Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Tillikum the 3-Time Killer Whale
Send it back to the ocean where it belongs. 103 65.19%
Kill it! This whale has a taste for human blood! 35 22.15%
Give it another chance to do tricks for the kids. 20 12.66%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1135: Authors

"Hey, I'm having trouble with this Rape!"

Scott Sigler: Bestselling Horror Author and Failed Pimp

Last edited by Keith; 02-26-2010 at 05:47 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is the episode meant to be an hour and twenty seconds? I ask because Libsn's been messing up episodes lately and Thursday shows tend to be longer then that because of Patrice.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Giving us permission to sign our own books!!!!!!!

Awesome, hillarious!!
Thank you so much for your permission!

in my copy, Keith's sig to me will be:

I dedicate this book to Dan. Buddy, I love listening to your long boring ideas, even though I constantly have to wait for you to say "Um, hold on. I forget what I was saying". Dan, you stoned genius. Every one of your ideas is a gem buddy. Your wife, co-workers and family are wrong about you. You're a very important person.
-Keith Malley
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

No Patrice? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Here's the link where you can vote for several KATG guests.

ECNY Awards - My Ballot
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Scott Sigler! YAY! The man is an awesome writer, his books are like a drug and everything that's good in sci-fi horror! Slurp, indeed!
Old 02-26-2010, 08:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Kill the whale... serve in the Sea World restaurants.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 AM   #8 (permalink)

Hmmm, what to do with the carcas after you kill it??? I'd set it free just because it is easier. It may not survive in the ocean, but hey, I wouldn't have to deal with cleaning up tohe dead carcas.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It is ridiculous to kill the whale. No one should be surprised that it happened either. Its a wild fucking animal. Additionally, its 12,000lbs, was caught in freaking iceland and dragged over to seaworld to be a performance piece. They try to justify it by stating that they need to study them. But honestly, you can't study them in captivity because 1. it is completly unnatural from what their natural habitat would be and 2. there is no tank large enough that can accomodate whales of that size. Cnn has a decent article on what captivity can do to wild animals, specifically whales-http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/02/25/whales.seaworld.death/index.html?hpt=T2

Some quotes for those who don't want to read all of it:

-"An orca can travel easily 100 nautical miles every day, and to put them in a pool where they swim around in circles continually, and kept away from their families, "takes a toll on their brains," said Jim Borrowman, who has worked with whales for 30 years and runs Stubbs Island Whale Watching on Vancouver Island, British Columbia."

-"Whales are dangerous in captivity because of their tremendous size, experts said. "

-"In the wild, killer whales have never been known to attack a human," said Kim Parsons, independent whale biologist from Seattle, Washington. "But they do play with, and/or kill, other species." -side note, I've read that they have killed fucking polar bears, these are freaking huge animals, plus the whale in question had been in the wild before, is it really all that surprising that he has killed humans before?

-"But Borrowman cautioned that it's hard to know what would happen if all aquarium whales were released into the ocean, especially those that were born in captivity. Tilikum, who was caught in Iceland in the 1980s, could potentially, for example, turn over a person in a kayak, Borrowman said. Ventre added that the captive whales may or may not survive if released."

-"Ventre speculated that there may be more restrictions placed on who can work with the whale, but it's unclear whether much can be done -- someone still has to feed Tilikum 300 pounds of fish a day, administer medication and perform other daily tasks with the animal. Tilikum is also part of an artificial insemination program, which means someone has to roll him over and extract sperm from him.

"This is one of the inherent risks of working with animals like orcas or elephants, or walruses or even California sea lions," he said. "This kind of stuff happens."

Basically at this point, they need to have a look but don't touch rule. I don't know why the hell they are extracting sperm from him, or how the hell that would even work. But greatly limit human interaction with him, but let him near the other whales. And don't be shocked if a wild animal reacts.

Last edited by littlp; 02-26-2010 at 10:44 AM. Reason: adding
Old 02-26-2010, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Speaking of Testicular Cancer,

Here's an interesting article about why so many men are getting this cancer, what might be causing it, and how serious the implications are.

Slate.com Why do Danes have smaller nuts than Finns—are toxins to blame?