Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you okay?
Yes 467 80.94%
No 110 19.06%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofadeeznizzles View Post
I think this boils down to philosophical difference. I, like some, believe that everyone owes a duty of respect to everyone else. With that respect comes honesty. So, I get why people think Keith and Chemda owe them honesty. I think it's a vast oversimplification to just be able to say "I don't owe you anything" and then "oh yeah, i've been pissing in your applejuice for some time now" and expect everyone to be ok with it.

That said, I agree that they do great work and they had to do what they had to do. Just trying to be fair to the other side here.
There is no other side. They do a show. It's entertainment. Fleetwood Mac doesn't owe you anything if Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham break up. If the Spice Girls call it quits they don't owe you anything! Even if you put all your love into the Spice Girls and they broke your heart they don't owe you anything. Even if you had ALL their videos....OH GOD WHY DID THE SPICE GIRLS BREAK UP. FUCKING SELFISH CUNTS!
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Does anyone else think that part of the reason why people are so distraught over Keith and Chemda's breakup is because it causes him or her to have anxiety over their own relationship's future?

Even if someone isn't currently in a relationship, I think that Keith and Chemda's partnership was held up as an ideal and everyone can't help but think that if they can separate then there is little hope of a "happily ever after" for anyone.

Then again, maybe that's just me
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Next chapter, I'll be listening.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

The stuff podcasts are made of.

Nevermind the fact that you guys can work together to produce 18 months of excellence after a breakup,

The fact that you guys can come back with an episode like this straight after announcing your breakup, an episode which is not just on form but balls out, straight from the heart honest and hi-larious and the fact that you guys seemed genuinely overwhelmed by the reaction you were getting shows just how steady KATG is as a show. If there are any wobbles for the conspiracy theorists to pick up on, I'm not seeing them.

The only thing these last two episodes have brought out which concerns me is how many of us internet people are fucking scary wierdos determined to find alterior motives in everything. But hopefully we can put that behind us now..... hmm. <doubtful face>

Everything you share with us is a pleasure to listen to and your absolute and (at times less than diplomatic) honesty is one of the things I love most about this show.

You guys work on staying just as awesome as you are and I'll work on keeping my fandom below the "creepily overinvested" level.

P.S. Thats emotionally overinvested... as far as cash goes, lets all "invest" a little more.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well, after fridays show I wasn't sure if they were pulling a fast one or not, trying to prove why keith was so pissed off with what Danny was doing, but obviously that isn't the case.

Kudos for them for being able to keep things professional and continue to putout a great product day after day. Heres to many more.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 06:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Does anyone else think that part of the reason why people are so distraught over Keith and Chemda's breakup is because it causes him or her to have anxiety over their own relationship's future?

Even if someone isn't currently in a relationship, I think that Keith and Chemda's partnership was held up as an ideal and everyone can't help but think that if they can separate then there is little hope of a "happily ever after" for anyone.

I think that's very astute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Buttons View Post
There is no other side. They do a show. It's entertainment. Fleetwood Mac doesn't owe you anything if Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham break up. If the Spice Girls call it quits they don't owe you anything! Even if you put all your love into the Spice Girls and they broke your heart they don't owe you anything. Even if you had ALL their videos....OH GOD WHY DID THE SPICE GIRLS BREAK UP. FUCKING SELFISH CUNTS!
You missed my point as neither of those examples have anything to do with honesty.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

To some extent, everything you hear on TV, the radio, the internet, or anything that you do not see and experience in person is to be taken with a grain of salt. Sometimes it IS bullshit. Sometimes it's a complete lie. So no matter how you say it or how honest you are, if it comes from the media, you have to accept that some people are going to question how honest it really is.

Further, no one should feel that because Keith and Chemda's relationship failed (well, it's still a pretty happy relationship; just different, so did it REALLY fail?) their relationship will fail as well. Every relationship is different and if you don't try, you'll never know. Some things end and some things can last until the day you die. In either case, they still end, LOL. Anyway, you should realize that Keith and Chemda don't regret a second of it. They had good times and bad times and all for the better for the both of them. You can't look back; just keep looking forward and enjoying the present.

Just because a relationship ends, doesn't make it regrettable.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree with you, I think Keith said something like this on the show too. I have Brain Damage though so my short term memory is fucked so maybe not.

I am really happy they are going to continue because listening to this show has helped me through some really shitty few years. If we can't take their personal issues man we really should not be fit to live.

Loves to them both
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I totally agree. You can tell from their posts.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

While my ADD-addled brain wants to micro-analyze why the break-up occurred, I take comfort knowing that it was not so serious as to cause them to have to live apart or stop the show. I can't think of a single girlfriend or wife where I could have done anything remotely like that.

Example: my first wife and I basically imploded. I would put about 70% of the blame on myself. We both lost custody of the kids, it was that bad. The divorce was in late '87, last contact was probably '89. We recently reunited via email and facebook and have been chatting away like long lost friends. There is no shred of a chance that we will even meet in person again, or have any sort of 'relationship' again, but just getting to the point where we could talk like normal human beings took what, over twenty fucking years? Imagine if we had owned a business and had to keep working together.....geeze.

So while I am sad at the idea of Keith and Chemda not being an item any more, it is more than offset by knowing that they are still friendly enough to work together.

Of course now I have so many questions. Chemda + Lauren, still an item? Is Chemda exploring her bisexuality more? Is Keith going to see even more of Diane O'Debra's cleavage? Suzy McCoppin? It could be a whole new level of fun to try and match these two up with guests or other people. And the dating discussions - awkward! (and awesome)

Me personally, as long as they remain friends and keep a good thing going with the show, I'm all in.

Now if I could only see them in person and get some comforting hugs....

HAR!
(Offline)  
Closed Thread