Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you okay?
Yes 467 80.94%
No 110 19.06%
Voters: 577. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:03 PM   #51 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelmore View Post
I think you make a good point Preston, but you undermine it by saying there is no other side. Let's not get it twisted...my life will go on whether or not K&C stay on the air. However, the difference between KATG and the Spice Girls is KATG's entertainment model is partly based on them honestly and hilariously talking about their relationship, their lives, their personal stories. It's clear the model has shifted recently (e.g., more discussion about news events than their sex life), but that's what the show is about. Of course, there are things that they have kept private, but getting pushback on their boundary-setting is natural.

Chemda has often said that if celebrities reap the rewards of beauty, fame, etc., then they must also suffer the consequences. Keith and Chemda are celebrities to their fans. The sense of entitlement and vitriol of some listeners are the consequences of that fame.

Keith may not owe his listeners anything, but he can't be mad that they expect something from him.
I guess I understand what you are trying to say, but for me, all I ever expected from the show was laughs and entertainment. Their tagline is not "Keith and his girlfriend talk honestly about their relationship," it's "Keith and his girlfriend talk shit." Just because they are no longer in a relationship does not mean that they will stop talking about shit... and making it funny.

I guess what I'm saying is that if they suddenly started talking seriously about politics, or religion, or all the Twilight or Lost shit, then I, and many others would have a problem with that, because it absolutely would go against those expectations.

Again, all I ever expected from Keith and Chemda was a good show... and I'm getting it.

Oh, and I'll be extremely pissed off if they have to quit doing it because all you fuckers are cheap. Donate bitches!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomniac View Post
I guess I understand what you are trying to say, but for me, all I ever expected from the show was laughs and entertainment. Their tagline is not "Keith and his girlfriend talk honestly about their relationship," it's "Keith and his girlfriend talk shit." Just because they are no longer in a relationship does not mean that they will stop talking about shit... and making it funny.

I guess what I'm saying is that if they suddenly started talking seriously about politics, or religion, or all the Twilight or Lost shit, then I, and many others would have a problem with that, because it absolutely would go against those expectations.

Again, all I ever expected from Keith and Chemda was a good show... and I'm getting it.

Oh, and I'll be extremely pissed off if they have to quit doing it because all you fuckers are cheap. Donate bitches!
Zomniac, I can dig it. I, as a listener, need to check my expectations in relation to what K&C put out there.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by labelmore View Post
Zomniac, I can dig it. I, as a listener, need to check my expectations in relation to what K&C put out there.
Exactly. Very succinctly put.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 PM   #54 (permalink)

I think that Keith and Chemda are still proving how they are such an awesome couple. They lived, they loved, they created ALL of this, broke up but are still able to remain friends and buisness partners.

The conversation about the last sacapuntas and victor, proves how much they are working together for the KATG baby they made. Everyone should be as grownup as they are in all if their relationships.

Although the stress over their break up has landed me in the ER, from which I am typing this, waiting for the cat scan of my GI tract to come back. (Home now and was just kidding about the stress coming from KATG breakup -- it just was the straw.)Kidding again. Love KATG and they never cause me stress.

Last edited by HeyAnne; 06-02-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: to add and correct my spelling
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

There must be an easier way to figure out the problem than to send a feline down your gastrointestinal tract. Quack doctors ...
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:44 PM   #56 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

If they've been doing this for over a year and a half without letting on then I wouldn't expect it to start showing now.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #57 (permalink)

aight, so...

i'm a lurker, never say shit, donate every now and again, plan to sign up for recurring, gimme a sec.

everyone here seems to have sorted themselves out, but in case someone out there hasn't, i heard the break-up-cast and stopped walking to work while i listened to see it was a joke. then i thought about it all weekend, albeit on and off. then i started telling friends who don't care all about it to explain why i was so affected.

then, i had a couple days to process (like it's about my time to process) and by today i was pretty much fine with it. all stages dealt with, just curiosity left over. i did feel lied to, not in an angry way, but you guys make an awesome enough show that my daily listening makes up part of how i evaluate my own experiences. so i needed a couple days to see if this gestalt switch affected how this crazy wicked pair of people should have affected my life.

in the end? no. they covered up shit they had to - but their answers to questions were based in exactly what they applied to their own lives - which as far as breakups go is clearly a successful philosophy, so all their advice still applies. and for the future? todays show proved that with the veil lifted, the ring of irreverent truth returns to their unedited stories, and the show'll keep being amazing.

wow. too long. now i look creepy. let's round it off, love newsy, love patrice, love kyle, love katg. i'll retreat from the flame now.

peace 'n shit
ii
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 PM   #58 (permalink)

Keith and Chemda,
It is so great to hear your love and relationship is changing. Over time relationships change. You seem to love each other just NOT in love with each other. Walking away can be the kindest most loving thing to do. I may not always agree with you but you both make laugh. Best wishes and Happiness to you both!
I did not vote till I LISTENED to show 1191.
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:49 PM   #59 (permalink)

This Episode should be called "the mourning after"
sorry if someone beat me to that.

or maybe called "you're lucky we tell you anything about our personal life at all"
nahhh not catchy enough.

Last edited by Diglass; 06-01-2010 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelln
(Offline)  
Old 06-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #60 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Double Parking

I fucking hate double parkers with a passion. If I was rich I would just drive around and ram every double parker that I see. Sure I wouldn't be rich for long... but it'd be worth it.
(Offline)  
Closed Thread