Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: McDonald's
Chemda 95 50.00%
Keith Alberstadt 95 50.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I think Chemda's point is that most people don't have self control and the advertisers don't care. I think she's right. I also don't think its their responsibility to care. They're advertisers, their responsibility is to sell products.
i can concede to to this, well put
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #22 (permalink)

The point here is that these companies will say anything to sell their product. Its only now that a government agency like the FDA, etc. will say " Umm... yeah, you can't blatantly lie and actually tell people your food is good for them or contain any beneficial nutritional value when it clearly doesn't"
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)

so are you saying that these agencys are needed?

1906 is when that particular agency was founded by the way, not just now.

Last edited by justingoodman@live.com; 11-10-2010 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledfingers View Post
Yeah, and I'm sure the advertisers for Coke really believed soda was good for babies.
The ad says nothing of nutritional value, it says drink Coke to fit in and have a happy life.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
The ad says nothing of nutritional value, it says drink Coke to fit in and have a happy life.

And how exactly would "laboratory tests" even quantify such things as "fitting in" and "happiness?" That's bullshit and you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justingoodman@live.com View Post
so are you saying that these agencys are needed?

Not only is it necessary, it needs to be better funded as this year's massive egg recall shows. The FDA's budget has been cut every fiscal year for the past decade and it is utterly ill-equipped to handle basic oversight. The same bastard who was running the farms that got everyone sick this summer is behind the current egg recall right now. He purposely went to Iowa because that state has the most relaxed safety laws.

Last edited by Blitzgal; 11-10-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
And how exactly would "laboratory tests" even quantify such things as "fitting in" and "happiness?" That's bullshit and you know it.

Not only is it necessary, it needs to be better funded as this year's massive egg recall shows. The FDA's budget has been cut every fiscal year for the past decade and it is utterly ill-equipped to handle basic oversight. The same bastard who was running the farms that got everyone sick this summer is behind the current egg recall right now. He purposely went to Iowa because that state has the most relaxed safety laws.
i am sorry if i wronged you in some way blitz, but honestly if you cant make the judgement call of what you should or should not eat on your own than by all means hire a group of people who have not practiced medicine in years or at all in some cases, to make that decision for you.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with Keith A. on the self control stuff but their is something the government could do to stop people from eating at McDonalds. Stop subsidizing them! We subsidize wheat, corn and soy to the tune of 56 billion dollars in the last 10 years. This has made it really cheap to buy a twinkie. Think about it. How much work goes into a twinkie and somehow its as cheap as an apple. It just doesn't make sense until you think about how we subsidize food base products that are easily processed into the most unhealthy crap.

Wipe away the old subsidy structure and then begin subsidizing farms that ship non-molested fruits, veggies, and meat to the stores. Instantly we flip a bitch. A carrot becomes cheap and a twinkie will cost $2. People won't buy it any more. The main ingredient in Coca-Cola, corn syrup. When it becomes unsubsidized coke will become expensive and people will drink less.

We are literally killing our selves.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Ad agencies are in the business of selling fake desires. I don't know how one would define these things objectively (which is why I stick to math and avoid everything else). Probably same loopholes in definitions that currently allow Creation Institutes and Creation Science peer-reviewed journals to exist.

I'm guessing at the FDA didn't think of making strict definitions for "lab tests" when it didn't come to nutritional facts.

I don't know how anyone can work in marketing, but plenty of people do. I'm sure even on these boards.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt View Post
I agree with Keith A. on the self control stuff but their is something the government could do to stop people from eating at McDonalds. Stop subsidizing them! We subsidize wheat, corn and soy to the tune of 56 billion dollars in the last 10 years. This has made it really cheap to buy a twinkie. Think about it. How much work goes into a twinkie and somehow its as cheap as an apple. It just doesn't make sense until you think about how we subsidize food base products that are easily processed into the most unhealthy crap.

Wipe away the old subsidy structure and then begin subsidizing farms that ship non-molested fruits, veggies, and meat to the stores. Instantly we flip a bitch. A carrot becomes cheap and a twinkie will cost $2. People won't buy it any more. The main ingredient in Coca-Cola, corn syrup. When it becomes unsubsidized coke will become expensive and people will drink less.

We are literally killing our selves.
How will the students live? We can live on taxpayers subsidizing our mac & cheese, but cheaper carrots will never have the same calories/$.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
So I'm assuming that you have a home lab to test the eggs and produce you buy for bacterial contamination. Must be nice....
had to use the trust fund for something
by the way can you smell when an egg gos bad?
why not just grow it yourself? That way you can only blame yourself for getting sick

Last edited by justingoodman@live.com; 11-10-2010 at 01:53 PM.