Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can the Awkward Comedians survive a tour together?
Yes. They're professionals. 74 24.67%
No. C'mon. Get the fuck outta here... 226 75.33%
Voters: 300. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 04-11-2010, 09:10 AM   #51 (permalink)

i really tried....

I really tried to listen to this show all the way through. But I just couldn't make it. I kept going back and forth to the iPhone app and just about every time awkwaarrrd. It made me feel akward.

As for Marina, I don't know if she wasn't familiar with what the show was about and was offended out the gate? Maybe she just didn't like Chemda. Maybe she had that woman silly jealous thing with Chemda going on. I don't know. I thought Chemda did a great job of PULLING the show along. She must be tired because Marina could have ruined the show. Everytime Marina said something and broke up the vibe I felt like people were staring at me. Than Chemda would say something and bring it back. But I could tell Chemda was irritated. (sigh)

I did think Marina was being a baby. How many times did people have to check on her? And why not just take her off the mic? In all I thought she ruined a good opportunity to pick up new fans. Maybe she's funnier on TV than in person.

I watched the comedy central special and I thought all the comics were funny. Yes Marina too. Hannibal could even be a decent guest on his own.

I don't think this was a bad show at all. It's just hard to listen to. Good job of keeping it funny through the pain and showing restraint.

.. I DRIVE FAST
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:23 AM   #52 (permalink)

It was the best of shows, it was the worst of shows...
Not that it isn't always subtly apparent, but this show made it absolutely obvious just what an amazing team Keith and Chemda are, and how damned good they are at what they do. That room would have completely overcome anybody less skilled. Keith and Chemda both stood up to the challenge, wrangled in the wayward guests, didn't put up with shit, but at the same time made it funny and endearing, and kept the show on track. Both of them displayed incredible skill at this. I am pleased.

And I was dismayed that Victor turned out to be the sane guest on this show. He's usually so silly, but here we could see that he has his shit together.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #53 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
I watched the comedy central special and I thought all the comics were funny. Yes Marina too. Hannibal could even be a decent guest on his own.
He has been a guest on his own. Nothing groundbreking, though.

I have to admit that the sheer ability that Keith and Chemda possess, could turn even the crappiest of the crappy into good podcasting. So the episode was stil good. But iw ont put it in the category of the good awkward like the hilartity of a Danny Lobell, a Deuce or Hadar. Those guys were either super over-the-top or hilarious human targets (like Danny).

This Marina just sounded spiteful. I felt for Victor, cause the mood was seriously sour.

I'd say that a lot of comedians are like pimps and dealers: awful, creepy people that happen to meet society's need for entertainment.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #54 (permalink)

The evil chick made the show almost unlistenable. I don't know if it was an act or not.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #55 (permalink)

marina = maga super duppa period
Old 04-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #56 (permalink)

scrabble rule change handy for myq and myka. oh and the guy who said he didnt play bully cause he has a playstation 2. it was on playstation 2 as canis canem (dog eat dog in latin).

Last edited by dangerous; 04-11-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

Chemda got a lot of crazy-girl practice with Hadar so she knew how to handle Marina.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
scrabble rule change handy for myq and myka. oh and the guy who said he didnt play bully cause he has a playstation 2. it was on playstation 2 as canis canem (dog eat dog in latin).
...in the UK. It was on the PS2 as Bully in North America.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:11 PM   #59 (permalink)

Wow

This was very hilarious and entertaining.

*edit - The interaction between the comedians was amazing.

**edit - I didn't mind Marina, and found her funny too.

Last edited by Toastmold; 04-11-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #60 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Marina made me hate black women so much I just might divorce my wife, Oh my god was she every bad stereotype.

Moody
sassy
cunty

I bet she swaps thin spaghetti for Angelhair pasta when she's @ the Olive Garden like it makes a difference
I say that to be she is one of the black women where nothings good enough for her but she wishes a nigga would tell her shit about how to do her day job.

Last edited by da_ticklah; 04-11-2010 at 07:34 PM.