Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is human praise meaningless if we are not following God's directives?
Yes 19 13.57%
No 121 86.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #51 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

It was like this ...

Keith's Brother: (Hmmm, there's a steak here on the menu called Burgundy Steak. Burgundy must mean the style of the preparation. I wonder what that entails.) "Hey, what does the Burgundy in Burgundy Steak mean?"

Keith's Dad: (Hmmm, I wonder what I can write about in my next letter. How to best use the mail for his business? Why the lord doesn't appreciate people living with their Jew ex-girlfriends? Phone sex advice?) "What's that son? Oh. Burgundy means it's Burgundy prepared."

Keith's Brother: (GAH!!! That's the obvious part!!! Why would my dad think I was so stupid I couldn't work out at least that much?!?) "Nooooooo, but whaaaat does Burgundy meeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaan?!?!"

Keith's Mom: It's prepared using Burgundy wine.

Keith: (Kill me.)

Chemda: (Keith's mom is so cute.)

Newsy: (I could be checking the hottest dudes thread right now while eating sweets and filming my roommates sleeping.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
It was like this ...

Keith's Brother: (Hmmm, there's a steak here on the menu called Burgundy Steak. Burgundy must mean the style of the preparation. I wonder what that entails.) "Hey, what does the Burgundy in Burgundy Steak mean?"

Keith's Dad: (Hmmm, I wonder what I can write about in my next letter. How to best use the mail for his business? Why the lord doesn't appreciate people living with their Jew ex-girlfriends? Phone sex advice?) "What's that son? Oh. Burgundy means it's Burgundy prepared."

Keith's Brother: (GAH!!! That's the obvious part!!! Why would my dad think I was so stupid I couldn't work out at least that much?!?) "Nooooooo, but whaaaat does Burgundy meeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaan?!?!"

Keith's Mom: It's prepared using Burgundy wine.

Keith: (Kill me.)

Chemda: (Keith's mom is so cute.)

Newsy: (I could be checking the hottest dudes thread right now while eating sweets and filming my roommates sleeping.)

This would make a good script for a saturday morning comic kinda thing, I wonder If lattaland would be up for making a katg comic series.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:02 AM   #53 (permalink)

who is answering yes to the poll? How? Why?

Where?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #54 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin_web View Post

Where?
I'm going to guess religious idiots who don't listen to the show and are not able to fully comprehend the implications of that statement.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gin_web View Post

Where?
Someone voted yes on the are you a child molester poll, several people voted yes on the are you a liar on anonymous polls poll.

People can't help themselves. It's a compulsion.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:58 AM   #56 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
Someone voted yes on the are you a child molester poll, several people voted yes on the are you a liar on anonymous polls poll.

People can't help themselves. It's a compulsion.
Who are you and where's my friend hayroob!?

(nice to see your name finally, dougie)
Old 11-01-2010, 10:11 AM   #57 (permalink)

Well, considering that "God's directives" are arbitrarily made up by mankind, then by definition they ARE "human praises." Hmmm.....I still vote no on the poll.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:15 AM   #58 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Well, considering that "God's directives" are arbitrarily made up by mankind, then by definition they ARE "human praises." Hmmm.....I still vote no on the poll.
Nope, they would then be human directives. Besides, the people who believe they are entitled to communicate said directives claim to be voicing the word of god,not just "arbitrarily making them up"
Old 11-01-2010, 01:44 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Nope, they would then be human directives. Besides, the people who believe they are entitled to communicate said directives claim to be voicing the word of god,not just "arbitrarily making them up"

Joseph Smith changed his church's concept of "revelations" after he realized that telling people they can talk directly to God takes all authority away from him -- so he altered it so that all "official" revelations come ONLY to the head of the Mormon church. He instituted their rule about polygamy because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Yes, they know full well that they are making shit up, and they make shit up to maintain their authority and power.

The true believers are usually the congregants. The guys in charge are fully aware of what they're doing to brainwash people.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 11-01-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 AM   #60 (permalink)

So out of all the things I could comment on in this episode, the one that gets me to the keyboard is when Chemda mentions Jeremy listening to bird music. Her imitation actually reminded me of a song. I hope it matches what she was talking about.

Isao Tomita - Ballet of the Chicks in their Shells

it's only a minute long, thank the gods