Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Your 2-year-old died in your hot tub. You can't save him.
I would rather have been at home. 51 31.48%
I would rather not have been at home. 111 68.52%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 01:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Every other month the iPhone is supposed to go to Verizon. Never seems to pan out.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I used to read the Cringe Humour webpage when it was pretty much the only one that openly promoted dark, edgy, vulgar humour. I dont know what they're doin' now.

At first they were big promoteres of Jim Norton, Patrice O'Neal, Rich Vos, Attell and so on.

Also they had a page copmpletely devoted to HACKS where they attacked personally comedians they found disturbing, sometimes even organizing group heckling at their shows. (That should have ang a bell, but i thought it was edgy)

Afterwards they became super promoters of Dane Cook. When then joke theft came up, they were on his side. And they had a close relationship with Robert Kelly that went way beyond the appreciation of his comedy.

They became some sort of rotten elite of idiotic sellouts.

So, whatever comes from those people is crap.

Myq rules. End of argument.
If I could do a Myq impression making fun of these fine examples of the Lobellenese I would. Along with combining words in a half cheesy or clever manner. I can't, for I am not as Myqtastic as he. I tried for five minutes and Laugh-and-half was the best I came up with.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #23 (permalink)

Did anyone notice how Myq Kaplan goes off on a classic "Miss Iraq" from 44:52 to 46:15. "Because of... and things like" for about 10 seconds I thought my iTunes was stuck looping over the same part of the MP3. Kaplan, great story teller EPIC LOLs

[Edit]
Reading the thread; for the record I don't hate Myq
Old 07-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Question (If it has already been answered, i'm an idiot and please redirect me where i can get the answer).

K & C said that "Can you imagine" is available for pre-order in the store.

I went to the store and i read the opening sentence about the preorders but the dvd isnt anywhere to be clicked and bought!

Is it still too early or do i have to write a mail+ paypal donation (for what amount?)

Thanks to anyone that could help
Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Love Myq! Gonna have to watch Last Comic Standing online now.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Myq is that dude.

I wonder if he's heard of this one. I totally made it up on my own but I'm scared he'll know a comedian who has used it before.

Floor + orgasm = Floorgasm

Elevator + Floor + Orgasms = Mutliple Floorgasms

Last edited by rodimusprime; 07-01-2010 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Amazon View Post
Myq is awesome, and I love it whenever he's on the show. He's consistently hilarious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Myq Kaplan = Amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AJ=- View Post
Myq Kaplan rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemachine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the nice words, everyone! But wait, there's more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Myq's humour isn't for everyone, it's not more complicated than that.
I agree that I'm not for everyone. Completely.
And I don't think any comedian is, really. Or should be. I mean, Brian Regan comes close; he's himself, and he's pretty universal, but I've heard stories about venues and crowds that didn't dig even him. So, I'm not coming at this from the point of view that this guy NEEDS to like me, because I entirely understand that there are people that won't.

But for me to be "everything [he] fucking hate[s] in a comedian," and the subsequent elaboration of that being that I'm "alternative, atheist, and vegan"? That doesn't really make sense to me. (Along with his assessments of some of the other comics, that I think are inaccurate and based on judgments he has fabricated basically out of nowhere.)

For example, I personally think it's silly to hate "alternative" comedians, because what does that mean? Does he hate Patton Oswalt? Maybe, I don't know, but I think it's silly to do that, especially because he's just as raw and honest and forthright as a Norton or Burr or CK is.
Additionally, I don't particularly consider myself "alternative." I do comedy. I tell jokes. In comedy clubs, in theaters, in bars, in alternative venues, wherever.
So I think his assessment is just inaccurate, not to mention (or now, TO mention) that I don't really understand the concept of his hating "vegan comedy."

I don't know how much of my standup he's seen, or where, but I don't think it's a fully informed decision. And it doesn't have to be. Anyone can say anything they want! The internet!

Just, even if he would still dislike me if he WAS fully informed, I think he's come to this decision (and many of the others he has made) in a wrong-headed way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
I bought Myq Kaplan's Vegan Mind Meld album and i have to say it way brilliant.
I hate to have to defend myq's stand up this way but that guy from cringe humor just doesnt get the full cleverness of his material, it really sounds like he's projecting his own experience with pretentious alternative comic onto myq with the way he talks about him.
Thanks for defending even though you didn't have to. I agree with your assessment and couldn't have said it better myself, unless I did. (Let's say it's a tie.)

PS Somewhere on Cringe's site, Danny Lobell has a piece where he defends my comedy and the comedy of other hated folks. He's nice.

PPS And now, to make this post end on as positive a note as it began, I will rerun the nice things I already quoted, to make a serious sandwich on lovely bread of a message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonde_Amazon View Post
Myq is awesome, and I love it whenever he's on the show. He's consistently hilarious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Myq Kaplan = Amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=AJ=- View Post
Myq Kaplan rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangemachine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
Quote:
For real this time. Thanks again!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Two of my favourite guests in a row, Christian and Myq - awesome!
Old 07-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingindie View Post
Two of my favourite guests in a row, Christian and Myq - awesome!
I think this week's threesome of shows with Pat, then Christian, then Myq has been the best week of shows for a while.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I think this week's threesome of shows with Pat, then Christian, then Myq has been the best week of shows for a while.
This

Myq's humour makes me feel smart when I laugh which makes me want to listen to his shows with my friends to see who laughs the most. I think I can run MENSA now, thanks Myq! I'll be listening to Vegan Mind Meld on my trip to Spain on Sunday.