Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who seems more in the right?
Kevin Smith 141 75.00%
Southwest Airlines 47 25.00%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Apparently Everyone is missing the point but:

-He's not so fat. I met him at a Q&A and he's just a bit chubby. He could sit on airplane seat just fine
-He passed the armrest test, which is the required test for having a seat on the airlines. Plus he had two people next to him that stated they didnt feel uncomfortable next to him.
-He tried to buy two tickets but the plane was full.

Notes

-I'm not fat so i'm not defending my own, and i',m not a fan of Kevin Smith. I just listen to his smodcast
-Siding with the airline with "Fucki ng fatties shouldnt fly" or "Goddamn celebrities" is cool these days. You feel strong and contrarian. To me it just makes you sound like a douche whose only satisfaction in life is spitting venom on people

Last edited by Junkenstein; 02-17-2010 at 03:26 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Good point Junk.

Equally valid would be imagine it happening to Pol Pot, Hitler, Michael Jackson or Osama Bin Laden.

Of course it wouldn't happen to them because they are skinny. And three of them are dead and one in hiding.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Whatever. I just think that spewing hostility against anyone without even thinking twice just because they're fat, doesnt make you a cooler person, it makes you an asshole.

And a lot of the comments i've been reading on the Kevin Smith story are in that vein ("Fat people should shiut the fuck up, they deserve to be humiliated" and stuff like that). I dont see the point of doing that. It's just mean. But apparently it's also the new way of the world.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

As a person who's not to fat to fly, but who could easily get there in my later years I gotta say the thing about this is that waiting til your on the plane and then yanking you off feels like a shake down. If you want people to buy two seats tell them at the ticket counter. Have a scale or a seat so that people can know with certainty that they do or do not need a second seat. Pulling you aside when you're already on the plane to make you buy a second seat or take you off the flight entirely is nonsense.

There are a lot of people who are in the fuzzy could go either way weight class and if you aren't going to let them know before they board the plane then you shouldn't be allowed to yank them out of their seat.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #15 (permalink)

On the coffee...I drink hot chocolate with a Jet Alert (caffeine tablet). All the great flavor of friggin Starbucks, none of the coffee gross bitterness, all the caffeine buzz you need, MUCH MUCH cheaper. Add milk to the hot chocolate if you want a latte. Add caramel flavor if you want a macchiato. Coffee is 95% hype.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova Frankenstein View Post
On the coffee...I drink hot chocolate with a Jet Alert (caffeine tablet). All the great flavor of friggin Starbucks, none of the coffee gross bitterness, all the caffeine buzz you need, MUCH MUCH cheaper. Add milk to the hot chocolate if you want a latte. Add caramel flavor if you want a macchiato. Coffee is 95% hype.
stop gaying up coffee, by adding shit to it. i like coffee the way i like my men, hot, thick and black.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

I'm From Utah

Just clearing it up a little it is proposed in the state legislature to take out 12th grade and has not been passed and most likely wont be passed any time soon. The man who proposed this bill is a puppet and a moron who has publicly stated that gays are horrible people and should be condemned and has had some backwards racist comments as well. He is a total moron. Butters is his name.

Also the reason there is a 12th grade even though i was in the same situation Keith was where my last year of high school was kind of a joke is that there have been studies on the brain that say that the brain develops to a certain point between the ages of 18-24 that helps undertake a deeper critical thinking which college needs. Obviously that is not a main reason why college is after 12th grade but it is something to think about when discussing this issue.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

I do like Kevin Smith's films and SMODCAST is my favorite podcast next to Keith and the Girl I think Southwest is wrong. Stuff like this has happened before but know ones paid any attention and now that it has happened to Mr Smith people are starting to question southwest's policies which i think should have been happening from day one. I am not a fat fuck but I know some big people that have been able to fly on southwest I think if they have the room it shouldn't matter.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #19 (permalink)

Nevermind I guess he did.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

Talking about getting put on standby or getting bumped. I understand why they overbook flights, a certain number of people don't show up and most of the time it doesn't matter but you'd think over the holidays, not just Christmas, they'd understand that if people are traveling on a long weekend or over Christmas they are probably going to show up.

I'd like your opinion on something, I work as a nanny and my employers and the baby went away for the long weekend. I was going to pick them up from the airport Monday night (Southwest into Oakland coincidentally) they called to say that they had been bumped from the flight and were on standby. They ended up coming home the next morning with a $200 SW voucher and SW also paid for their hotel.

Here's the question, should the airline have been a bit more sensitive to the fact that they have a baby and it is more of a hassle for them to be put on standby. Should people with infants be exempt from getting bumped or is that unfair to people without children?

I have no feeling on this it was just something I thought about.
Enter coupon code KATGforums to receive 10% off your order.