Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who is more in the right?
Erik Skov 320 88.15%
slampokes 43 11.85%
Voters: 363. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2011, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1321: Crazy Bitch

"She lied to me, Keith Malley."

Jesse Joyce
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

You had to interrupt my God joke, didn't you Jesse?

EDIT: Also, I'd be curious to find out specifically why my second message was wrong. I actually really debated sending it because I specifically didn't want to get in the current situation of offending slampokes.. too late
Old 01-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Bitches be bitches, man.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

The initial "follow up" message that was sent to slampokes was bad form, how she handled its was worse then shit just snowballed into a big ball of wrong. Though I'm pretty much on Erik's side, but I don't know if that's just because I'm a guy and can relate more to his side.

Also Jesse Joyce is always an amazing guest, and I'm downloading his new album from itunes as I write this.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Slampokes is a lovely girl and despite my fondness for Erik Skov and his work Im going to have to side with her on this one.

Erik should've treated this like a detective case he needed to solve "I know you were logged in, I caught you ha! why didnt you reply?".

Erik's messages started out with expectation, then went self righteous far too quickly. Maybe doctorsleep has made me overlycritical of male virgins and see them all as spikey entitled weirdos but none of Slampokes's responses crossed me as out of line considering the tone and righteousness she was responding to.

Generally Im the type of guy that will be first to throw out terms like 'bitch' and 'cunt' if I think a woman is being a massively entitled douche but I dont think Slampokes is in the wrong here. Erik's game wasn't on the mark and I really think they could've gotten together if he had've been smoother and more intune.

No offense Erik, I don't think you're a bad dude but I think in a few years you'll have game enough to understand how you should've proceeded and worded your messages.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 01-20-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I didn't catch the first bits of the story, but I do know Slampokes is a good chick. I'm not gonna fault her over less than ladylike sass.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Erik should've treated this like a detective case he needed to solve "I know you were logged in, I caught you ha! why didnt you reply?".
I checked her posts out of my own curiosity, but as I said in the e-mail, was just going to let it go until she started saying stuff like "kiddo" and "good luck." I only went into "detective mode" after that because I just wanted to let her know that I knew. I also write a lot of essays as a history major, so my writing has a very formal tone to it. I assure you, I don't go around talking to people like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
Erik's messages started out with expectation, then went self righteous far too quickly.
There's a lot of expectation in "I wouldn't mind meeting another KATG fan," isn't there?

The only thing I was expecting was a response. If that's "self-righteous," so be it.

(but if you're referring to my listing of my schedule, I'll agree that comes off as entitled; unintentionally so, however. The only reason I wrote out my schedule was because I messaged her on a Friday night and wanted to avoid the awkwardness of her potentially suggesting Saturday or Sunday, etc [on both of which I work nights]. In hindsight I admit it was weird to say what my schedule was).

EDIT: Also, listening to Keith read my e-mails on the air, I do agree the "detective" shit was too much, Jo. Still, I don't think I ever sounded entitled.

Last edited by zappbrannigan; 01-20-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
There's a lot of expectation in "I wouldn't mind meeting another KATG fan," isn't there?
The only thing I was expecting was a response. If that's "self-righteous," so be it.
EDIT: Also, listening to Keith read my e-mails on the air, I do agree the "detective" shit was too much, Jo. Still, I don't think I ever sounded entitled.
Im not trying to bust your balls man. I'll clarify. (but shit what do I know look at the pole)

the expectation - didnt mean it as outrightly harsh as this, its just with those first 2 messages in my head i was going "ah shit this isn't gonna end well". Really only a minor issue, you came off just a tad to hopeful and impatient.

self-righteous - you just went too defensive too fast man,

entitleness - I didn't call you entitled and i don't think you came across this way. I was explaining how surprised I am at myself that I took slampokes side considering how very rarely I side with women in general. I proposed that maybe I have become jaded because of all the advice ive tried to give doctorsleep and that i may be projecting.

and btw, I didnt fucken know Zapp and Erik were one and that same. Aren't you the guy that did that great 'Samantha Jones' Stand-up last year.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 01-20-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Erik's funny as shit.

I want to vote for him twice.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappbrannigan View Post
You had to interrupt my God joke, didn't you Jesse?

EDIT: Also, I'd be curious to find out specifically why my second message was wrong. I actually really debated sending it because I specifically didn't want to get in the current situation of offending slampokes.. too late
The second one was wrong because it seemed a little confrontational. Like the people who say: "You could have said excuse me!"

Don't teach me to be polite. If Kindergarten couldn't do it, a random person yelling at me wont.

That being said, I'm still on your side.