Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Doug Stanhope 213 93.01%
Bobbie Barnett 16 6.99%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2010, 03:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by talley View Post
Doug was fucking awesome, I hope this isn't just a one-off.
Well, I don't think he'll be a weekly guest, but I do hope this is the beginning/continuation of KATG being recognized as a viable media outlet. I listen to this show daily, I watch late night TV rarely. If you're opening a movie, publishing a book, or doing a show, this is a far better way to reach me. I'm guessing I'm not alone in this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:44 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I damned near convulsed when he dropped Bobbie's new current name and location. Epic episode.
yea. I yelled out holy shit and laughed so hard i almost pulled something. His timing for that was impeccable
Old 06-12-2010, 09:39 PM   #83 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
That too, but dont you think that the whole "americans dont know shit about the World Cup" sounds eerily like the classic "americans dont know anything about history, cultur, art and anything beides their own silly capitalist country".
I think context is everything and in the context of sporting contests it can't be taken too seriously. I mean, didn't you know there's a war on?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I think context is everything and in the context of sporting contests it can't be taken too seriously. I mean, didn't you know there's a war on?
I thought that whole Bougainville shit was done with?

Oh, you support ETA. Sorry. Carry on.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #85 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepetek View Post
I thought that whole Bougainville shit was done with?

Oh, you support ETA. Sorry. Carry on.
Doesn't everyone support "estimated time of arrival"?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #86 (permalink)

Doug Stanhope is fucking brilliant. One of the best, if not the best, comedians out there. I've been waiting for the day he would appear on KATG. More comedians should realize that it's probably better for them to appear on KATG than some radio show.

Was expecting Keith to bring up the time he gave Doug the keychain without realizing he had given him the one with his keys on it but whatevs.

I kinda like when comedians use music in their cds. I really liked Hicks's albums and I think Stanhope's was even better. I think that more comedians should try it and experiment. But I guess if it's not done right it kind of does ruin the jokes. The Bobby Barnett track was blended perfectly with the music and it really does enhance the overall awesomeness of the track.

Oh and Doug's in the right.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM   #87 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD14 View Post
The Bobby Barnett track was blended perfectly with the music and it really does enhance the overall awesomeness of the track.
I think that the real plus factor for the guitar in that track (and the whole album it comes from) is due to the fact that it was improved by a real guitarist sitting nextt to Doug onstage, playing along while Doug talks.

If you hear the cd, they have a lot of funny interplay, with Henry Philips (the guitar player and good comedian) basically reacting with tunes to what Doug is saying.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:49 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I think that the real plus factor for the guitar in that track (and the whole album it comes from) is due to the fact that it was improved by a real guitarist sitting nextt to Doug onstage, playing along while Doug talks.

If you hear the cd, they have a lot of funny interplay, with Henry Philips (the guitar player and good comedian) basically reacting with tunes to what Doug is saying.
Yeah that's true. I think it did help that the music was being played at the same time as Doug was performing and not edited in later. Although I did like the Bill Hicks CDs and that was edited in later but preferred Doug's Something To Take The Edge Off. Arizona Bay did have a really good ending though. I think he (Doug that is, not Bill as it would be kind of hard for him to do that again being dead and all) should do something like that again.

Last edited by PMD14; 06-13-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:19 PM   #89 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I loved the music on both "Rant" and "Arizona" mostly because i know the albums by heart and i think Bill was quite the slick guitar player.

But the mixing made it REALLY distracting. Apparently he wanted to pull off a psychedelic vibe and Kevin Booth tried and did that (badly) but in the end too many jokes gor lost in the music. And as a Hicks fanatic anything that takes away from his drawl and crafted words is a no no.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #90 (permalink)

Favorite comedian on my favorite podcast. WIN.