Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: MEN ONLY: Have you been in a real physical fight?
Yes 111 56.35%
No 86 43.65%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree2Likes

Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slam_858 View Post

It seems like Kyle was more upset about not doing something... But if he were getting beat up from standing up for himself, would you have helped him?
I'd like to think that since I had already pussied out once and watch a friend get beat up, I would redeem myself this time.

BUT WHAT IF
BUT WHAT IF
BUT WHAT IF
LIGHTENING BOLTS AND PENGUINS

Guess we'll never know, and I'd like to never know.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:16 AM   #82 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think the whole episode on the street is Kyle's fault, but only because he doesn't play the right kind of guitar.

Old 07-29-2010, 06:07 AM   #83 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
If i'm forced into a fight, I would like to think I could react in kind. But if there is any way to avoid it, goodbye. I'm not gonna hurt, because your pride might get hurt. Hate me.
WHat do you consider as forcing you to fight ?
Old 07-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
I think the whole episode on the street is Kyle's fault, but only because he doesn't play the right kind of guitar.

This is the best summation.

Sucks for what happened. I've always returned the favor in a threatening situation if not verbally it'd be physically. I try my best to be the bigger man...But sometimes you can't. However I was in one situation where I was threatened, insulted repeatedly at work, and followed as I walked away telling them to speak to a manager. He then struck me twice; pop upside the head and kick to the ass. Luckily we were on camera. Something I tried to make sure we were placed at the right spot. I did not fight back waiting for the police as I notified them immediately after yelling at the fucker for hitting me. He was fired and I would of too if I struck back. But ofcourse it still bothers me if he ever comes up I wanted to punch him in his neck then beat the shit out of him.

As I later came to know he was drunk and I knew he was having a tough time. He was a buddy I thought, but this neither excuses his actions. I would like to keep the job though. Sucky situation.
Medium Brumski: The only reason we have the 2nd Amendment is because John Adams was afraid of the zombie apocalypse and he wanted to make sure Americans would be prepared, I guess Keith hasn't gotten to that part of the mini-series yet.

Sparrow:...Brings up her point? What point?! Are we naht suckin' ya cahk hahd enough, Sue?!?

Keith: Oh, you...
Old 07-29-2010, 08:17 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiethestrange View Post
Yeah, it could have been. But then Kyle & Newsy couldn't have known that either.
I'm not sure I understand you. If the "bad guys" had a plan to jump Kyle & Newsy, then they wouldn't have been let go after giving them a few bucks and some fries, not while they were obviously carrying anything else valuable. With your story, I'm saying maybe the plan the whole time was to mug whoever the guy decided to hassle. The fact that you said a group of guys pulled up in a car within seconds, and had weapons ready, makes me think it was atleast a little planned. If this guy that hassled Kyle & Newsy had friends ready to ambush them, then it would have happened.

But different circumstances matter alot when comparing these stories, Kyle & Newsy were out late by themselves (I'm assuming the streets were pretty empty), while in your story, if it was still pretty early in the night, in a crowded bar area of your city, that changes alot.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyagain View Post
I can't say I was surprised that Kentucky made the list of fattest in the country. I live in one of the poorest areas of Louisville, the West End, and we definitely have the highest amount of fast food “restaurants” in the area. Within a 2 ½ mile area running from 12th and Broadway to 27th and Broadway there is the following:

On 12th there is a Wendy's and a McDonald's on the opposite sides of Broadway. I assume this was setup this way so that the kids from the nearby high school have options when they get tired of eating at the KFC and Taco Bell trucks set in their parking lot during the year.

Six blocks down on 18th there is a KFC which has to be the most technologically advanced building in the area with its menus on 3 large flat screen TVs which can be updated in real time whenever there are specials and/or shortages. That KFC was also across the street from the former RJ Reynolds aka “Big Tobacco” headquarters/factory, but that's a different story.

On 22nd and Broadway, one block from my mom's house, we have one local chicken shack next to a Papa Johns pizza. On the other side of Broadway there is the local Chinese food chain and a Rally's (the southern version of Checkers). There was a Lee's Chicken in between the Rally's and Chinese place, but it was shut down 2 years ago.

Finally, on 27th and Broadway, surrounding the only grocery store we have another Chinese restaurant, Burger King, a McDonald's , a Pizza Hut and as of five years ago, a Taco Bell.

To say the people around here are fat is an understatement like you wouldn't believe.

Tell me about it. I live in West Virginia, and food options include Cracker Barrel, Shoney's (talk about a deep fried salad bar), KFC, McDonald's, Captain D's, other gross fast food joints, a myriad of steakhouses in which you can throw peanut shells on the floor, Chinese buffets out the ass, etc. As a vegetarian, it is next to impossible for me to find food at a restaraunt here, so I rarely go out for food...this is probably for the best though.

Jamie Oliver came to Huntington, WV earlier this year to attempt to help teach people how to cook and eat REAL food, instead of shoving this processed bullshit down their gullets. He was met with nothing but resistance and complaints.

It also seems to me that while poverty is a major problem in WV, it is not the only problem. The people here are generally unmotivated. If something requires moving, any sort of physical exertion at all, no one is interested. They're just happy being human waste. It's really is quite sad.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
WHat do you consider as forcing you to fight ?
If the guy turned to me and started to fight me.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
Fine. Let me put this out to the world:

DO NOT ENGAGE IN A FIGHT THAT COULD BE AVOIDED, AROUND ME, BECAUSE I WILL DO NOTHING. MY SAFETY IS MY ONLY CONCERN. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T HANG OUT WITH ME.

If i'm forced into a fight, I would like to think I could react in kind. But if there is any way to avoid it, goodbye. I'm not gonna hurt, because your pride might get hurt. Hate me.
Wow, at least you're honest.
Old 07-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_martha_stewart View Post
It also seems to me that while poverty is a major problem in WV, it is not the only problem. The people here are generally unmotivated. If something requires moving, any sort of physical exertion at all, no one is interested. They're just happy being human waste. It's really is quite sad.

My mom always loves telling me the story about the first time she and my dad, as newlyweds, visited his extended family in the Appalachian mountains. They went to church with his aunt that Sunday, and the minister was all fire and brimstone railing against communists taking over the country. In the late 70's. Actually, now that I think about it that story isn't as funny anymore because you can hear that in mainstream America these days. That and the fact that the president is clearly the anti-Christ.

But the health care system in WV is fucking awful, too. No money to hire decent doctors, so the worst of the worst are the only ones willing to work there. When we visited there as a family, we met more than one of my great aunt's neighbors who'd had horrific medical mishaps leaving them disabled.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 AM   #90 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Hey Kyle, that focus group you attended for the splinter-cell game...was it for a cell-phone version or actually for Ubisoft? I work for a company that makes some ports of ubisoft games in NYC and we have focus groups come in all the time....just curious...