Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Mel out of line?
Yes 194 94.63%
No 11 5.37%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

I wasn't saying Mel isn't a crazy motherfucker. He is crazy and completely out of line.

You can't sit there and say with a straight face that she didn't know or eventually saw how he was. She admits that he basically owned her and I'm sure this wasn't the first time he went off on her, this was probably just the last straw for her.

Last edited by RoundAbout; 07-14-2010 at 01:27 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:05 AM   #12 (permalink)

Potatoe's story reminded me of a story I told in an old show thread from back in 2006 or so.

I shit my pants in front of an employer during a job interview. I didn't get the job and i left a trail of shit from the seat i was sitting in, right through to the front door of the building. Job interviews the morning after a very hard night on the bourbon really isn't a wise move.

I've also shat myself twice in public, on the street, because of a sudden stomach illness. The only toilets that were close to me were the McDonalds toilets that junkies go to shoot up in... shitting my pants seemed the best option. However, i didn't think of the 20 min walk home before letting my stomach go.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

My interpretation of that scene in The Time Traveler's Wife is that Henry met his future self around for a blowjob. But he was only traveling a month or so back in time. So it was more a situation of duplicating yourself rather than having a run-in with a creepy old man. Yes, it's still weird. And at the end of the scene, his father's walks in on him (them?)

The cool thing about the book is that Henry teaches his younger self a number of survival skills including how to pick locks and lift people's wallets. It would be reasoned that he also taught his younger self a few life lessons on how to handle sex*— even by means of self-sex.

Just read the book, dammit.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

A couple notes on the Lebron fiasco, from a Cleveland perspective and a non-Cleveland perspective.

1. If this were any city, I would agree with the "Get over it" opinion. However, this is Cleveland, a dying city that hasn't won a championship in any professional sport in over 45 years, and in the meantime have encountered heartbreaking loss time and time again. To have their native son tell them to go fuck themselves on national TV is another painful blow. They'll get over it eventually, but for a while we should let them vent.

2. From someone who has no dog in this fight (I'm from Philadelphia), and someone who's enjoyed watching Lebron play over the last 7 years or so, it's disappointing. We (basketball fans) have been led to believe Lebron is the next Jordan, the next "Greatest player ever". Lebron himself is no different, as he has referred to himself as "King James" in the third person often and has "Chosen 1" tattooed on his neck. This move to Miami shows him to be a follower and not a leader, and more concerned with his current brand name value than his long term legacy. Cleveland wasn't a viable option, but New York or Chicago would've been fine. Miami is Wade's town.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethingdumb View Post
I've heard rants like Mel's in person. He's violent and unstable and even if his right mind doesn't believe what he's saying in his rage, he's always walking a narrow line between being the nice guy that Whoopi loves so much and being this psycho. I totally believe his girlfriend when she said she's always walking on egg shells. One minute he's the nicest guy, the next minute you make the pancakes wrong and you've got a shiner.

And apparently Stone and Parker had him completely pegged when they wrote that South Park episode that features him running around flinging poo.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre_mer View Post
These celebrity assholes are on a such a pedestal. Fuck them. Anyone remember Christian Bale's rant? Maybe, but it seems like it was so long ago.
Bale acted like an irritable bitchy diva, pretty standard for hollywood.

This guy sound like he could rip her throat with his teeth if she came close enough.

I thought that he could bounce back, like Rorke or Robert Downey JR or Sizemore...

But thisa is too much. He's like everything awful a sadistic mysoginist racist sociopath can be.

That heavy breathing was way too disturbing coupled with the words.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:03 PM   #17 (permalink)

I think I might wanna take my vote back. I always have this funny theory every celebrity can bounce back by kissing ass like most of them do. OR go get "help" cuz see it's a disease. (right, fuck maybe it is?) But it's always a PR move and somehow he's such a nice guy. He didn't mean to touch the girl, Roland is such a great dude now. Sigh.

Maybe I'm so used to it and become damn near numb to the whole fallacy of everything that is Hollywood. But this shit just keeps coming. It is so ongoing with Mel here...I'm starting to side with Keith on this, this may very well be it for Mel. Atleast as an actor he may have to be exclusively behind the scenes and maybe even take a long break.

But wtf do I know. He still is a dick and I will still enjoy Maverick..Maybe more so lol.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 07-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
And apparently Stone and Parker had him completely pegged when they wrote that South Park episode that features him running around flinging poo.
You can tell from his voice. He's a shit freak, alright.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #19 (permalink)

God, I was eating sun-dried tomato hummus when the "people shitting themselves" stories started. Brown and chunky. Had to throw it away. I might never eat it again, actually.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Emmy!
You'll be fine in London I find myself more accepted in Europe/UK than I do in some places in the states. Enjoy your time there!