Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Spooky?
Yes 69 32.86%
No 141 67.14%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

I already talked to Michael about his next project and called dibs to shit all over it, so back off people! Then we both know what happens next. I suspect this plan will work perfectly.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Well, I haven't listened to the episode yet, so I won't vote until I have a better idea here, but I met Michael and D on the 15th, and they are both fantastic people who happen to butt heads with Spooky. So if the enemy of my enemy is my friend, then the enemy of my friend would have to be my enemy. Sorry Spooks, but Ronald "McDonald" Reagan made all these rules decades ago.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Some thoughts on Keith's show...

When you threw the beer bottle, the whole place was kind of stunned. I thought, what the fuck was that? I looked over at my friend who just sort of shrugged. I heard Chemda audibly yelp somewhere off to the side. My friend actually brought it up on the way home and I said that I thought you were just saying, "fuck this empty bottle!" But we agreed it could have turned ugly if it broke.

The "guy" who made the announcement about the checks: First of all, that was a GUY?!?!?! I didn't even SEE the pink blouse on him/her, but I thought it was a woman speaking! And it was pretty fucked up, because half the tables HAD paid already. What a bunch of pussies in that place. They made out BIG TIME! What did you have in that place? 200+ people? They should have been kissing your feet!

And to that, my friend and I had 2 Coronas each. Guess how much the bill was? Good guess! It was $46! That included tax and the 20% "autograt", as Chemda put it. So that works out to $11.50 a beer. Not a bad take.

Picard from the forums across from me ordered the nachos. First of all, they had NO CHEESE on them, second it looked like someone bought some Shop Rite chips and then puked yesterday's lunch on them. Disgusting! He didn't, "ENGAGE," those chips. Haha, hoho, hehe, know what I mean, Picard?

Anyway, a great time was had by all as usual! Great job and happy birthday.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Dee
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post

Hence my apologies and all the positive/constructive things in the forums lately.
Wait, you're handing out apologies?

/waits

Well, I guess it's a really long list.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm only about 45 minutes in but YES THAT CLUB SUUUUUUUUUCKED.

I wait tables in a place like that, I know how that shit works and there was NO excuse for those waitresses to be so cunty. There was a 2-drink minimum so Face and I each ordered 2 drinks on her first pass by our table so she knew we were gonna drink. I would've ordered more but she didn't come back until Keith's set was over and she was delivering checks. I tried to get her attention to order another round but I when I made eye contact with her she said cuntily, "I'm BRINGING the check!!!" So I got up to pee but I went right back to my seat and waited for 20 goddamn minutes for her to bring it and gave her the cash right away so she wouldn't have to run a card, and I got our "exit ticket". At this point, people were still hanging out, Chemda had just gotten out the cake, so I thought people would be hanging out for awhile longer. We went outside to smoke a cig and on the way out the bouncer goes, "Have a good night" and I said, "Oh, we'll be back, I don't think they're done yet." And he goes, "Oh yes they are, the show is over" or something like that. So we just left. This is the first I'm hearing that people actually got to hang out after the show, I thought they were kicking everyone out.

RAR.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King of Awesome View Post
Well, I haven't listened to the episode yet, so I won't vote until I have a better idea here, but I met Michael and D on the 15th, and they are both fantastic people who happen to butt heads with Spooky. So if the enemy of my enemy is my friend, then the enemy of my friend would have to be my enemy. Sorry Spooks, but Ronald "McDonald" Reagan made all these rules decades ago.
Well said! I agree
Old 04-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #17 (permalink)

Keith: "All from different states, including Canada".
Dear America, Canada is not one of your states.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Merit View Post
Dear America, Canada is not one of your states.
Wow! Nice pick up there.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

On nigger-rigged: I used to work with a middle-aged woman who would refer to in-shell brazil nuts as nigger-toes until I pointed out that is was racist and wrong. She was so amazed that she'd been using this term for years blindly (maybe she was on a farm in the '70s) that she went through every department telling her friends; so in the end, she just said nigger more instead of less.
What can I say, I tried.

Nigger Toes for comparison:

Old 04-20-2010, 12:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

Re: "Not bad for a rainy Sunday"
Am I the only one who thinks this could have not been an insult? If I'm very impressed with something, sometimes I'll understate it. E.g., It's someone's first time bowling and they get three strikes in a row: "Not bad for a newbie!"
Might the same thing have been going on with the club owner who said "Not bad for a rainy Sunday"?

Edit: Unless it's the implied surprise that's supposed to be insulting.

Last edited by Marty Merit; 04-20-2010 at 12:45 PM.