Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Keith's poker play:
He did the right thing. You have to play like you normally would. 62 44.60%
He should have played like a pussy at that moment to ensure a paid spot. 77 55.40%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2010, 05:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1116: iKATG

"Keith and The Girl has it's fiftieth (50) body modification."

Crazy Myka Fox

Myq Kaplan

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wow, poker involves thinking? Who would have thought!
Old 01-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I've never laughed harder at a KATG episode than Myq's joke about the dude stealing the butter.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

For seasoning your hot dog.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am a very loyal "Chelsea Lately" viewer, I watch it almost every single night and have since the show premiered. Chelsea Handler referenced her boyfriend about every 2 weeks, if not more frequently. She showed pictures of him, acknowledged him being her boss and much older, and even talked about him during her opening monologue. Anytime a guest mentioned dating an older man Chelsea would bring up her boyfriend. When they would mention kids she would bring up how Ted has kids who are older.

Perez Hilton was on the show and thought he was revealing a huge secret by saying Chelsea was dating Ted (the comcast pres.) on her own show but no one cared because everyone already knew.

He isn't her immediate boss, he's a few people removed.

She had written 2 NY Times best sellers before getting her show, but I'm sure the sex helped.
Old 01-28-2010, 01:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wrong poll. It should be - "Should Myq And Myka Be Once A Week Regular Guests Like Patrice?"

And the only option should be yes.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Wrong poll. It should be - "Should Myq And Myka Be Once A Week Regular Guests Like Patrice?"

And the only option should be yes.
Seconded. If you see them on camera they're even better together. She's super animated, he's super mellow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieaxeman View Post
it seems like they always underline joke, whats goin on?
What the fudge are you talkin' about?
Old 01-28-2010, 04:05 AM   #8 (permalink)

What timeframe are you imaging when you play...

Even though it's hardest after a long game, and the most important thing to remember because of that, you have to try and step back from the game and see if you're betting recklessly on a hand because you're tired or any number of other reasons that would make you want to finish the game (or just get out of it) faster than you would have half way through the game.

I voted that you should always play the way that fits you because how the fuck else can you do it. But I think the wording of the poll, while not really that obviously biased against being a pussy because people like to bust Keith's balls, is maybe a better indication of knowing that you played recklessly because of some reason other than your best judgment at the time. Players should know that the guy with 1,000 has no other option than to wait, and that because of him being the 4th player, the other players will probably wait him out. Trying to get a leg up is never a bad idea... but I've lost patience with a game I was up in enough times to try and remember (not always successfully) to fold a couple in a row and get a pick-me-up to go on.

just to know... I haven't played poker with KaTG because I'm not fond of online betting, and I like in a time zone 13 hours away.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

I read the nerd blogs; this iPad hype has been ridiculous. Almost intolerable. It was cathartic to make this video back in November, though. The audio is from the Maximum PC podcast.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

The thing with KBR was that apparently their signed contract has some fine print that denies them the right to settle any legal disputes through the court system (I think for any reason, not just rape). They are required to conduct their business through binding arbitration. So, instead of a jury of your peers in front of a judge, you are outside of the court system with a mediator who settles your dispute. And the mediator's decision is legally binding. These companies also like arbitration because it is faster, cheaper, and completely private, where in court you may have some of your dirty laundry aired for the public to see. So, when you are a shady as shit war profiteering company like KBR, arbitration is very appealing.

Franken's amendment states that the US government is not going to do business with companies that require their employees to settle all disputes through arbitration. Jaime Leigh Jones actually had to sue for the right to civilly sue KBR. She won that suit, so now she's allowed to sue her former employer for trying to sweep this under the rug.

I'm glad Keith brought up this issue because it needs a lot of attention. And I also want to alert people to another case that's been ongoing for several years now. LaVena Johnson was in all likelihood raped and murdered by her own comrades, but the Department of Defense has ruled her death a suicide. Apparently Ms. Johnson beat the shit out of herself, burned her own genitals with lye, set herself on fire, and then shot herself. 'Cause that's normally how people commit suicide. Her father has been fighting with the Department of Defense to find the truth for almost five years now.

LaVena Johnson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This blog entry notes why Jaime Leigh Jones claims that KBR is partly responsible for her rape: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairba...n_kbr_rape.php

Last edited by Blitzgal; 01-28-2010 at 07:45 AM.