Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Keith racist?
Yes 88 30.77%
No 198 69.23%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith is NOT a character but he's a professional talk show host and comedian. So he pushes some issues to spark debate. He does the same stuff that howard stern does, only funnier and more raw.

And it works amazingly with chemda because she's sensitive, emapthic and naturally good hearted so she reacts in a sincere, passionate way to his words and gives the perfect counterpoint, if she disagrees.

That's why they are a perfect combo, too.

Christian is hilarious, i missed him.

ADD: And on the overall, i laughed so hard during this episode that even if keith was racist i would still like him.

Last edited by Junkenstein; 06-30-2010 at 02:26 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:38 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post

Yeah it's ridiculous. But being culturally insensitive doesn't make you a racist.

Definition: "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race"
Now I wanna change my poll answer to Not Racist. I think. I always thought that bring xenophobic or cirturally insensitive makes u racist. I think there are different levels of racism Anyone who has strong opinions about a large group of people is racist in my opinion but that means everyone is racist so WTF do I know.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-LOX View Post
Keith is a Character, He's not racist.
I've been starting to believe this strongly in the last couple of months, sometimes it's obvious (Keith's America #1 rants) although not always so I have to wonder.

It's clear that Keith hates nerds because of how deeply hurt he got by them in school when they made fun of him. Words hurt and young Keith really felt it when spiteful nerds exploited his insecurities. I'd hate nerds too if I were Keith.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #34 (permalink)

Everyones a little bit racist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbud8rLejLM

Last edited by doctorsleep; 06-30-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:42 PM   #35 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

The laugh track that Keith kept playing after Christian spoke was so hilarious. Aww man ... Christian was awesome in his retorts to Keith's weird "nerd vs. nigger" theory too. Great show.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #36 (permalink)

keith isn't racist, he's xenophobic. he doesn't hate colours only non americans!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:24 PM   #37 (permalink)

What kind of behavior does it take for a person to be considered racist? There's a lot of grey, as usual with any simple question, but I think this one scenario can clear things up...

If 2 men are walking towards you on the street, do you feel threatened in any way? Does your answer change at all if they're black, hispanic, etc...?
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

people who actually care are the racists.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:04 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevious View Post
people who actually care are the racists.
No, just no.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #40 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've got to say I understand what Keith is saying. the only issue is that he chose the "N word" to be to comparison. the question had no intentional racial connotation in it. pretty much the way I would word it is that; as a white person I obviously cannot know how it would feel to be called a "N word" however as I understand it it is the most offensive thing a black person can be called. So When you went to school (white people only) did you feel as hurt by being called a nerd as you would imagine a black person would feel being called the "N word". Obviously we can't know what it feels like but we can imagine and as Keith pointed out, people have committed suicide over being called a nerd, is it that hard to imagine that a white person could be as offended at being called a nerd as a black person would be to the "N word"

So the pole should have been "(white people over 30 only) was "nerd" the most hurtful offensive thing you could ever imagine being called."