Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you okay?
Yes 467 80.94%
No 110 19.06%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
No matter what anyone says, I thought that my message was really poignant.
I guessed it might be poignant, but I only speak English and Portuguese and your message was in neither, so I couldn't tell for sure.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Does anyone else think that part of the reason why people are so distraught over Keith and Chemda's breakup is because it causes him or her to have anxiety over their own relationship's future?

Even if someone isn't currently in a relationship, I think that Keith and Chemda's partnership was held up as an ideal and everyone can't help but think that if they can separate then there is little hope of a "happily ever after" for anyone.

Then again, maybe that's just me
I think this is exactly why.

Myself I'm in a 33 year marriage that is over. I just wish I knew it was over sooner then I did. I think that is why things like the High/Low interaction that Keith and Chemda were doing is a good thing to do. If you both are really truthful it will be obvious when you are drifting apart much sooner then it was for my wife and I. You can then act on it by fixing it or deciding it isn't worth fixing. As much as it was a disappointment to me that their relationship didn't work out, at the same time it made me feel slightly better about my situation. It stresses to me how important it is to enjoy today.

Live and learn. It's never too late.

Last edited by bruceatk; 06-01-2010 at 09:08 PM.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oie View Post
No matter what anyone says, I thought that my message was really poignant.
Look, no one is really quite sure what your message was, so who can judge? Maybe, just maybe, go back and translate cos....well Cuz, I've been pretty drunk and posted some weird shit. Hell, I've been sober and posted some weird shit.

But that was some weird shit, know what I mean?

I guarantee you more people know what I mean right now than what you meant cos....well, Cuz that shit was gibberishy. Like real gibberishy.

I'm not saying you were wrong, I'm saying you were god damn incoherent.

No hater! (I...think. Hell, I don't know).
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #44 (permalink)

Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
Does anyone else think that part of the reason why people are so distraught over Keith and Chemda's breakup is because it causes him or her to have anxiety over their own relationship's future?

Even if someone isn't currently in a relationship, I think that Keith and Chemda's partnership was held up as an ideal and everyone can't help but think that if they can separate then there is little hope of a "happily ever after" for anyone.

Then again, maybe that's just me
It's not just you - that is exactly how I feel. It feels as though there is no hope left for my relationship if Keith and Chemda ended their relationship. I help them up to an ideal, a standard.

I am happy if they are happy, but the bar just came crashing to the ground. I know they don't owe anyone any type of explanation, but I would really like to know WHY! It is personal, I totally get it, but I still need to know.

I just can't believe it. I will get over it in time, but baby might need a minute or 10.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #45 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Closure. I can move on now. Looking forward to this new era of KATG.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #46 (permalink)

I long for a time when men were men and women made sandwiches. Or, hell, even a time when men made sandwiches and just ate them. Maybe even shared them with women. Neither of them said, "This sandwich needs more tears."

You know why?

Because tears make the bread all soggy. Soggy bread makes for a shitty sandwich.

Now a little oil, that's a different thing. But you have to toast the bread just right and drop the oil sorta in the middle.

Long story short. All these damn tears are fucking up my sandwich.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Ok, I'm a douche. I had a really hard time with it, but I'm over it now. And yes, I feel crappy because my posts WERE all about me and my feelings.

BUT...

I did say, I admire the hell out of you two. I couldn't do what you did. I have never been able to do what you did. And now all I can help but do is feel like I didn't even try.

Keep on doing what you do. Fuck all the haters, they are simply inferior to you, period.

P.S. I feel even uber douchier for falling into the speculation trap. I am sorry, and yes, I know what I am to be sorry for. I answered this poll that I'm not Ok, but not for the reasons the poll question originally intended.

Last edited by Zomniac; 06-01-2010 at 09:52 PM.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
It's nice that you try to be fair to the other side Bofadeeznizzles. It seems like your heart might be in the right place. But you want to know what the real "vast oversimplification" is? Yes you do. The real vast oversimplification is the statement that "with that respect comes honesty".

Where we agree is that I, like you and some, like the idea that everyone owes a duty of respect to everyone else. It's a version of the societal contract of sorts and makes the world a better place. Where we don't see eye to eye is that I take the sentence literally. Everyone owes everyone else a duty of respect. That means people owe us respect but it also means we owe them respect.

See, I don't hold the vastly simplistic view that with respect comes honesty. I have the view that part of the respect we owe each other also relates to the right to privacy. The entitled and deluded of the world only see it as a one way thing. They don't see that as much as they think KATG owes them respect, they actually owe KATG the respect that goes with letting other people make the choice of what they share about their personal lives.

Bottom line is that if you think that entertainers choosing to keep parts of their private life private, even if they have to lie to you to do so, is analogous to them pissing in your apple juice then you're labouring under quite a comical delusion. Their lie ruins nothing. Them pissing in your apple juice would ruin your apple juice. It's a vastly simplistic and misguided comparison. But funny.
I actually agree with you almost in the entirety. I think just the details and surrounding circumstances color our thoughts a bit differently. I'll maintain that with respect demands honesty, but you're right that it is an oversimplification for me to say it demands it all the time. Of course they have a great reason and that's why I'm not personally upset.

I guess all I want to get across here is that I see a lot of namecalling with people who are upset that they were deceived. I do think it's unreasonable for them to be so upset, but I don't think it merits the hateful response I guess. Unless they were hateful first. I guess I'll just leave it alone with that.

Also, it's been very nice discussing this with all of you guys. Helped me think through things the other day and it's doing the same today. Most of you are a pleasure!
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I know no one gives a shit but me, but i want to defend myself from the comments in the show regarding the perfect relationship. I was being a little facetious in saying that, as well as my comment about Michael seeing the holes. Again, I know this affects nothing and no one even knows what i'm talking about, but I needed to get it in the open.

This show was about as exactly what I wanted from the day after show. No stone was left unturned, hell, they even read my comment. I was never really worried about it, but i'm more confident then ever that the show will continue to be amazing.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston Buttons View Post
There is no other side. They do a show. It's entertainment. Fleetwood Mac doesn't owe you anything if Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham break up. If the Spice Girls call it quits they don't owe you anything! Even if you put all your love into the Spice Girls and they broke your heart they don't owe you anything. Even if you had ALL their videos....OH GOD WHY DID THE SPICE GIRLS BREAK UP. FUCKING SELFISH CUNTS!
I think you make a good point Preston, but you undermine it by saying there is no other side. Let's not get it twisted...my life will go on whether or not K&C stay on the air. However, the difference between KATG and the Spice Girls is KATG's entertainment model is partly based on them honestly and hilariously talking about their relationship, their lives, their personal stories. It's clear the model has shifted recently (e.g., more discussion about news events than their sex life), but that's what the show is about. Of course, there are things that they have kept private, but getting pushback on their boundary-setting is natural.

Chemda has often said that if celebrities reap the rewards of beauty, fame, etc., then they must also suffer the consequences. Keith and Chemda are celebrities to their fans. The sense of entitlement and vitriol of some listeners are the consequences of that fame.

Keith may not owe his listeners anything, but he can't be mad that they expect something from him.
(Offline)  
Closed Thread