Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Mark Sanchez a douche bag?
Yes. Your buddy signs FOR you? Just sign the fuckin' thing. 123 91.79%
No. Quit harassing celebrities. 11 8.21%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1117: Sign Here

"You had to be a little bit of a bitch, huh? Right on, man. Now you know who we are."

Hell and Heartaches

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:08 AM   #2 (permalink)

UGLY BETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

Mark Sanchez's cock sucking attitude is the reason the Jets didn't go to the superbowl. Way to blue ball an entire fucking city.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

The Catcher in the Rye

I remember having to read Catcher in the Rye in High School when I was there. Our teachers insisted that J.D. Salinger had put loads of meaning in the book. We had to make lots of analysis's of the book, and those that were felt to most agree with the teachers, were given A's, and the rest of us lower grades based on how far we were from the meanings. Because I argued that he had just written a story, and there were no extra meanings put in the book, just the meanings that the reader put into it, I was given an F.

I had to laugh, when years later, J.D. Salinger was quoted in an interview as saying "I only wrote it as a story, I never put any extra meanings in it." I wanted to write to the teacher who had tortured us, but she had died, so no release there. The book was removed from preferred reading from many classes in the US, for several years, until the publisher pressured Salinger into retracting his statement, and schools started buying the book again.

Last edited by whatotherway; 01-29-2010 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

i use to dig maxium overdrive. totally forgot lisa simpson, and billy the kid were in it.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Keith and The Girl book club revival?
Old 01-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

If Felicity was cancelled because of the haircut, that was one of the most delayed cancellations ever, because the show was four seasons and her haircut was in season two.

And yes, because I'm a nerd who has watched the DVD commentaries for this series, I know that Kerri Russell did not cut her hair over the summer and force the writers to come up with a storyline. The show creators came up with the idea and the actress agreed to it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicity

Also, I think the actress must be tired of being associated with that hair because she straightens it now. She was in Mission Impossible III and she's in that new stupid movie with Harrison Ford that looks like a retread of Lorenzo's Oil.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 01-29-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Catcher in the Rye is good but overrated. Salinger wrote "Franny and Zoeey" which i liked more.

The problem with IMPORTANT books, like IMPORTANT albums or movies is a lot of people are going to (reasonably) avoid them, just because they're sick of hearing how good they're supposed to be. And some of them are actually good.

I despised the beatles since not long ago, because everyone said that they were the best band on the planet. I hated (and still can barely stand) the various nerd cult stuff like Star wars/star trek. And concerning books, i despise Jack Kerouac's "On the road" and the whole bunch of hippie "morrison read it" stuff, like Huxley or Allen Ginsberg...

I'm probably missing out but hearing people repeating "you dont know shit about music/books/whatever, if you havent read this" just pisses me off. I admire Keith for checking out stuff he knows he wont like just to see before judging.

On the autographs issue: doing it in front of people is ridiculous, but a lot of celebrities have people who do signatures for them and sell them online or at conventions. Gene Simmons is a big scammer in that sense.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I tried reading, "On the Road," and couldn't finish it. Snoozefest.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:32 PM   #10 (permalink)

The KBR saga continues. They are pushing their case all the way to the Supreme Court, so Jones is STILL fighting for the right to sue them.

Why is KBR so afraid of letting Jamie Leigh Jones have her day in court? - By Dahlia Lithwick - Slate Magazine