Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should the poll have been what Keith wanted?
Yes; he had an interesting point. 66 35.29%
No; that is ridiculous. 121 64.71%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #11 (permalink)

Blacks have had 200 years to get over the whole slave thing.

Nerds? Maybe 30. Just sayin'.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I actually liked The Warriors (and no, I didn't get my name from the movie). I saw it maybe in 2003, and then got the urge to watch it again in 2005. I do think the gangs in the movies are pretty ridiculous, but there were some cool parts (the bus, throwing molotov cocktails, the three bottles). I'm guessing the premise of the Warriors world is the gangs didn't dress that ridiculous all the time, they probably put on the costumes for the big get-together, and then never took it off because they were busy hunting the Warriors.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Los

I want to see that poll. For educational purposes.

Should the poll have been what Keith wanted?

Yes; that is ridiculous.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

The poll should have been what Keith wanted because he was doing SCIENCE! Was anyone else in that studio a scientist? No. Keith, don't let the creationists, religious wackos and Southerners keep you from your science. If they win, we'll be listening to podcasts with two cans strung together, and when the string gets tangled, you will be PISSED.

Last edited by thepetek; 06-29-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: ah typos
Old 06-29-2010, 12:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

I think I figured out why Keith and Chemda broke up: Keith needs to date an insecure dumb dumb that needs to be potty trained
3 silences my ass....
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I want to defend The Warriors... But everything that Keith said is right. But I love the movie, its fun and stupid.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_lobo View Post
I think I figured out why Keith and Chemda broke up: Keith needs to date an insecure dumb dumb that needs to be potty trained
3 silences my ass....
The 3 silences has been used by both men and women for years. It is now science.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:49 AM   #18 (permalink)

Bullies came before nerds

Keith, I have the whole solution to this logic problem for you.

Nerds are assholes, there is no excuse for nerd asshole behavior at times, but this demeanor was caused by not just the bullies, but by the overall exclusion from society.

Sure Nerds are able to bunch up like any other group but the big difference is that our group happens to be the one that doesn't get laid. This causes bitterness and jealousy towards not just the bullies, but the rest of society in general.

Over the years "Nerd" has started to take a different meaning and to end confusion I have worked out a system where Nerds are divided into 3 groups

Geeks- These are the computer guys, they are super smart and make millions of dollars doing technology stuff, probably the most well adjusted of the three sections.

Nerds- These are the people that most think of when they hear nerd, D&D, Star Trek, conventions, ect

Dorks- Socially awkward non of the above groups that just kind of fall into the nerd space to have some friends to hang out with, lacking the GPA necessary to be a nerd, but also not diving into a specific fandom deep enough to be a geek, right here you got your fat kids, aspies, and people who just suck at life.

BTW- Girls can't be nerds, its not me saying that its just a law of nature, girls are the opposite of nerd. For example Harry Potter is not Nerdy beacuse more then 50% of its fandom consists of girls, once something reaches that critical mass it ceases to be nerdy.

I think there is validity to my theory "If nerds knew how to get laid they would fit in more" (kind of a paradox isn't it) I know more then a few times that heard guy who was a total nerd,got laid, and then just kinda stopped all the nerd stuff.

Last edited by doctorsleep; 06-29-2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

Just finished listening to the show

Pat hit the nail on the head with how Chemda was acting. Instead of just normally laughing things off or arguing with Keith she did a lot of sarcastic laughing, "meh" and "whatevers".
Old 06-29-2010, 02:04 AM   #20 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Yeah, I think we've been called niggers long after slavery (also there was segregation and jim crowe laws up until 1968) was abolished. And you can get called a nigger at any age (in any decade), not just in high school.

There is a difference between being bullied in school and living in a culture that has systematically degraded you via government mandate?

Being called a nigger reminds you how shitty the world can be in its entirety, being called a nerd reminds you of how shitty high school is.
One represents hatred of your skin color. The other represents hatred of your whole being. Which one's worse?

Besides, this poll would disqualify black people, and I personally don't mind being called the ni-word as much as the ne-word (but it's cool if other ne's call me that).