's great, really great. And he has a style i can hardly pin dopw, sometyhing original and that makes it even better.

Now i'll just have to wait until february for the non-US-only version of his cd (Grr...)