Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Keith in the right with his response to the lady at the post office?
Yes! Little Baby Faggot strikes again! 189 94.03%
No. That was just cruel. 12 5.97%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1131: Homeland Security

"I'm gonna put a Tolerable Curse on you. Beanbag! Beanbag!"

Trey Galyon's Stand-up Comedian Profile on Rooftop Comedy

What Do We Do Now? - Keith and The Girl Free Comedy Talk Show
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #2 (permalink)

I don't even need to listen to the show to answer the poll. Anything that happens in a post office, someone like Keith is probably right.

EDIT: Just listened to the show, I was right. I also realized that when reading "lady" and "post office" in the same sentence on the poll, my brain automatically added in "old". That's +2 for me.

Trey's "nerd voice" sounds just like George Takei. Is that irony?

Last edited by smcn; 02-20-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

A new day, a new delicious show.

nom nom nom
Old 02-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have to say something. Chemda, you do not know what the rules are at a school anymore. There is no ability for the teacher to have much influence over discipline and punishment. All the zero-tolerance policies are because of the parents. Why did Jimmy get expelled and not Paula when they did the same thing, because the behavior pattern for Paula is not the same as Jimmy... wrong. School board is involved and then the parents are stalking you at your car.

The biggest problem we have as a teacher is this:

Positive and negative reinforcement for discipline is no longer allowed.
Sentences can not be given because it has nothing to do with learning.
Detention is not allowed because it is said not to change behavior.
Excluding the child from lessons, kicking them out, is no longer acceptable.

Additionally, when you write a letter to the parent they are so busy saying what I am doing wrong, than to help me help their child. The parents want no part in the raising of their child. Tell them they need more practice with math and they say, "So what are you going to do about it?"

I am sorry, but I cannot go home with the child and ensure that they are helped with homework. There was a time that being a teacher was a partnership with the parents, now it is a glorified kindergarten with us fighting a losing battle with the egos of the student and parents.

We have no power to discipline and dirty looks and negative comments to a child can get you in front of a license board. So what do I say? Send them to the principal and let the tolerance policy take care of it.

PS. I drink more too, but that is a good thing!

Last edited by Drunkpup; 02-20-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Cause I am fickle
Old 02-20-2010, 10:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Why Keith didn't respect his dad

From listening to the older shows, Keith didn't respect his dad because his dad was FUCKING NUTS!! Case in point:

- pretending to smoke cigarrettes and being convinced he was high off of them
- making them dig holes all day and finding bullshit reasons (that he likely believed btw) for them to have to continue to dig
- peeing/pooping with the bathroom door wide open so that all of his family could hear what he was doing

there were many other instances of crazy that I can't recall right now, but honestly from what we have heard about his dad, it is no wonder Keith had no respect for him.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:53 AM   #6 (permalink)

I am studying to be a teacher right now, and maybe things are different in Canada but really... kids today are all the same.
The biggest problem is the fact that technology has made everyone, including children, incredibly impatient. They cannot sit still unless they are playing a video/computer game.

Teachers today have so many things to deal with that they didn't when "we" were younger, which is why things are so different today. Many kids today come from broken homes, single parent families, so many difficulties in their home life. Like Chemda said, psychology courses are very important for aspiring teachers.

The other thing we future teachers are being taught today is protecting ourselves. It if difficult to discipline children or taken certain actions because we are always at risk of getting yelled at by parents, or getting fired. Look at the past few news stories about teachers that have been shared on the show. I definitely agree that many of those teachers were out of line, but it just goes to show that it is difficult to find that line without getting our asses fired.

Honestly, it has become the teacher's job to spend most of their day on discipline. And it sucks, because it takes away from teaching time. Personally, as a substitute teacher, I spend the majority of my day trying to calm the children down. I know that the second I walk in the door, the children go "ooh a sub" and its over before its even begun.
(Ep. 488)
Old 02-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlp View Post
From listening to the older shows, Keith didn't respect his dad because his dad was FUCKING NUTS!! Case in point:.
Yep. But i'm almost sure that the insanities were not the breaking point. I think Keith snapped later.

Maybe i'm wrong, but that's what happened to me. When i was a kid my father was very abusive to my mother. Yet i didnt think any less of him. I thought it was just part of the marriage deal.

And i also thought that his whole "i will break you down" thing with me was some sort of discipline, some way he had to make me grow balls.

Then, after moving, growing up, etc. I learned that he cheated on my mother. That even after the divorce he stole money from her. And i changed my point of view about him and lost any respect. Even the good things he did, turned sour in my head. And from then i hated him. I still do. And i will until he dies.

But that was the breaking point. If i didnt learn that, maybe i would still think that he was a real man and a strong and smart guy. With balls. Whatever.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcokeyumyum View Post
Not to be a dick...... but did mike dentist joke sound a lot like this guys?
Jeremy Hotz - Dental Hygenist Video by Just For Laughs - MySpace Video

fast forward to 30secs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkpup View Post
I have to say something. Chemda, you do not know what the rules are at a school anymore. There is no ability for the teacher to have much influence over discipline and punishment. All the zero-tolerance policies are because of the parents. Why did Jimmy get expelled and not Paula when they did the same thing, because the behavior pattern for Paula is not the same as Jimmy... wrong. School board is involved and then the parents are stalking you at your car.

The biggest problem we have as a teacher is this:

Positive and negative reinforcement for discipline is no longer allowed.
Sentences can not be given because it has nothing to do with learning.
Detention is not allowed because it is said not to change behavior.
Excluding the child from lessons, kicking them out, is no longer acceptable.

Additionally, when you write a letter to the parent they are so busy saying what I am doing wrong, than to help me help their child. The parents want no part in the raising of their child. Tell them they need more practice with math and they say, "So what are you going to do about it?"

I am sorry, but I cannot go home with the child and ensure that they are helped with homework. There was a time that being a teacher was a partnership with the parents, now it is a glorified kindergarten with us fighting a losing battle with the egos of the student and parents.

We have no power to discipline and dirty looks and negative comments to a child can get you in front of a license board. So what do I say? Send them to the principal and let the tolerance policy take care of it.

PS. I drink more too, but that is a good thing!
FUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU Both and Welcome to the forums
Old 02-20-2010, 01:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Why does all those cultural irrelevant people love to re-invent the image of Jesus? First he's black, then he's gay....

Anyway, he probably was a short arabic jewish man that loved to ramble about how bad the governement was. He was a politically slanted stand-up comedian. I believe he existed, but i do not believe in god.

Looking at myself in the mirror makes me remember i have to shave but doesnt change the state of my atheism. Yeah, it's a nice world. Why do you need a god to justify it?
Old 02-20-2010, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Why do you need a god to justify it?
some people need someone to look to because they don't find it in themselves. they need someone who can tell them what to do, or at least say it was god. you know cause he/she is all knowing..... people should believe in themselves more.